EverQuest Roadmap 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Iven Antonius Bayle

Just by logic it will be A5 and J5 as the lower merc ranks are about unusable because of the low confidence. Another point is that they will not nerf silver accounts (A5) so the ranks below A5 will be removed.
  2. Puntsize New Member

I'd personally like to see the warping and bots be thwarted down with aggression, especially on the TLP servers. They have no place on Mischief/Thornblade and Aradune especially.

There have been countless times where we've been clearing to a namer or raid mob, only to have someone warp past directly to it and engage/kill before we get there. It has caused several people to leave the game as a result.

It is not a difficult task to monitor the high traffic servers on occasion, and to swiftly punish the violators. They destroy the economy, and chase away some of the players that truly make this game a great experience.
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Silver is no longer available, and just another grandfathered in thing they would be happy to be rid of.

They will nerf Silver account perks long before they nerf FTP or Gold.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

5. Jedis Arch Mage

Thanks, but this comment serves no purpose. How long you've played the game doesn't automatically get your posts more weight.The game needs to move forward, not remain in 2002. P99 is available if you like playing with your antiquated ui so much. You need to be open to the idea of ui revamps, instead of immediately trying to shut it down, because you think it will be an "unusable mess."
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think the important thing with old versus new ui is that once it launches players can carry over as much of their layouts as possible from the old one so everyone is not starting from a default ui layout.
    Shindius, Ozon and Angahran like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they went with the A2 to keep F2P as it is.

There is every possibility they might upgrade Silver accounts to J5.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Exactly.

The whole point is to incentivize paying over free to play.

It only makes sense from a business perspective to drop Silver down to A2 and leave FTP as it is. I wouldn't be upset if that happened, not what I hope, but makes sense to me.

Given their decisions seem to have no relation to making money, that I can see, all bets are off. Which is why I ask the question.

*edit*
    That, and why they didn't just say 'the top two tiers' if that's what they meant? It could just be a poor choice of words, I'm just curious.
  9. Forcallen Augur

Thanks for sharing and it looks like a lot of good things for the game are in store!

I look forward to a lot of these big ticket items for sure but please please realize that the core way players connect to this world is through their character. I feel like there is a disconnect between what the players want/expect in terms of their character development (and why they pay to play this game ) verses how time/resources are allocated. It might not be as flashy as some of these big items but its far far more important to the player base. You have to keep your basic house in order before you can get excited about the new garden, new 3 season porch or new water feature outside. If your kitchen stove is always broken, one bathroom is just shut down or the heat only works half the time its hard to care about someone doubling the deck size outside or the new common area having a coffee machine added.

It's going to be 2 months into ToL before some AA, spells and slot 3 augs are actually fixed/added, despite bugs having been submitted about the issues back in October for some. Simply because there wasn't enough time and the team was spread thin working on other bullet point items. That is not acceptable when many were reported, and acknowledged, in multiple beta areas 3 months prior.

The beta cycle and "throughout the year" character improvement cycle are broken. There is never enough time or resources to address what needs to be addressed in the current time frames. Its well that didn't get done in beta or in March or in June so on to the next thing. Repeat year after year with many little things piling up into big issues. Fix that by allocating more time and resources for character development in beta and during the year showing us that you understand what a big deal these things are to the player base and why they pay to play the game.

Open the beta cycle earlier so there is more time to address: beta issues/bugs, for additions like new evolving items and slot 18/19 augs (which are huge for retaining subs and keeping folks busy for longer), so that long standing AA and spell issues can be corrected even if its only for the beta iteration first. Then make time at some point in the year to fix/address the older concerns, issues or quality of life improvements. Most don't care if its from CL's, dev chats, wish list threads, AA threads, spell threads they just want long standing character/class/item concerns seen as a focus point that get addressed in a reasonable time frame (yes thats vague on purpose).

Character development should always be one of the top priorities or your going to lose players. No new UI, Dragon Hoard or old world achievement is going to change that when all the little class/character things build up for 1, 2, 5, 10 years.
    Shindius, Strumph, Metanis and 4 others like this.
  10. Jivunar New Member

Yes, I too believe that silver accounts might be rare. They stopped grandfathering paid accounts and paid silver account upgrades rather quickly after all. And judging by the current business model of inconvenience unless you sub, its more than likely to be A2 rather than A5.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  11. Moege Augur

FV is at times unplayable just zoning takes 5+minutes with frequent disconnect and subsequent crash to desktop then in this roadmap nothing except this catchall phrase is mentioned. I am underwhelmed.

Cherry on the cake is lag is not technically a bug, apparently the is no concern that players are leaving that is not willing to put up with it.
    So what is the veterans lounge supposed to do with a DB side problem ?
    Emarra, Warpeace and MasterMagnus like this.
  12. Iven Antonius Bayle

"I am Once Again Asking... for your mercenary ranks"
    Shindius and MasterMagnus like this.
  13. Cronar Elder

At this point, i am baffled why the devs don't find some way to adopt a similar system to the broker from EQ2. Have it all done behind the scenes and free up resources and make the system useful.

Though i suppose that one reason why we have the antiquated system is because it leads to additional paid accounts, which is revenue.
  14. Captain Video Augur

They would get a lot of grief if they did that. At one point, Silver was a paid unlock in the Marketplace, and that got you the A5 unlock, two additional character slots and something else I can't remember. You can't just walk that back. It would make more sense to eliminate the distinction between F2P and Silver entirely. A5 mercs aren't going to get you very far in current content, but they can be handy when levelling an alt. A2 mercs all run away so fast they aren't much use for anything past the tutorial.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Which makes me think that A5 and J5 would be the levels they go with.
  16. Angahran Augur

All I originally said was I hope there is some way to transfer the custom UIs that many people have worked long and hard on into whatever new format is used.

P99 is nothing but a bunch of hackers using stolen code (yes I know they made a 'deal' that lets them keep using it.)

The current UI system uses XML, so hopefully the new system also uses something that is equally flexible.
  17. Benaiah New Member

I agree whole heartedly. Down with the Bazaar, up with the Auction House! :)
  18. PatCleric Healer of Aradune

I'm guessing you'll find out in May...
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I bet the anti-cheat measurements will just close the game with a cryptic message like "message code #32 -- shutting down". And absolutely no-one will figure out that it means the have been caught cheating, and just report it as bug... and the only response from the devs will be complete silence...
    Otherwise they would have to make a clear statement rather than just let people guessing. Where is the fun in that?...:p

Seriously though, I hope it works out...:)
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Ngreth liked my post about it being A5 and J5 (first page of this thread) so it’s probably going to be A5 and J5.
    MasterMagnus likes this.