server merge in june

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Theka, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Neale Povar Lorekeeper

i want to hear more about irrelevant raiding guilds
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  2. sieger Augur

I haven't kept up with it but the last post I saw on the Phinigel free transfers off was here from Dreamweaver back when he was still around:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...021-and-22nd-anniversary.273931/#post-4009696

I also remember DW addressing it in the official Discord around that same time.

I only bring it up because...DW ain't around anymore, and I don't know for sure if it's fully understood Phinigel is supposed to have free transfers opened up at some point near the merge date. The justification they gave for opening Selo free transfers the same time they set us to a live server is because our merge date was so close (only 4 months away), but we're not that far away from the planned merge date for Phinny, so if people on Phinny want to make sure they get the free server transfers they may want to remind some powers that be over at DPG that this is supposed to happen.

Maybe they've already turned them on and all is well, but if they haven't...yeah.
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're trying to explain so my apologies in advance if my response is missing the mark. I don't think the Dark Paw staff is going to forget their server merger/transfer policies because Dreamweaver left if that's what you're worried about? Usually the Community Relations Manager is really the messenger, not the person who makes the decision.

I think Phinigel will be fine because they don't have any special rules that would conflict with Live (was pretty much just a vanilla TLP). For example Brekt pretty much had to transfer to FV because of the whole "No Trade" thing. Not sure what till happen to Miragul players to be honest though... Does anyone remember how they handled Mayong's merger years ago, did they get a transfer?
  4. sieger Augur

I'm not sure if you're new to the game, but unfortunately there have been a number of times where we have had to use our CM liaison to make sure something gets done that you might assume is part of some standard "process" that has set steps that are always followed.
  5. Raccoo Augur

From a google search
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  6. KermittheFroglok Augur

Thanks for answering my question! Ultimately I guess only time will tell.
  7. Qimble Augur

Wasn't trying to make a value judgement or insult y'all when I said you didn't want to compete with Povars other guilds. As you said Povar is pretty low pop and already has 4 raiding guilds. That makes for stiff competition for recruitment, which is the competition I was trying to refer to. Obviously position on server also factors in w/r/t pulling recruits, but that is only one factor.

And for the people hung up on "relevant" I assume faceless wants to compete for game wide firsts, and FS/EiE/FE hadn't made that a priority in several expansions IIRC.
    Wdor and KermittheFroglok like this.
  8. sieger Augur

You could also say we didn't want to go to Xegony or Cazic or Bristlebane or any other server to compete with the guilds there--we were using Free Server Transfers that allowed us to go to any live server, the guilds on Povar were not any special factor, every server we evaluated had pros/cons. The flaw in thinking is that somehow, we were "bound for Povar", that would be true if they hadn't given us free server transfers, it would be silly to not consider using those to pick a server that best suited your guild vs take a merge to one that Darkpaw basically just picked to try and load balance the population. Our server and our guild had no affiliation with Povar any more or less than any other server.
  9. Theka Elder

I think my point is vox is a dead server as far as i know. mangler has active guilds but we are the only server to go tlp to live beating everything in era. I just think our server should keep its name from what we have accomplished. grand slam in era meratas in era both on short time scales.

:)
  10. Bigstomp Augur

I started on Quellious. It was the one server that gave a free to play trial at the time for 1 month or something like that.
    I have no idea on population levels from back then but I assume that meant Quellious was low and they were trying to pump it up.

And I believe when we got merged with Povar, that Povar was the bigger server.
    Wdor and KermittheFroglok like this.
  11. KermittheFroglok Augur

Again, you're wrong Vox is not a "dead" server it has higher pop than Phinny. Please stop spreading misinformation on server sizes even after being shown what you're saying isn't true. Vox is generally medium pop., Phinny is almost always low pop and the ghost town.

Yesterday, a weekday, Vox returned medium pop 72% of pings from EQResource.
    https://eqresource.com/serverhistory.php?server=Vox&range=1d

All 965 pings from EQ resource returned low pop in the past week for Phinny. Not once did it leave low pop.
    https://eqresource.com/serverhistory.php?server=Phinigel&range=1w

Now it almost reads like you're trying to get bigger servers (like Vox) forced into yours so you have people to play with. As others have even alluded to, it's more likely most players would chose a free transfer to other servers anyway so trying to force people onto your server likely won't work.

DBG isn't going to preserve your server in a merge scenario because a handful of players awhile ago completed raids. Completing raids isn't something special, its called endgame. Just accept your server is among the lowest pop servers in the game and will likely get merged one day.
    Shindius, Wdor and Yinla like this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

False.
    Yinla and KermittheFroglok like this.
  13. WhatEven New Member

Isn't Phinny the server that took like 8 months to beat CoV? Which would mean it didn't beat CoV "in era" as a TLP server, it beat it as a live server after the TLP timer to beat each expansion "in era" ended.
  14. Owl56 Elder

Unless they were the same age... then it was merged... but no one ever says: Cazic Thul / Fennin Ro. So, it was alpha for those.
  15. CrazyLarth Augur

and Povar got no new players far as I know Solo was a dead server.
    Wdor likes this.
  16. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I am on Povar, and can agree with every point you have made on this issue except one. I am not in the guild you are talking about, but our guild has beaten Zelniak, and Doomshade raids. Getting close on the Netherbian Commander. I don't think that's irrelevant.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  17. Cronar Elder

With the advent of pickzones and zone copies and such, i find it baffling why they don't just merge all pve servers into one mega server and be done with it.

They could still continue to dole out the tle servers for temp money, and eventually they all drain into the mega server.

Come on devs, go rip ESO tech and get it done.
  18. KermittheFroglok Augur

Have you read the threads about the high population servers' lag and how servers are hitting the cap. on the number of active traders allowed in the Bazaar?
    code-zero likes this.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I believe the trader cap was happening only on one server Mischief - a TLP.

Server merging will not get more players to group with if that is what everyone is hoping for. Its only to consolidate and free up the game resources.
  20. Sissruukk Rogue One

Vox is far from dead. We just don't have a 24/7 toxic genchat.
    Shanarias likes this.