LoN Packs are not on marketplace.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Benito, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

LoN Packs (Legend of x) have not been on the marketplace in the last several months. (They are still claimable with a monthly membership claim). Not sure if this is intentional or a bug.

The Wood Elf Crates will rotate out soon.
    Trebla7th, Morigaine, Baldur and 3 others like this.
  2. Trebla7th Augur

The card game? Was that not discontinued? I thought that got shut down years ago? How are you still getting and opening packs?
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It was discontinued. However they put the packs in the marketplace as "prizes" and you can buy them and trade or sell the prizes they contain in the bazaar

Each month a paying account is awarded $5 and you have an option when you claim it to take a potion, the $5 something else or a LON pack. Again once opened you can sell or whatever the prize inside so long as you don't "collect" it for your self.

Totally random prizes. Usually they rotate which LON packs are in the marketplace but they have been missing for last few months and only showing up in the monthly claim

You can also look in bazaar under "prize" and see what others have for sale

It is not the card game any longer since that server was taken down. These are basically just the goodies inside it
  4. Angahran Augur

They should just pull all of the prize items out and let people buy the ones they want.
  5. Hekaton Augur

The last set in market was the legend of the jarsath destroyer which had to be tinkered with because the girplain guardian illusion was not in the prize rotation. I don’t know if that tinkering broke the release clock but since then we have not seen LON cards in the marketplace which is baffling because it is a source of revenue
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. Trebla7th Augur

Huh, I've never seen those since returning to the game for Aradune TLP. Perhaps they aren't available on TLPs...
  7. Baldur Augur

They aren't available on TLP servers until Rain of Fear expansion.
    Trebla7th and Elyssanda like this.
  8. Rylak Elder

Didn't see a formal announcement, but I'm pretty sure they have been removed permanently for purchase. They continue to be selectable as an option upon selecting your "free" monthly DBC, but only for that limited amount of time. I also expect that to discontinue at some point.

Purely conjecture - but I think this is related to recent landmark court cases in EU related to and against "loot boxes". As a result, I would also expect we have seen the last of the Heritage Crates.
  9. Morigaine Elder

This is the problem when the devs fail to communicate changes of this nature. Your post might be correct or it might be pure speculation that is totally incorrect. There has always been an issue where the packs become unavailable for a day or two when they cycle to the next set. As far as I know, this is the first time they have been gone for months, so it could be associated with a bug rolling to the next set.

It would be really nice if a developer would at least comment whether this is an intentional change or something under review?
    Thunderkiks, Trebla7th and Fenthen like this.
  10. Hekaton Augur

hey someone flipped a switch and they're back in market but with an 11 day timer. cool
    Rondor and Elyssanda like this.
  11. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I'd pay directly for a Nimbus of the Burning Prince for my wizard. And there's no reason this stuff can't be claimed on a TLP. They can already deactivate all additional buffs from mounts and illusion clickies.