While showing a friend and his son EQ, this happened..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Herf Augur

Hot, very hot :)
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

In certain circles this could be a selling feature. Not for me of course.
  3. Babyzerker New Member

EQ is also 18+ so thats on you
  4. Febb Augur

Sounds like you screwed up your EQ settings. You probably set the memory mode to least.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Offended pretty easy betting he's never watch the tv series Married with Children. My favorite hehe love it.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

A friends daughter used to be terrified for me because I would sometimes stand in my camp fire. She was so worried I was going to burn to death.
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

Please no nude trolls or ogres, nobody wants to see that.
    Angahran likes this.
  8. Thraine Augur

your 1s mistake was trying to convince someone to play eq
    Moege likes this.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

Thought their was a setting's in ALT-O to hide everybody but weapons.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

It's on!
  11. HeatherPurrs Augur

I for one, welcome our PC Overlords! May the non-offended rule forever!
  12. Coagagin Guild house cat

Always called the lost clothing layer "nekid" not naked as to not to oversight pubescent young males into thinking EQ was "toon p0rn" or something less dignified.
  13. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I get this only when there's alot of ppl standing around in the lobby.

To OP you should definitely introduce him to Skyrim next, check out some of the available mods. He'll love it!
  14. Sappas Journeyman

I not only was having this issue but also an audio echo whenever I was in the guild lobby/around a ton of toons. I fixed it by setting EQ to use all the cores on my computer. While that fixed it, I got a tiny bit better performance on top of that by also turning off logging and deleting existing large log files.

To use all cores I opened up the eqclient.ini file in notepad and changed all of the CPUAffinity references from "=1" to "=-1). Note: unless you box you probably will only have one reference which reads (CPUAffinity1=1) which you would then change to (CPUAffinity1=-1). I would recommend doing a web search for something like everquest multiple core processors in order to find more detailed instructions. I'm sure there is probably a thread on this in the forums also. The game default is 1 processor so there may be drawbacks to using all the cores. I haven't run across them yet though... but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Today's update notes: "- Renamed the "CPUAffinity" setting to "ClientCore" in the eqclient.ini file. The new default has been set to "-1" which allows the client to run on any and multiple cores. Setting a number other than the default will still force the client to run on a specific core."
    Mine now (before I patch) are as follows.
    CPUAffinity0=-1
    CPUAffinity1=-1
    CPUAffinity2=-1
    CPUAffinity3=-1
    CPUAffinity4=-1
    CPUAffinity5=-1

I have 8 core, 16 thread processor.
  16. Braveheart Augur

Spoiler:
    Don't watch Raised by Wolves.
  17. IblisTheMage Augur