Wilcher Rifunuse items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Jan 22, 2022.

1. uberkingkong Augur

How does a lvl 90 get the items unlocked so they can use?
    My understanding is https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=50308
    Faction with Enemies of Tranquility starts at -1000. Each trash kill in PoHate and PoFear is a -1 to the faction, named are -2, raid targets are -10.
    -1000: Nothing (starting faction)
    -1100: Nothing
    -1111: Everything currently listed (August, Elegant, Extravagant, Glorious, Regal, Resplendent, Stalwart)
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=1062
    104-110 zone

So how does a lvl 90 benefit from the gear if they have to wait till 104 to kill minimum of 111 mobs in that zone just to use gear? By then conflagrant gear at 106 turns it obsolete.

Question:
    What is the way to unlock the items from this vendor. Specifically at level 90.
  2. Szilent Augur

the instance is a HA, the enemies' levels scale to the highest level player in the zone
  3. Iuwene Augur

I have that faction at -2000 despite the fact that I never set a foot in the TBM version of Hate. I did parts of the TBM progression so my faction must come from the tasks and missions there and as already pointed out the HA there scale down to your level.
  4. Dragnath Elder

At this point in the game Hate and Fear revisited are not worth it. Any group that can manage to survive the break in to either zone is going to need better gear that what you can earn in those zones.

Are you aware of the group gear from TBM that doesn't require Hate/Fear? I believe the vendor is https://tbm.eqresource.com/potranqgroupvendor.php
    And the augs are purchased in Health. You need the quest in to the Temple B to unlock purchase but it can be done at level 75.

That gear will take you from 75 to 106 where you can equip Conflag.
  5. Iuwene Augur

Tried out just out of curiosity.
    Wilcher Rifunuse will not sell anything to me despite having -2000 for Enemies of Tranquility. So there must be another prerequisite for him to deal with you.
    Would be nice to know because I have still some empty type 5 slots on a few chars.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Back when I looked into this I seem to remember more than just faction needed - perhaps it was raids in Hate and Fear revisited? I was not able to find any posts where someone was able to purchase off this vendor with just the faction requirement. I tried going into Hate and Fear but if that was an example of scaling to level it was broken. The mobs were way harder than our levels.

Since I had done a ton of Tainted West Karana HA I bought augs off those vendors for a while. They are next to Marla

If you wanted to you could do VOA armor (level 85 and up) which is "Rustic" but I just went straight into Shard's Landing and got Boreal - which is looted as Fear Touched

Both of those have components that can be bazaar purchased

And finally check out the Overseer Vendor as he has many of the augs but they might be a higher level req
  7. uberkingkong Augur

I have that, but I need the augs to put in it to scale it to the appropriate level. Since the armors are 70to75 and close to 300 HME, for 90s armor the HME should be 1400, so x4 more HME per stat, and I believe the AC comes from it too. I wont be able to scale the gear up if I still don't have access that vendor even as I level up.

So it does scale, but its very difficult.Maybe I should be in PoF instead of PoH because PoH the mobs they sense you from across the map and sometimes bring like several adds. It's doable with high level buffs, so dilemma I believe PoF they cancel your buffs but in PoH mob will sense you from across the map or something and bring several buddies maybe even a raid mob.

How did people not at end game get access to this vendor back then?
  8. Iuwene Augur

As I figured out the Armor Augment vendor in Plane of Health near the zonein sells very similar augments to the one you can get from Wilcher. So there is no need to go to Hate or Fear at all.
    You have just to de HA in TBM to get the currency.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I believe Into the Temple (b) is the one which, once completed, unlocks the aug vendor
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wilcher is the one no one can seem to unlock without doing raids

I just helped someone thru to buy augs from the other vendors and they had to have Into the Temple A and B and then they could buy
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sorry, should have been more specific. Correct, Into the temple quests unlock the non-raid vendor. Wilcher is unlocked from doing the raids. They are completely independent, so you can just do the HA/quest route, and then ignore the Wilcher/raids route.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  12. uberkingkong Augur

I understand, I have done the HA and I have the armor. From this vendor
    Lyndalin Delwadamain [ Group Armor ]
    However the armor is not lvl 90 because it doesn't have the lvl 90 aug, so the stats are very weak.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=123690 here is example of the armor.

This is the aug I want to put in, so I get the lvl 90 stats.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=123888
    +1300 HME, thats huge, thats X4 the stats of the lvl 75 item. For all slots, thats a major upgrade.
    It can only be obtained through Wilcher Rifunuse to my knowledge
  13. Iuwene Augur

uberkingkong and Szilent like this.
  14. uberkingkong Augur