EverQuest Roadmap 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Sotu Sotu Journeyman

I'm one of those few people who maybe use an Apprentice Merc 1. The cheapest one. Please don't take that away. At least make the two new Mercs the cheapest ones in cost, but perform like the 5s, then that would make everyone happy.
  2. Zanarnar Augur

Just a note on this, your Windows license entitles you to the older versions too if you want them; you can download and install 10 on an 11 key, the same way you could install 7 or 8 and activate them on a 10 key.

ALSO its likely your hardware supports 64bit even if it has a 32bit os on it, there was a 3 or 4 year window where that was fairly common a ways back. (I had a whole batch of Dell's like that, we just imaged them with Win7_x64 and kept on using them)
    Shindius and Stabbyman like this.
  3. Sotu Sotu Journeyman

I can think of using 5 healer mercs at the same time while molo-ing, however I'd like them to stagger their heals about 2 seconds apart and not all cast at the same time.

Or we can make a hot button that does this:

/pause 20, /merc 1 heal now
    /pause 20, /merc 2 heal now
    /pause 20, /merc 3 heal now
    /pause 20, /merc 4 heal now
    /pause 20, /merc 5 heal now

That is, if you can "target" a particular merc and make them do something.

However, I'd just prefer it if I can turn this stack of bonechips into permanent pets that stick around longer than 10 seconds, it does sound OP if you can command like two dozen pets.

The alternative is watching someone box a full raid, I've seen those on youtube.
  4. Derd Augur

They're not boxing, they are cheating.
  5. strongbus Augur

if the owners of eq where smart they make a server or 2(have it listed as 3rd party friendly) and say have fun on these server(s) but if your on any other sever you done and come down hard. it make everyone happy
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Temporary raid or permanent like GMM?
    Marton and Yinla like this.
  7. Slasher Augur

The missions should really be permanent. Spending the dev time for a limited event is not ideal never has been.
  8. Kindertime Journeyman

Jenn,
    If we don't don't resolve this issue our game is done with. The mere fact that someone can create a botnet with our customers should be enough motivation, let alone the damage this has done to game play. These people doing this are also claiming past close contact to the the Dev team. That's not good for brand image.

Best regards,
  9. Marton Augur

Would like to know the answer to this as well.
  10. Stageguy Lorekeeper

Thanks a ton for posting this! We have been waiting 20 years to see something like this...

No mention of class balancing - guessing that with the current resources available for game development that it may never happen.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Class balancing is mentioned in the "throughout the year"-section. :)
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Craigas New Member

I think I am most excited about the Original quest achievements. This is something I have wanted a very long time.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I'd be interested to know what you originally said before Accendo edited your post.
  14. Kindertime Journeyman

He didn't change anything. But investigating all this is pretty easy and so far I have screen shots of:

*The alias that runs the cheat site also claims to have been on a player focus group and the player counsel. That DB can and does detect and know which accounts run their software. That DB chooses not to suspend cheaters as long as they don't "raid" or "bother" people. There's an established two tier system for deciding who gets suspended, banned and who doesn't.*

Since this person claims to have been a member of a focus group, DB has his information and how many players have voted in focus groups? It's a very short list.
  15. uberkingkong Augur

Since people are using boxing software, its a big deal, its a want for many but they don't want to chance being banned maybe so they don't use. EQ is full of boxers.

If the game has a lot of boxers.... Maybe the roadmap should include boxer friendly UI.
    Ex. I log into account 1, in account 1 I press a button and it will load up other accounts, I have a hotbar that is for the other accounts, I box all those accounts say up to 6 on that 1 account. Obviously have an advanced follow as well. Also a switch accounts button too, say for the puller then switching to tank if thats account 1.

This game is boxer heavy, so may just want to be different and cater to boxers.

If none of the above is good, because "too much to work on", I'm sure everyone would be happy with a better /follow. software boxing users and alt tabbers and every single boxer, they all use /follow. So mine as well make it better because everyone can agree its pretty bad. 64 bit didn't make it better yet, its bad still. So that would be something everyone would like to see get fixed.
  16. Metanis Bad Company

Anything they do to improve the game at this point will be welcomed. I just wonder why they never actually get real, statistically valid, feedback from paying customers? How can you have a plan if you're guessing at what the silent majority want and need?

I'm sure the Live crowd has different desires than the TLP people. But sure, there has to be overlap in the Venn diagram and perhaps those areas should be the prime focus? (Things like lag reduction!)
  17. Moege Augur

Please explain what business you are running in Everquest that these people create a botnet with. Your claim makes no sense to me.
  18. Kindertime Journeyman

After reading a few raid guild forums it appears its the raiders manipulating the suspension system to gain advantages for opening raids.

Jenn,
    It does appear that you are doing more to stop cheating and at the same time the raiding guilds are taking advantage of your stepped up enforcement to cripple other guilds.
    What a mess. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this.

Best regards,
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If the suspensions are legitimate what is the problem? The race is created by the players and the devs don't really care about it.
  20. Accendo Guest

While we absolutely appreciate feedback and discussion, please try to stay on topic here.