Pick Zone Changes on TLPS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ViciousEQ, Jan 19, 2022.

1. PudiTangk Apprentice

Honestly, this has been one of the most frustrating changes I have experienced. I understand wanting to balance zones, but I don't think it was that big of an issue compared to all the issues that it's caused. These type of changes are supposed to be positive QoL changes and it has only made playing and raiding more frustrating. If you have a debuff or dot on you and no way of curing/removing it, you can't pickzone to get in the correct pick at all. Or if you killed a named and have a pick timer, you literally have to sit there and wait to pickzone in a different zone for no reason. Change it back.
  2. BloodF15E Assassin

Agreed with PudiTangk or however you say his name. This has been a huge decrease in QOL with mechanics that didn't meet the intent, though good intentions. This needs to be fixed ASAP. Biggest issue is the debuff/dot inabilities to pick. An entire group showing up into three different picks that are maxing at 11-13 players in main pick?

Thanks
  3. SnapPunk New Member

I like this.
  4. Bruzum Grobbfist Journeyman

yeah this needs to be fixed. mistakes happen. whether it was intended to work like this, or something was broken somewhere, this is a mistake. furthermore, i don't think its unreasonable for a customer base, paying one of the highest subscription costs out there, to expect some more rigorous testing after changes are made going forward. i look forward to them doing the right thing soon.
    ForeverBurning likes this.
  5. Gheed Is not reading your response

Yeah it was really hard before.. /s

revert this trash thanks
  6. Mcrush New Member

I am very sure someone already brought this up but this is my experience how bad the new pick system:

1. When I crashed out which is happen a lot with this game, I end up on the different pick from my original zone. It's bad in RSS or any nasty zone because most likely I die and have to do recovery run or corpse recovery.

2. When you finish with MPG raid run, your raid might end up in multiple picks. Now your raid has to wait for everyone get into same pick again. What a waste of time.

3. When you drop aungish DZ you might end up in different pick.

4. When you teleport your raid to druid/wiz port in, your raid end up in multiple different picks.

I can go and on.....
  7. Mcrush New Member

Oh yeah I forgot one more thing, you cant log out in the middle of the zone because when you log back in, you will end up in different pick and most likely you will die. Have fun doing corpse recovery.
  8. theonepercent Augur

It's much worse than that...people in the picks will get sent to the succor point when picking to the main pick. So now your options are be in a bunch of different picks in the same spot or be in 2 different spots in 1 pick.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

They learned long ago the lesson that people zoning in should zone in to where their group is, so I can only imagine that not doing that is a bug. Yes they changed how the zone loads people, but I dont think it was intended to change how it loads people in groups.
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  10. Accendo Guest

The changes that were made were made in response to a player outcry and demand for help with the lag issue in Plane of Tranquility and some other high populations zones that are able to have pick zones. This is an intentional change, and thus, not a bug.

When a zone is “unlimited players”, like all of the Planes of Power, it will shunt players into instances if the base zone is hitting its “spawn a pick” limit, but still allow you to force your way into the base zone. People with debuffs are getting stuck because people with debuffs are not yet out of combat. Pick zones check for the out-of-combat timer. This will not change. We will not allow players in combat to choose to zone to a pick zone. No free escapes for people.

We are considering changes that should improve the experience, but have not settled on a particular direction yet.
    Treage_Imminent and menown like this.
  11. BloodF15E Assassin

LOL. Not good enough. Thanks for the "mechanics" lesson. Across the board TLP-Killer oversight.
  12. Shiki New Member

Let's play semantics with a gameplay inhibiting "feature"
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. ViciousEQ Elder

It would be prudent to revert the changes until which time you intend to make this less punishing for TLP players. As of now all I am seeing in this response is acknowledgement that it solves one problem but creates another which generates “outcry”.

This was a poorly thought out change, and yet again shows that your team has a clear blind spot when it comes to TLP servers. If your answer is that this was intended knowing TLP players would have major problems as a result then our feelings that we rank at the bottom of the priority list are well founded.

God knows we have people literally warping around daily to raid mobs we have to combat ourselves, now what’s one more change by daybreak which slows down mobilization to raid bosses…
    Vulken9, Fenthen, Blerb and 4 others like this.
  14. theonepercent Augur

So there was lag in non combat afk hub zones (of which 3? exist in the entire game) and your solution was to cripple every other zone in the game. This needs to be reverted until you can come up with a better solution.

Also no one is asking for being able to pick while in combat. But having a 3 hour debuff from a raid boss or rabies from a level 3 zombie isn't combat. You'll still have those debuffs after you pick zone there's no good reason they should block it.
    Siah, GamerGramps, Fenthen and 3 others like this.
  15. Ryochan New Member

I can understand having this on for PoK and PoT but for the actual zones like Fire/water/etc it just makes zero sense. This "feature" doesn't help lag in Plane of Fire when you zone in and your group or raid is in a totally different pick and having to check each and every time that you zone that you're in the correct one is... annoying at best and for some events it completely breaks them like in Torment. We aren't asking for a free escape we're asking that when we zone into a combat zone we are with our raid/group not in 3 different picks because "reasons"

Blerb and kinian like this.
  16. Xygorx New Member

The random pickzones are a catastrophe for raiders on TLPs. There is no way this could not easily fixed by just writing a rule that says "IF member is part of a raid, place them into main pick." You can even keep the remainder of the load balancing logic in place. This would solve everything.
  17. Xygorx New Member

The random pickzones are a catastrophe for raiders on TLPs. There is no way this could not easily fixed by just writing a rule that says "IF member is part of a raid, place them into main pick." You can even keep the remainder of the load balancing logic in place. This would solve everything.
  18. Slime_01 New Member

Please revert the load balance changes until a better solution for all servers is found
    Slaymore and Fenthen like this.
  19. Jobe New Member

"IF member is part of a raid, place them into main pick." We need this.

-Janashi
    Fenthen, Avalost1 and Melchior like this.
  20. kinian New Member

I’m with Vicious on this one. The change is a huge issue on TLP’s. Please make the changes your community calls for.
    Fenthen and ForeverBurning like this.