Type 3 augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Seamus, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Cicelee Augur

Are there that many plat poor players in the game that cannot afford eight or so type 3 augs once every two years?

So we loot plat from corpses. Where does it go? Just hangs out in your bank? What are players spending with plat? I am not talking about buying kronos or major purchases. Type 3 augs can basically be bought by killing mobs and taking that plat for it.

I don't really see the issue like most players have with the cost. They took the cost out of corpse summoning. Type 3 augs are essentially a one time purchase that lasts two years. Your loyalty currency buys the perfect augment remover thing if you get a new piece of gear. I don't think the cost is that extravagant, it is not like you have to buy a $18 krono and sell it for the plat.

No one requires you to use the type 3. You do it because it is an easy way to min/max your toon. Mobs drop plat, you sell a couple extra collects, you spend a couple hours on an off day in some level 85 zone just blitzing through mobs for plat/gems/etc. It feels easy to obtain the plat for a small improvement to your toon. I just never understood why players are angry because of cost.
    Coagagin likes this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

1 - It's about twice a year for each aug.
    2 - It's not the plat cost, it's the wild inconvenience of doing it on a(n almost) weekly basis when you get new gear upgrades after raids.

I'm much more grumpy about having to trade out my TBL boots due to them capping at level 115, than I am about having no ToL type 3s -- just so everyone is clear!
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  3. Qimble Augur

I've always looked at them as a missed opportunity. Clearly it would take more dev time then they have to spare, but if there were multiple aug options per spell it could actually lead to some interesting gearing decisions.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Several of the spells / abilities also already have AA focus lines...so in my opinion spell type 3's are a complete waste of time and effort for the Dev team. If players have the plat they just destroy the aug and buy a new one and use the loyalty points (when we get them) for rez tokens or Glyphs.
    Viper1, Jein-ko and Yinla like this.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Why are type 3 even in the game plat sink maybe?
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

For me its not about the cost, its the incovience and the time wasted trying to figure out if T1 spells are better without the slot 3 augs over previous T3 spells with the focus and then once again if old T2 spells are better. :rolleyes:

This isn't the first year they have been late going in game, if Aristo doesn't have the time to create them, just add the stats to the focus AAs we have and they will never be late being added again.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's not about the cost, it's about the complete idiocy of the entire concept. Forcing players to basically re-buy the same augs every expansion is just stupid and lazy design.

Just roll the effects into the spells themselves or the focus AA lines and use the development time saved on more important things.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Forcallen Augur

For the amount of time he spends compared to what they offer they should just be added into Focus AA lines now. Spend that time on spell concerns/issues/tuning instead.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

I just buy a distiller with DBC. Theyre cheap.
  10. Cicelee Augur

1. Why are you buying the exact same type 3 aug twice a year? You buy it once and then remove/add to new gear.
    2. Run to loyalty vendor in POK, buy 5-8 perfected augment removers, keep in one of your 400 inventory slots. Win new raid item, immediately use perfect remover to move type 3 from old to new. Literally five minutes to run once to POK and buy 5-8, don't have to do that again, and then five seconds to remove the type 3 and add it to new.

If a five minute trek to POK once a year to buy 5-8 perfect augment removers is considered an inconvenience, then I really don't know how to respond to that.
    Svann2 likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I thought the thread started off with the opposite complaint. We're 6 weeks in, and still no type 3s. The problem is people WANT to spend the plat, and can't.

The rest of the complaints sprung from that.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

I suppose you don't use your slow-gaining loyalty currency on better items. Sorry to hear that.
    Many tanks purchase glyphs. Some like weapon ornaments. Some buy ress tokens (which are also from the overseer merchant now).
    This would be a different discussion if they were available from normal augmentation merchants for a plat cost similar to what re-purchasing the augs were. As it is I believe most people have to destroy the aug and re-purchase. Loyalty is shared across the account, so there may be multiple characters needing those loyalty tokens that take forever to build up.
    Fanra, Ssdar and Yinla like this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

When they are granted like they are supposed to be. DP cant seen to get that functioning properly, according to some posters. I just don't bother checking.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

If you are subbed you can buy perfect distiller for 225 DBC, so with your free 500 per month you can get 2.2 per month free. I normally have so much banked coin I never run out so thats where I go.
  15. Kazint Augur

I'm not that smart.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Dragnath Elder

People talk about how inaccessible this game is for new or returning players, and it is stuff like this. There is an unreasonable amount of little tweaks you need to do so your character isn't useless, including returning to complete old content, finding random augs from 10 or more years ago etc. Don't get me wrong I enjoy it all but anyone looking to dive in to this is going to be completely lost.

On the plat front for anyone who hasn't been playing this game for multiple years at max level plat is a huge issue. Nothing in the last, I don't know 8 expansions drops anything that provides you with a source of revenue yet you need to drop 20k+ for each gear combine, type 3 aug, 5k each for spells, 1200pp/hr for a merc, etc.

I am running 3 toons that the oldest is about 15 months and I have had to buy plat with Kr over and over to fund spells, upgrades, tradeskills. It's either that or go back to 2011 content and farm plat. (Not worth my time vs. just paying)

So basically working as intended...

It is pretty ridiculous that mobs in current content drop 20pp per character in group. What am I supposed to kill 1000 mobs to pay for a single type 3?
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Type 3's are a plat sink to maximize efficiency for people winning at the game.

Corpse summon cost is a plat sink on top of failure (adding insult to injury)

anyway, if they aren't already there, how about adding perfected distillers to Overseer vendor?
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I track it (just for giggles, mostly). Either there's something really broken with that software, or it's kicked off manually by someone who doesn't use reminders ;)
  19. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Yes, it’s why Krono exist.
  20. Cicelee Augur

I feel really sorry for the player who feels they have to sell a Krono for 2 million plat so that they can take ten percent of that for some type 3 augments