Everquest raids too easy

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Mar 6, 2022.

1. uberkingkong Augur

I'd say raidwise Everquest takes an L
    Too easy, 9 guilds beaten T3 ToL raids all of them DAY 1.
    http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/progress/

Everquest used to be a game known for difficult but times have changed seems too easy now.

Compared to other games,
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/forum/70-end-of-dragons-discussion/
    Meta too hard, don't make it easier, too hard, whats your thoughts, get good people. Don't make it easy.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/109702-anet-lost-their-way-with-dragons-end-meta/
    What you see is people saying "I'm fine with diffult, don't nerf it, don't make it easy"
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/108914-do-not-nerf-dragons-end-meta/
    Should not be beaten day 1

Everquest on the other 9 guilds 9, beaten T3 the hardest of them all day 1.
    Well game over.

Everquest = easy raids
    Other games = can't even beat the content day 1
    Andarriel likes this.
  2. Kindertime Journeyman

You don't understand how old EQ is and how good EQ's top raid guilds are. If you think there are even five more guilds who can do what those 9 did you're mistaken.
    Kialya and Kaenneth like this.
  3. FawnTemplar Augur

I feel like people having been talking about how EQ is gonna die for at least a decade now. I notice you cite "other games" (plural) but only cite sources pertaining to Guild Wars 2.

Also, you need look no further than all the complaining about TBL raids to see why they will likely never truly be "hard" again. (and that expansion really only had one hard raid)
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Exactly why is it a problem the the top end guilds can beat raids on opening day? If they are struggling to beat raids the lower end guilds won't have a chance and frustrating players is not a good idea for a game as old as EQ is.
    Kialya, Skuz, Elyssanda and 2 others like this.
  5. Nudia Augur

Fix the lag first, then we can chat about difficulty.
    Kialya, Moege, Velisaris_MS and 11 others like this.
  6. Morigaine Elder

Definitely this. The difficulty of Aten has nothing to do with the mechanics of the raid, it has to do with the luck of the golem spawns and when they move if at all. Another issue is the phased release of content and the way beta is currently done. The guilds beating the content on day 1 put a lot of work into beta evaluating mechanics and likely dying a lot as well as fighting horribly mistuned raids. If they went back to the days of all raids releasing on day 1 of the expansion and not having access to the raids in beta, you would likely have 1 maybe 2 guilds beat the raids on release date BUT you would have horrendously broken raids with a ton of mistakes.
  7. FawnTemplar Augur

And to add to this, a lot of feedback is given on beta about the difficulty level of content. A LOT. If people think those top guilds aren't advocating for some harder raids then they're just wrong.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Robnie Augur

The level of difference between #1 and #9 is probably as different as #9 and #30 too.

If #1 wont clear on day 1 #9 probably wont clear for a month and #30 will certainly never clear.

How many days did it take ROI to kill pre nerf nerf nerf nerf maeratas?

Making raids hard for the top 5 will put them out of reach for much of the game. Nerfing as time goes seems to be a popular opinion but the devs seem to disagree.
    Coagagin likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And if the numbers are accurate only 20 guilds have beaten Maeratas which shows that even for some events the nerfs don't always help. At a certain point outside of achievements or saying you have beat it there comes a point where guilds will stop attempting to beat those raids which can lead to wasted raid content.
    Skuz and Coagagin like this.
  10. Riou EQResource

I'd wonder how long it takes to implement the group version of the Raids since at the start of Beta they seem mostly like copy paste of each other (sometimes they get mixed up too) and if it was feasible to make a 3rd (Hard) version of them with increased values and/or an extra mechanic or something

The other MMO's with multi difficulty options have the same basic fight and just change up damage values or strip mechanics (pretty much every level down you go basically strips at least 1 mechanic or spreads them farther apart)
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What would be the overall goal for the harder raids? Dropping more loot? Dropping better loot? If you are asking about better loot that would take more time to develop.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Add an 4th raid achievement that is tagged as an optional for vanquisher. Make it request a harder version.

And the way the last 4 expansions have gone, they just need to use one of the versions that were on beta that were much harder and call it a day.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What incentive would anyone have for doing these new raids outside of the few that are trying to complete all achievements? What was harder about the versions on beta?
    Skuz and Kaenneth like this.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If you raided on beta you'd know. Not going to go do some list for something that would never happen.I don't need any incentive to get an achievement, do you? If so, that's on you.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  15. strongbus Augur

Dose OP not understand they are not really beating them day 1 as to say. I am willing to bet all guilds who beat the raids the 1st day they go live are the same ones who spend weeks in beta testing the raids with the dervs and have their straits all worked out and ready to go. they are not going in blind. they no what needs to be done and have done them.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I did raid them on beta and I don't know what you are talking about and I really hope they don't waste time making harder raids just for an achievement. Is it really that hard to answer a question about what made them harder on beta?
    Kaenneth likes this.
  17. kookoo Augur

last T3 raid should be ( the hardest one to beat ) , could be brutal , and hard to beat , so top guilds would have a challenge to finish it * top 10 * .

then after like 6 months could be tuned down some to let * weaker * guilds a chance to beat it .
    would not need extra dev's time ( or few ) to implement.
  18. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Balance and tuning is hard. Even just figuring out who to listen to in order to get accurate feedback can also be difficult. I think that during Beta, we have been advocating for both Harder and Easier raids. It's good to have the challenging stuff, to learn and overcome those events. But we also know that the game needs to remain more accessible to those still playing it, and easier raids help to train for the more difficult ones. It would be silly and detrimental to ask for just Hardcore Mode all the time. I believe this is why devs were getting more input from the Not-Top-10 guilds in Beta this year.
    Skuz and FawnTemplar like this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Is it really that hard to say why you think the raids where harder on beta then they are on live?
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Leave them only 6 months to try and beat the content? Once the new expansion and raids launches there is little incentive to go back and do that content anymore.