Suggestion: Add Krono as a Bazaar selling price option

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Newb Tank, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Derka Power Ranger

Freedom of choice. When you put gas in a vehicle do you use 87, 89 or 91 Octane? Some people also fill up on electricity so we can include that choice too.

Or how about when you put on a pair of pants are you a left leg first or right leg first kinda person. Heck, you might even lay the pair on ground, step both feet in and yank that waist band up doing both legs at the same time!
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Still seems to me this is about how you like to use krono and not how others might not,
  3. Derka Power Ranger

If you truly want to continue going after the football like two monkeys then ok, I will ride it out til the thread is locked.

If I am grocery shopping and end up walking near the frozen foods sections sometimes I will buy a pizza. Now supreme pizzas are very good because they have everything on them. However, I HATE olives. What do they put on supreme pizzas you ask? I know you said olives because you're pretty smart :). So even though the pizza has olives on it (which I hate) I'll still buy the pizza but I will remove the olives before eating it. Now just because I don't like olives on my supreme pizza, doesn't mean I need to ruin it for everyone else who does.

And sometimes I'll put an onion on my belt because that was the style at the time.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. dwish Augur

I agree 100% with this. I understand the idea behind krono and I'm sure for some who can't accord 15 bucks a month (that's a whole other issue) then krono allows you to play the game still. However, on FV especially, it really opened up the floodgates for pay 2 win, as before krono there was always a roadblock using RL money via shady websites and such.
    Jumbur likes this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

What? And where? Almost forgot. Was this a product of the 1970's?
  6. Paladin Augur

Nobles are technically the next level up of EQ Coin (copper -> silver -> gold -> platinum -> noble).

Personally I'd rather they remove Nobles from alternative currency and simply added it as a 5th standard coin clot.

That, alone, would allow what I think you want to do (sell / buy Krono in Bazaar, but price it on a Noble level so you can exceed the 2M Bazaar limit).

This would also allow them to remove Noble's as a Vendor item that you have to buy at a price that exceeds it's intended value (this was problematic when Nobles were added, and never got fixed... as a Noble is intended to represent 100K Plat, but you have to buy it at a price above that).

Basically, just as you can now trade up / down Copper, Silver, Gold & Platinum in your Bank Window, you could also be able to do the same with Nobles.

As for Krono itself, it is not currency anymore than any other item in EQ. They are goods... commodities... and they can be used in Player trades / barters without the exchange of actual coin. To consider Krono as coin would mean that every item in EQ is, in effect, currency aka Coin.

Perhaps Nobles could even re-named to better fall in with the precious metals theme.

The sequence in EQ is Copper -> Silver -> Gold -> Platinum. The next step up, currently, would be another high-value real life precious / rare metal. that exceeds Platinum & Gold in value... such as Rhenium, Palladium, Iridium or Rhodium (all of which exist in EQ, in some form).
  7. code-zero Augur

I suspect that from where DBG is sitting Krono are functioning exactly as intended. They provide a mechanism to bust RMT as a bonus. If you were to remove Krono you could kiss any future TLP's and the f2p option goodbye. Krono is too useful and successful to be tampered with
    Schadenfreude and Shriek like this.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Unless they remove the "tax" associated with Nobel's its a waste of their time. Then again the player base told them that when they first put them in game.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That alone will do nothing for the issues in the bazaar as all prices are stored in copper in the back end. Adding more currencies beyond plat and you would be able to sell for the same amount as you do now but in a different currency.
  10. Paladin Augur

In the Bank window, the conversion would be straight up (1K Plat = 1 Noble, 1 Noble = 100K Plat).
  11. Paladin Augur

This I did not know. However, I do know that the most of any coin type you can have is 1 Billion, yet we are limited to 2 Million Plat on transactions / prices.

If this is the case, maybe, with 64 Bit happening in a couple of days, this is something they can modify.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That limit has nothing to do with the migration to 64 bit as they have been using 64 bit variables already for things such as NPC health. It will have to be work at a later date to change the limit in the bazaar.
  13. Shriek New Member

I don't think this is true, the 2M(like 2.14M) limit comes out exactly to what the max would be, if it were only 32bit and stored in copper, like you said(/1000). Kinda weird they would even put a limit on it, unless they technically had to and looks like that is what happened.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The limit is 2 billion not 2 million and the devs have stated in the past that the bazzar stores the prices in the backend in copper which is why the limit is 2 million.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think thats what he is saying. 2m plat is 2b copper right? Largest 32 bit number is a hair over 2b.
    Shriek likes this.
  16. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Should just rebuild the Bazaar into a Listing Service. They already have the capabilities of sending items through parcel. Would just have to do the other half and create a central deposit.
  17. Tappin Augur

I have no evidence of this, but I believe the fix for this is already being worked on. That’s why I said I would be shocked if we don’t see it sometime in the next year.
  18. Keuamie New Member

Mischief server is that way ====>