I check here every day for a new TLP...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by cybertoothlion, Jan 6, 2022.

1. code-zero Augur

Everybody has a busy life
  2. Triconix Augur

No, only TLPers. Live players are all neckbeards with no life to live.
  3. cybertoothlion Journeyman

Shut up
  4. cybertoothlion Journeyman

You who spend all day on this forum should check my last post. I am not a Krono farmer, im just a guy whos played eq for 20 years and wants a server where everyone doesn't min-max actually.....

Morons
  5. Crescens_ New Member

This sort of intelligence and logic are not allowed on this Forum. Can you please edit this post to assume that everyone who likes starting the game over are merely krono farmers?

For real though, I always play up through Kunark and eventually get burnt out or excited about another game release and stop playing. By the time I want to play EQ again I would rather start back at vanilla than jump in mid SoL or PoP.
    TheBudkai likes this.
  6. HekkHekkHekk Augur

I have an inside man and the new server announcement will be coming next week.
  7. wade_watts Augur

I don't think I'd play on a non-mischief TLP again. The volume, randomness, and no-trade have just totally opened up a new world of EQ. Lots of my friends have actually made it to PoP where on prior TLP's they burned out in Kunark or Velious. Limited sample size of me and a group of folks that have played basically every TLP but going back to a traditional TLP is just so unappealing after Mischief.

I would probably play on a new mischief variant but not sure how you all can go back to standard.
  8. Bullsnooze Augur

You can check all you want without creating a new thread about it. What's wrong with the 20 other threads about it?
  9. Rcbauer Augur

Good.
  10. StarLord69 New Member

Bump for new server. Mischief is great but unfortunately there is such an absence of lower level groups that its exceedingly difficult, most importantly, unfun, to level to max on Mischief currently.
    TheBudkai likes this.
  11. Intercept Elder

It only took them 20ish years to do this model of tlp so in another 20 years your wish may be answered.
  12. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

This is the issue i'm running in to, I'd love to play on one of these servers since it appears nobody groups sub 115 on live servers.. but nobody really groups sub 60 on the tlp either.
  13. StarLord69 New Member

Oh, they do group at lower levels. You just need to join a new TLP Classic through Luclin. (On Coirnav I had no problem going 1 - 60 during Luclin, and I imagine the situation is the same for all the prior expansions.
  14. Toni Xelphi of Bristlebane

I meant on the current TLP, the topic of the post was checking daily for new TLP, which I can understand why you'd want a new one.. so you can participate with other humans. I and others could solo, I have and am currently; that doesn't make it enjoyable.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

..... This is like saying that on live they group at lower levels also, you just needed to be playing 20 years ago.
  16. Aiona Augur

"Exceedingly" difficult?

It's not difficult at all if you know where to go to find groups and avoid trying to leveling in the middle of the night.

A new server isn't going to improve your social skills, and only makes it "easy" to find a group for the first few weeks. ;)

That said, if you want a new server, feel free to bump away! But don't use the lazy excuse of not being able to find a group -- it has never been easier to find a group on a TLP in my experience through all the previous ones.
  17. StarLord69 New Member

100% wrong. On the live servers there will never be hundreds, if not thousands, of players grinding from level 1 upwards again. Meanwhile on the TLP servers this happens with the release of new servers on a yearly basis.

Lol, the only other discussion boards you'll find outright misinformation like this is on a stock trading forum. The 1 to 65 leveling situation on Mischief right now is absolutely nothing like it is from classic - luclin, where there are multiple picks open at any of the decent grinding locations at any level range. If you were to log onto Mischief right now, you would be lucky to put a full group together, within your level range, if you spent hours asking around. For new players wanting to experience Everquest in terms of grinding levels, rather than just getting power leveled to max and raiding, there currently aren't any servers offering this experience.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

Go read what you wrote again. Then go read what I wrote.
    You said there is tons of groups on tlp if you get on from classic->Luclin. I said there is tons of groups on live if you played 20 years ago. Since it's not 20 years ago and no tlp are in classic-> Luclin it's the same result. No low level groups.
  19. Draconum Elder

Well, yeah.. If you miss the rush of the launch and a few weeks after - you're usually going to get left behind these days on the TLP's. Sometimes if you come back when new classes launch you may be able to find people power leveling that will feel pity and take you in.

Tends to happen to myself at various points. Coirnav I made it to about PoP before real life kicked in and I got left behind. Rizlona I didn't even make it through first week of Velious.

Honestly unless you have a group of friends that will help catch you up or migrate with your for each new TLP it is very hard to keep up when you have outside responsibilities. As much as I miss grinding hard to be level capped in first week and raiding, hard to keep up with the people that play 12+ hours a day.
  20. Aiona Augur

A new server won't make your lack of social skills any better, it'll just make it easier for you for the first few weeks to find a group.

I have leveled more than 12 characters from October until today, to max level (yeah, I deleted a few, so what?). I can count of one hand how many times I ever waited for a group more than 15 minutes.

Of course, if you just sit there in LFG silently waiting for a group, you might not get an invite for an hour or two, but that's how it is on every TLP had you actually played past the first month after launch, you would know.

Don't wait, just put your own group together. Players are lazy, most don't want to 'lead' a group. I put a group together every day with little effort. It doesn't take more than a few minutes. Try be pleasant and social for once, you might actually get an invite to group or get a group going if you don't get an invite right away!

You are more than welcome to send me a /tell in game to come see just how easy it is. I'll even help you find a group any time of day, just to prove you wrong. Go ahead, I dare ya. :)