TLP Server Ruleset Suggestion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WinterchillTLP, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Intercept Elder

Just by playing the game you get plat and krono there is no camp for me.

Mischief loot rules are horrible, being able to raid the bazaar for BiS was amusing once, but would never be the ideal for me and many others.

Again, have fun on mischief with the wackiness and free trade just leave it there and do it again in a few years
    Haak and Lawyer like this.
  2. AngryKing Elder

With the Dev effort they put into fixing loot on here (sometimes towards the end of expansions) there's 0 way this ruleset gets shelved for years. Sorry Charlie.
  3. verbatim Elder

Half the fun was how jacked up each expansion launch has been- the messed up out of era loot dropping for a day, the farmable mobs that have crazy loot and get patched. Each unlock has been a fun race / easter egg hunt. I am skeptical they will be able to recapture that magic on future re-runs of the mischief ruleset. (Unless they deliberately mess up the loot dropping mobs in the future)
  4. Arclyte Augur

I'll take talking out of your azz for $1,000, Alex.
  5. Lawyer Augur

Yeah, just the thought of that kills my interest in Mischief or similar rulesets. Being able to buy BIS ... yeah, no thanks.
  6. FranktheBank Augur

You've always been able to buy BIS.
    Catalina and Tweakfour17 like this.
  7. Haak Augur

Couldn't agree more. I initially thought Mischief loot rules would be a fun, fresh spin on an old recipe. And then when I had multiple characters BiS incredibly quickly and easily, I didn't even enjoy playing because outside of farming Krono there really wasn't anything left to do. It was novel and worth it once for the experience, but as a 'comes for every TLP' player I'd never do another with that ruleset.
    Ileasa and Z3R0 like this.
  8. Aussieguy Lorekeeper

Do everything FV has but remove mercs. Problem solved.
  9. code-zero Augur

removing mercs will only encourage more boxing
    Skuz and Ileasa like this.
  10. Abundant Elder

MM def could go. Isn't even remotely classic lol.
  11. Abundant Elder

We just had a free trade loot. There is absolutely no reason to have another free trade server come out after we just had one. The majority of players want a clone of phinny. Phinny was and has always been the most successful and best server. Is what it is,
  12. a_librarian Augur

Free trade isn't the defining feature of mischief, it's the randomization and massive bonus loot. There are people who don't want the radically different version of the game mischief offers, they just want tradeable raid loot. These people don't have a viable server right now. It makes perfect sense to do a standard server with free trade this year, it's probably the safest thing they could do to have another massively successful TLP.
  13. code-zero Augur

The loot rules on Mischief and Thornblade are the only reason that they allow free trade. The past experience with free trade showed them that those servers are a CS nightmare with massive RMT problems
  14. a_librarian Augur

That's such a laughable excuse. The kind of thing a dev put on the spot will say to get out of providing a real answer back when people constantly asked for a FV TLP. The number of tickets in their queue doesn't matter at all because quality of their customer service is not core to their business. It absolutely isn't going to prevent them from using the ruleset if it keeps making them money.

The free trade specific tickets are probably 95% people sharing accounts and having their gear stolen, which the CS rep shrugs closes the ticket. Nothing about mischief changes that either, it just has so much loot that the value of stripping accounts is lower.
  15. Rcbauer Augur

The RMT server really changed you. I preferred you as the mayor of the dungeon on dear old Odus.
  16. Haldi Elder

Exactly, people act as if free trade is all RMT, when you had multiple guilds or boxers on the traditional TLPs selling raid loot rights. FREE TRADE just evens the playing field.
  17. Hirbow Augur

I don't understand your oppression to have another Free trade sever, you already have one; you got what you guys wanted and now want another? You have the option to play a live free trade server or continue the TLP already created with it.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Free Trade where people can lock down the high value drops would likely cause problems which is what the random loot rules are supposed to help stop.
    Skuz, code-zero and Tweakfour17 like this.
  19. Haldi Elder

I agree with you Waring. I'm just tired of people complaining about RMT being higher on one server than the other. RMT type of players will always go to the newest and most populated server, regardless of the rules.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  20. code-zero Augur

RMT follows the market
    Skuz likes this.