Thank You

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hykaro, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Hykaro Journeyman

In an industry that seems to hold their cards close to their chest, thank you for the Roadmap 2022. At this point, we know the basic stuff, expac at the end of the year and a high chance of a new tlp, are 2 big ones. But, it's nice to actually see (tentatively) when these items are planned.

Already have plans, with some friends, who are first time players, to come tryout the next TLP =)

Looking forward to it!
    Shindius, Petalonyx, Laurana and 9 others like this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

It's literally the same "roadmap" as it has been for the past several years, outside of the 64-bit announcement and a few other odd items.

I'd be honestly surprised to see some actual class tuning and balancing that has been stated for some time.
    Coagagin and Herf like this.
  3. Hekaton Augur

That’s legalese for soul crushing nerfs
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It is nice to get confirmed that they do care about the cheating-issues, and are planning improvements for it.

The upcoming UI-upgrade was also a nice surprise. :)

There also seems to be more mid-season-content than usual, that is a good sign.
    Shindius, Petalonyx and Fanra like this.
  5. Herf Augur

"care about cheating.." Like that time when they created the TLP server they swore would have GMs enforcing the rules.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

My guess is that they are hinting at the EG7 launcher, that has some anti cheat measures.

Time will tell how that works out.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

There's no promises, as we should all be aware of by now. At best this is a series of "pinksies swearsies" followed by some "oopsies" later on in the year.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. Kazint Augur

You guys don't have to ruin every thread. The fact that they have a working 64bit version on Test shows they're at least trying to improve things.
    Shindius, Wdor, Elyssanda and 8 others like this.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's like a competition, to see how much they can crap on the game. Gotta wonder why some play anymore, if they hate it so much.
    Shindius, Wdor, Kazint and 3 others like this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

OP writes a thank you thread. The same provocateurs tries to put a negative spin at every turn. This game is 22+ years old - show some patience or walk away. I also believe there may be people on these forums who work for competing studios and will try to sabotage the game.

Provocateurs should be aware that the studio will review their in-game and forum history should they decide to apply for the Community Council (at any point). (This probably includes a IP address review - i.e. you are not going to be able to hide with new accounts). -From the Community Resource Council FAQ. If you really care for the game, I wouldn't risk the opportunity to provide constructive feedback by constantly provoking or trolling now. There's a clear distinction between fair criticism and over-the-top negativity.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

I'm glad they posted the plans. Much of it is about what we'd expect but it's nice to see the actual plan in theory.
    I particularly like the line item about Anti-Cheat.
    Nennius likes this.
  12. Treage_Imminent Elder

So, figuratively. :)
  13. Herf Augur

I'm curious: What exactly do you think 64 bit will give us?
  14. Herf Augur

Decisions will be made based on budget (limited) and the desires of high lvl players. It will not include any concerns by lower level or 20+ year members.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Don't most 20+ year members have max level or near max level characters?

I'm not sure if you just recently returned to the Veteran's Lounge but there is the perception that too much time is spent on low-level content: TLP servers.
    Nennius likes this.
  16. Celephane Augur

More bits!
    Flatchy likes this.
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

More stability as the server code won't be limited to 4GB and need to use disk swaps anymore when needing more then that.
    Herf likes this.
  19. MrMan New Member

I'm hoping at least get rid of the 2Mpp bazaar limit. That alone would be worth it lol. Hoping they can do some cool things with mercs or let you set your alt as a merc!! Improved AI would be nice too.
  20. Kazint Augur

They've already explained that they want to implement additional caching on the server side. The only other thing that I've seen in the short term is having more spell/item IDs to work with. So, they don't have to continue consolidating everything just to be able to add basic upgrades. Oh and NPCs can now have more HP on raids and they can avoid a lot of annoying workarounds.