Roadmap 2022: July: New Overseer Achievements and Reward Improvements

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stephen51, Feb 5, 2022.

1. Stephen51 Augur

July:
    New Scorched Skies Event
    New Overseer Achievements and Reward Improvements

I imagine that new rewards have already been decided upon, but what would you like to see as rewards as rewards from overseer quests and on the overseer merchant? For the latter, what price do you think would be fair to pay?
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I wouldn't mind seeing a currency converter so I can do SOMETHING with my old expansion currency. Maybe make them tradeable? Maybe make it so I can convert them to loyalty tokens? Or DBC?

Please make Overseer currency tradeable again.
    Stephen51 likes this.
  3. Hekaton Augur

out of roatation heritage crates if you want people spending their trachs
    Deux and minimind like this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

People paid actual money for those crates. Any previously released marketplace crates should not be a Overseer reward or Overseer currency item. It's a dangerous precedent.

Could future, unreleased crates (Erudite, High Elf) go on as Overseer reward? Sure. But I suspect the update will be mostly include new weapon ornaments suggested in Dhurgan's threads (e.g. rest of the Sky weapons).
    Waring_McMarrin, Ssdar and Elyssanda like this.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Would love to get the sky barrage ornamentation for my ranger blue is my favorite color got the nightmare blue sword ornament. hopefully they fix it so you can get aa's for your character besides getting aa's through collection quest.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

I'd like to see an autofire button. One button, and it clicks all the stuff for me with a choice of rewards.
    I want collection dispensers. One button, let me grab all quests that provide that reward.
  7. Burdi Augur

IMHO,Overseer is a waste of resource.
    I would prefer they focus on group content, like progression, lore, quest and missions.
    Rather this overseer nonsense.
    Again I don't understand why last expansion are so empty, I feel they need to get back to the core creativity of the business.
    You can't sell nostalgia based expansion with nothing else, for much more time.
    Eldur and Moege like this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Reward improvements
    1. AA
    2. Older expansion tradeskill mats

Vendor rewards
    Anything that isn't ornaments or potions.

More ornaments should only be added once we have an ornament keyring.
  9. Windance Augur

Allow us to 'cash in' on all the extra elite rare agents.

I've suggested it several times ...

Retire an elite = 45 AA
    Retire a rare = 15 AA
    Retire an uncommon = 5 AA

Add a counter so you can only retire say 3x elites a day so folks can't just empty their overseer and get all the AA's done for an expansion. ( which they can do already by banking collectables )

Would allow us to trim the agents down, reducing lag when doing overseer, and give us another way to by glyph's when we have those long raid nights learning new events.
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. uberkingkong Augur

They have unity AAs to cast all/most your self buff spells in 1.
    For clicking items, you can make a macro, so can be 5 clicks in 1 button.

I think overseer is designed to help people catchup.
    To group with majority of players on a server it's not about how many AA's you have, its moreso, are you such and such level?

Overseer also helps with gearing up, by giving tradeskills mats, and usually there are people that make free tradeskill gear if you provide mats.

AA is usually just there for something to work on while you play the game. But collections help with getting AAs. Overseer is already doing a lot.

I agree with you, I wouldn't say overseer is a waste, but its a good place right now.
    I think me personally I would prefer if they brought back OMM type missions rather than overseer. 6 hour lockout. The game needs more people getting together type of events. Events don't have to be tough either, but be nice to get people together again. OMM was great at that.
    Would be nice to have a autogenerate group OMM too.

What would be cool for me is an expansion focused on Shrouds.
    More of the events that are suppose to be fun may be fun while in shroud, like the Airship battles or if they want to make Ship battles, maybe a king of the hill event, defend the tower, etc. Minigames.
    Tough to balance all the classes we have, but if you make it so everyone is in a shroud and everyone uses the same abilities, its easier to do fun minigames like this.
  11. Windance Augur

I assume you mean the monster template missions where it doesn't matter what level or gear you have?

A lot of people really hated those.

I remember a few of them were half way decent XP for a couple months then they nerfed them to the point of not being useful.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yes, agreed.

No. 100% no. Please, Brell, no. I log in to play MY character. Not to put on a shroud or enter an OMM to play some other character, masquerading as my character. Want to experience OMM missions? Make a character and level it to 52 and lock it there. Ugh. OMM and Shrouds is your path to enjoying EQ? No thank you - 10,000x over.
    Winnowyl, Shanarias, Moege and 2 others like this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don’t see them ever moving some highly desired item from the Daybreak store to an in game vendor as that would lower the demand to purchase them for Daybreak cash.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not specifically no, it's intended to be "supplemental" to all playstyles, it isn't supposed to replace anything and as a catch-up mechanic it is absolutely terrible, you still need the core-game's "progression system" to do meaningful catch up in a reasonable time-frame.

Best-case use of Overseer is for replacing some lost xp during your raiding day.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

OMG i hate monster missions no thanks! I like playing my own character. I agree with your 10,000x10,000 lol
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  16. Burdi Augur

I would rather trade those overseer improvements intended to benefit the raiders for some more actual group content.
    Like quests , mission , and progression.
    Are EQ developers raiders BTW. If so please do forget raiders play style is one among others.
    I am really looking forward a content designed for groupers.
  17. daBlubb Elder

Please no AAs with overseer. We already get free level xp plus the collects from older expansion. Give us free AAs and loot, then overseer will be the main game instead of everquest.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You don’t need to spend much time at all doing everything in overseer there will still be many reasons to play the rest of the game. And if you are not playing the rest of the game then what is the point out doing overseer?
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

People are going from Level 116 to 120 in about 2-3 months on Overseer alone. (I've done it myself on alts). That's a catch up mechanic if I ever heard of one.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And they can do it much faster by completing the quests and missions in ToL. Sure they can level with that alone but it is far from the best way to do it.