LON packs are back!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyssanda, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

YES! they are back! Had to log out and back in to get them to show in the marketplace, but I was then able to get some =)!
    Mrtyu, Thunderkiks, Foliax and 4 others like this.
  2. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Sorry I know of these but never got into them...why are they desireable?
  3. Shaiken Journeyman

Random loot box for in game items from the old rare loot cards. Mounts, familiars, etc, etc. Ones you cannot get in game otherwise.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It used to be a card game that no one understood so it was cancelled. But they kept the packs and put them in the marketplace to purchase. They are also available to purchase with your monthly $5.

But its a roll of the dice as to what you will get. Each pack guarantees you 2 prizes. Most of them are weapon augments or potions. It is very rare to get the good items. But its frequent enough that it becomes addicting to purchase them and open them.

You can sell the items from the packs in the marketplace too.
    Fenthen, Dragnath and Coagagin like this.
  5. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

CatsPaws has a not-so-secret admirer. Me. Ow.
    Dragnath, CatsPaws and yepmetoo like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah, he has issues with me. But at least it keeps his hands busy.

Maybe he needs more fresh vegetables in his diet
    Dragnath, Sindace and Mims like this.
  7. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Indeed. I thought we were here to have fun. Or is that just me?

Having said that. Drencom created an unusually literate rage post. One worthy of a few moments note.
    Dragnath, Coagagin, Sindace and 2 others like this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Dragnath, Coagagin, Nennius and 2 others like this.
  10. Qimble Augur

It was a lot of fun IMO, wish it was still around.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I agree. I enjoyed it as something to do once in awhile.

The problem was it had its own dev team, and it had to be kept compatible with everquest and everquest 2, and it wasn't worth the money for them anymore.
    Coagagin and CatsPaws like this.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I found it suspicious that 'Legends of Norrath' disappeared right around when Bethesda decided to release their own virtual CCG named 'Legends'; that company famously refused to share the name 'Scrolls'.

I suspect that Bethesda/Zenimax offered DBG more for the name rights than LON's expected profits.
  13. Triconix Augur

Ornaments, potions, mounts, etc are all desirable for someone. Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?
  14. Coagagin Guild house cat

Items like the brownie illusion (Nilpus) and the Nagafen familiar, not overly useful but cool in its own right are worth the effort of sorting through the junk your otherwise going to get waiting for that nugget of pure gold.

Sorry, some people will never understand, after reading a number of rants here on the boards I see there are many.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Eh... I think that Sony would not have cared that much. LoN was never that successful, it was overly complicated and the only times it had high player counts were during events which rewarded high end quality items, like the clicky poison item.
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

OR.. someone just made a mistake. Devs are human too.
    minimind and Mrtyu like this.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

mistake? I don't think the LoN shutdown was an accident.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Because everything negative MUST be malicious or nefarious? Wow that's a rough outlook on life. :(
    minimind, Mrtyu and Thunderkiks like this.
  19. Leerah Augur

Oh. It's still Oathbound. Wake me when Oathbreakers are back.
    Knifen likes this.
  20. Mrtyu Developer

It was purely an accident. I had updated LoN pack date ranges for the membership pop-up, but failed to update date ranges for packs within the marketplace. This has been corrected.