Raid boss strikethrough, or not?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Yahsha, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Petalonyx Augur

Fair point, but doesnt invalidate the adverse impact a dragon glyph nerf (sans buff to legitimate class/archetype abilities) would have on a large population, which isn't well represented here. I just wanted to make sure folks kept that in mind.
  2. Cadira Augur

In my humble, useless opinion, I think:

Dragon glyph should be nerfed into oblivion via
    -reducing uptime to 2 minutes
    -or keeping the 5 minute uptime but removing one or two of the major aspects like the 451 mod or the increase to ac

Warrior damage caps on abilities should be vastly increased to allow them to last their full duration so long as they're not taking so much damage that it trivializes tanking multiple raid mobs at once with ease (their damage cap should be big enough to allow them to tank a raid boss with it without it fading early against one single mob).

Sks and pallies should get an updated reavers Bargain or equivalent

Sks and pallies should get
    -additional mitigation abilities usable in-between cooldowns of current discs since they seem to be constantly tanking something but can't always have some kind of mitigation ability going full time without glyph
    -or vast reduction on cool downs of their current discs so there's more uptime to cover almost constant tanking assignments and possibly increase to strength of current discs.
    Syylke_EMarr and Allayna like this.
  3. Triconix Augur

Or make it useable once a day. Easiest solution imo. A once a day "oh poop" button in a single raid encounter or bad pull in groups is fine.
    Cadira likes this.
  4. p2aa Augur

EQlogparser is still showing some ToL raid mobs with 100 % strikethrough, but it's possible the tanking data analysis is not fully right. For example, we don't see the riposte %. I also can see some raid mobs with no 100 % strikethrough in ToL, when in CoV, this was nearly always 100 %. So EQlogparser is seeing something too.

Also, what changed to CoV and before, is that warriors can dodge, and shield block rarely, which was not possible at all before. This is a proof that the skills are working, though it doesn't mean that this dodge has not been strikethrough after this, i don't think EQlogparser is doing the difference there on real dodges that have not been strikethrough. Is it possible that Heroic strikethrough was set also to 100 % and has been reduced ?

I will do some data analysis on ToL mobs to have more info on this.

We need Beimeth gameparse update to get more accurate tanking numbers. The latest gameparse version V99 doesn't work for the tanking tab, and the former version (V97) is bugging when I load the parse, I will give some attempt at it again.

You can fully block a hit with shield though, which was not seen before.
    The last time I seen it was Vim of Vim and Vigor raid in TBM expansion 6 years ago !
    So, if this is a new trend for raids, this is going to be very interesting regarding the tank Heroic debate.

I'm focused on dodge counts , because warriors could parry in CoV, but the parry number can be skewed with Flash of Anger used, so not a reliable skill. I estimate that one flash of anger = 6 parry counts.
    Fortitude is registered in miss counts, one fortitude = 36 miss counts around.
  5. josh Augur

Yeah, eglogparser is also definitely not working. to get my parses i literally just searched for dodge/parry/riposte using gamparses regex search, and checked it against what older versions of gamparse say to verify I had gotten everything. Older versions of gamparse are wrong as has been detailed in this thread.
  6. Qimble Augur

From ToV forward glyphs have not been needed for any group content while in the previous tier of group gear with real tank / healer / slower. They have also not been needed in raids unless you're trying to overcome a shortcoming. (like a newbie tank in group gear being thrown into the rotation, or sub-par DPS from some members making it important that others pop destruction glyphs)

Calling them p2w is also laughable. They are the opposite of p2w, you can literally only get them through playing the game. (I guess you could count the loyalty vendors ones p2w if you really, really wanted to stretch the definition)
    Szilent likes this.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

I believe that Overseer makes many aspects of the game pay-2-win because it lets you spend DBC to complete quests immediately. Those quest rewards include AA experience. Players also pay Krono for power-leveled experience.
  8. Qimble Augur

Overseer doesn't include AAxp as an option. What does paying for powerlevels have to do with dragon glyphs not being p2w?
  9. Szilent Augur

no it doesn't.

that is so far from a p2w mechanic I don't even know where to start. Like, is *chess* p2w because tournament organizers pay Magnus Carlson to checkmate a room full of chumps for them?
  10. Wulfhere Augur

Collections.
    Allayna likes this.
  11. Wulfhere Augur

Huh? what?
  12. Kazint Augur

I made a couple small fixes in my latest parser. It wasn't counting absorbs at all, some of the riposte messages (if they weren't from a damage line), and it was missing some parries. I also got rid of the % columns since they seem to be more complicated than what I was doing.

You'll have to wait for Gamparse to do what you all really want but hopefully mine will show basic counts OK for anyone using it. If there's anything else pretty simple to help I could add/fix it but I don't have a lot of time either right now and dozens of other things some people are waiting for.
  13. Razorfall Augur

Are HDEX augs still king for type 5s? Or would it be better to go with the balanced stat augs?
  14. p2aa Augur

For raid or group content ?
  15. Razorfall Augur

Usually group. Although I will do a raid from time to time
  16. Warpeace Augur

I went Balanced type 5's this expansion.

Nothing scientific to back up that decision other than every stat has a threshold that once passed you start to receive diminished returns. Stacking everything into HDex just seemed like I was loosing potential advantages in other benefits as a tank.
    Ozon likes this.
  17. p2aa Augur

Then go fully on HDex, so that you have more chances to overcome HStrikethrough with parry / riposte.
    If you balance HDex and HAgi for example, you will average numbers for parry / riposte and dodge and less chance to overcome HStrikethrough. And more HDex is more DPS too with crit chance increase.
  18. Tucoh Augur

I did some parsing at the start of ToL to see what my crit rate was to see if I should spec Balanced Charisma and found that my crit rate with full hDex augs and "typical" buffs was low enough to continue hDex.

These days hDex provides so much DPS benefit it's hard to justify hSta / hAgi without some parsing done to demonstrate significant benefit against raid bosses.
    Allayna likes this.
  19. p2aa Augur

False.
  20. Koryu Professional Roadkill

"That's a nice argument, Senator, why don't you back it up with a source?"