TLP Server Ruleset Suggestion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WinterchillTLP, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Rcbauer Augur

Mischief is a hard pass. Want to play on a 'pay to win' server? Go to mischief.
  2. code-zero Augur

can you back that up? I'll wait
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Do you mean on Tuesday with the client being updated to 64 bit?
  4. Myrrdyn New Member

First, to be clear, i am not against multibox, i am against multibox on truebox server, it's not the same.

i play since start on Aradune and here my finding :
    - Multiboxing has been on Aradune since start
    - Cheating with tools is used since start
    - There are Kronos farmers since start
    I see many of theses cheaters all days and nothing is done to stop them really and definitively.

Rules were simple at start :
    https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-tlp-aradune-rizlona-2020

Here is the text :
    By playing on Aradune you agree to:
    Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is a ban including Aradune associated accounts.
    Boxing any more than 2 characters will result in the following actions taken against your account. First Offence: A written warning from the GM. Second Offence: A 7 day suspension of account privileges on all Aradune related accounts. Third Offence: Permanent ban on all Aradune associated accounts.

The question that we need to answer is this one : why people multibox on truebox server ?
    The answer is simple : kronos
    Multiboxing is a way to farm kronos to pay the supplemental accounts to multiboxers.

I think that a real truebox server with a real anticheat sotfware will resolve this problem. But this need to be a real will from DB and i am not really sure they want it.

And to finish about Aradune server:
    Just a thing that really make me sad is that Aradune server was set in memory of Brad Mc Quaid, so respecting rules is for me respecting his memory. and this is not the case.
    Why adding a Brad memorial on Karana on all servers if rules are not respected on his dedicated server ?
    This is something that i cannot understand.
    I have a big respect for Brad cause without him noone of us will be there to write on this forum .. this is a sure thing.
    Brad created EQ.
    This need to be know for those who dont, Brad is in all part of the old world that we all run with our toons .. and this need to be respected.

I love EQ, i love this community, and there are many server to do what we want (boxing, multiboxing, using parts game etc ) but first we all need to respects rules. I think that many are.
    And DB need to do his work even if this has a cost.

/hug
    Ileasa and Rhythar like this.
  5. Intercept Elder

It sounds like Mischief is a great success, so I have no doubt that the player base will remain strong there after the next TLP comes out, no need for free-trade or random loot, it was a nice one off but leave it as something you do once every few years
  6. Rhythar Augur

Not all players knew about Brad, but the company sure did. They used Brad's name for a new server and then let people cheat on that server for nearly 2 years. They lied to players on a daily basis. "We take cheating seriously". "We assure you that this issue will be addressed". "Solved" "Solved" "Solved" "Solved" Solved". Maybe I've just lived a sheltered life, but I've never met people that made me completely lose hope in humanity like this before.

I'm seeing fewer cheaters on Aradune in the past few days, but I don't know if this is a result of anti-cheat measures from the developers or the GMs finally showing Brad and the players some respect. We still haven't had a public statement from the company about all the cheating, and they still shut down most threads that try to discuss it.
  7. a_librarian Augur

What was your personal krono farm that got ruined by the mischief/free trade model anyway? You make this exact same post a lot

I think they should just do a free trade server every year now because they'll never be able to sell a standard server like they did before, so they might as well run with it
  8. Arclyte Augur

I would be ok with either way, but another random loot/free trade server would cut the legs out from Mischief. That would be like releasing another PoP-locked server 1 year after Agnarr launched.

I don't expect the next TLP to have it.
  9. Machen New Member

I'm not sure you understand what truebox does and does not ential.
  10. Machen New Member

They have cut the legs out from every TLP that's been launched in the last 10 years. Mischief will be no different.
  11. WinterchillTLP New Member

Would you like to elaborate on what you mean by that comment? Because, it really didn't provide anything to the conversation - And for the record, im well aware of what Truebox means, but are you aware what the word "suggestion" means?
  12. Machen New Member

You said, "We've established that, the people who automate their gameplay are cheaters."

That's not actually true when you take away truebox. Although they will never come out and say so directly on these forums, as long as you are at your keyboard, some automation is accepted by DPG. Their community reps have acknowledged this in discord. At this point it is only truebox rules that formally limit automation.
  13. WinterchillTLP New Member

Unless you can show me where they changed their stance on cheating/automation, since its still in the terms of service as against the rules, im going to assume its not correct. Considering these things are clearly stated in the ToS, then yes, ANY automation IS cheating.
  14. itiswhatitis Lorekeeper

If it wasn't true box i would.
    Ileasa likes this.
  15. Machen New Member

You can continue to believe that, but you are going to be sadly disappointed when they don't enforce things the way you want.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Saying one thing & enforcing something significantly different is pretty much par for the course for the past 20 years. Actions>words however there have been actual words in the past from devs/producers to back that up, which of course is subject to change like everything.

"unattended gameplay", will definitely get you a holiday or even a ban if it is discovered, aside from the truly obvious bannable activities like active hacks.
  17. Rcbauer Augur

Siren's Grotto says hello
  18. WinterchillTLP New Member

I am under no delusions that they will actively enforce their own rules - I merely stated the fact, that according to the rules, such things are not allowed. You said they were, under the guise of the "Truebox thing" and i asked you to provide a valid reference to back up that claim. Nothing more

The boxing part of my full suggestion, actually exists because i know they won't enforce their rules. When cheaters are allowed to cheat, it puts legit players at even more of a disadvantage, if they won't allow us to box 2-3 characters on the same computer. Since i refuse to cheat in games and i don't see any reason to fire up another computer or two, to waste electricity, why should i be "stuck" playing a single toon, when I'd much prefer to play 2-3, so i can form groups more easily and cut WAY down on the excellent "experience" it is to sit LFG for hours.
  19. Hibiki Journeyman

This guy again?
  20. Machen New Member

Ok, don't say I didn't warn you.

Whether you like it or not, the practical result of them removing truebox to allow more than one character per computer is also them opening the door to automation / m q usage.

There are ways around the restrictions, but there is a reason they restrict it on truebox and (and that they don't on non-truebox.)