Is there a way to guarantee a combine on Overseer or is it all random?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kolani, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Kolani Augur

I need a Harvester(4) on my second account, I can't complete a recruitment task basically every other day because I don't have a Harvester(4). Are there certain agents I can combine to increase the success rate of getting a 4?
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

carefully select mission to gain 90% or better final success (90% naturally or 88/89 with one or more matching (green) attributes will award a random common agent. amassing these as fast as possible in early Overseer play is my strategy. I select agents for every mission available, first by 6 hour, then by 12 hour and send as many as I can get to a final 90% the displayed percent chance of success does not show the + bonus for matched attributes, so an 89 with a greened attibute will come back as 90% Critical success and award a bonus agent. i learned not to send the rest on any mission and wait out the 6/12 hours and then redo. I get more criticals by having those agents available still when more favorable to them missions refresh. Once you assign the same "winner combos" two days in a row, you learn who fits what missions.

Other than get as many chances to win one, all agent awards are entirely randomized.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I personally think there should be a simple Swap Agent option like a one to one conversion mission of common to common / uncommons etc. . it would solve this bottleneck problem some. Our family has deleted and rerolled numerous old heroic characters lately and the stark difference in Overseer experience of play between accounts is an issue. I've had 2 characters start at the same time and a week later 1 account added 20 or more agents and the other got 6 because one account had NO agents that matched ANYHTING, much less recruit______ type missions for the 1st month, to the pont where we deleted the heroic again and rerolled it just to un*&^% it's Overseer agents.
    Vumad likes this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

You can always break down higher agents into 2 of the next tier down, and hope to randomly land one.
  5. Iven Antonius Bayle

No. You need an agent with rank 4 in harvesting for it. Agents do get created total randomly from recruitment and critical success quests. But there are sometimes recruitment quests for certain uncommon, rare and elite agents which might contain a rank 4 harvester.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You can *almost* guarantee a Critical Failure by using the DBC Finish Now button. Devs tell me I'm imagining it, though. You're probably safe.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Last month, I was still waiting to get one last rare agent on my main account, and what do I see, but a recruit quest for that very agent! So, obviously, I take the quest, and wait for it to complete (36 hours).

So, of course, what happens then? I combine whatever extra agents I got in the meantime... and get that last rare agent I was waiting for, LOL!
    Rondor and Yinla like this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I feel for you my newest account i cant do the recruits that need harvester 4 either i need The Everliving rare and have yet to get. I just wish overseer would put up more recruit quest for agents you dont have most and almost everytime when they do its for something ive got already.
  9. Iven Antonius Bayle

There should be an Overseer revamp and I thought that there was one announced in the Roadmap post but it is just this planned: :(
    This is funny but chances are about 4% for rare agents per combine to get an unique one.
  10. Khalysta New Member

I agree the Finish Now button seems to have a much higher chance of failure then letting it end normally. It seems to fail a lot when you Finish Now a new quest. If I let them run for a few hours and then hit the Finish Now button it seems to be better.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The only critical failures I ever get are doing this- <never> again. It's obvious the success chance drops.
    Khalysta likes this.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

their is at least one 5 that should work for Harvester 4 are you using it for something else or dont have it?

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Overseer#Harvester

have you check your Incapacitated peeps
    have you Converted Up you recutiment
    Have you looked at at your Dups at max level and covert down to then get enought to covert up.
    have you uses your Overseer Tetradrachm to buy more recuits

Agent Types

• Common
    • Uncommon
    • Uncommon Iconic
    • Rare Iconic
    • Elite Iconic

You can convert agents by picking the appropriate quest listed below and selecting 3 agents to covert to 1 next tier agent.

• Common Conversion
      • Converts 3 Common Agents to 1 Uncommon Agent.

• Uncommon Conversion
      • Converts 3 Uncommon Agents to 1 Rare Agent.

• Rare Conversion
      • Converts 3 Rare Agents to 1 Elite Agent.

For example:

• To convert 3 Common Agents to 1 Uncommon Agent, you would pick the Common Conversion quest, select the 3 Common Agents and hit Start Quest!
    • To convert 3 Uncommon Agents to 1 Rare Agent, pick the Uncommon Conversion quest, select the 3 Uncommon Agents and hit Start Quest!
    • To convert 3 Rare Agents to 1 Elite Agent, pick the Rare Conversion quest, select the 3 Rare Agents and hit Start Quest!
    Your Elite agents can Dup you can look at what ones you have a DUP and convert them to a CLICY that allows you to get two Rare Agents. Might get lucky for a Harvester!
  13. Kolani Augur

That account just has no harvesters over 3. I convert Commons and as soon as I have dupes on the higher rank ones, but no luck.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i finally got the everliving on my last account so i can do the harvest 4 recruits i did get a snapshot on my other account on agents that work for it everliving with ! is the best one. There's 1 Elite and 4 rares hopefully you get something soon i know how you feel when you cant do a recruit it kinda bites.

[IMG]