I'm curious if others feel the same way

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Apparently, EQ is terrible but they're on the forums several hours a day to stir the pot.
  2. Alnitak Augur

The game is flourishing ! On Bristlebane server General chat channels routinely go to General2, old players show up these days, people are having a blast doing ToL progression and missions. Named mobs get slaughtered and collectables get collected. Life is exciting on Bristlebane server!

I have put my mains and secondaries through the Champion questlines and now I am working for my third-string alts. ToL is very entertaining expansion!
    Coagagin, Flatchy and Eaedyilye like this.
  3. Laronk Augur

I think the main thing that keeps people from the mmo space isn’t that there’s not enough action but rather the time commitment. According to Techrepublic the average gamer plays games 8 hours and 27 minutes a week. If that average gamer picked up EverQuest and wanted to play with other players it would take them months and months of all their game time to even get to a level where they can more reliably play with others (unless they do tlp)
    The games you list or even lol, Dota, wow all can be played in a way where you can log in and be playing with other players within 5-10 minutes. I think EverQuest could benefit greatly from a LDON/cotf style expansion with lots of instances and the expansion feature could be a dungeon finder for helping actually put groups together (maybe even cross server instancing 0.o)
    Treage_Imminent and Benito like this.
  4. Tappin Augur

With the amount of people playing games like FF, NW, and WoW… there’s enough people playing MMOs, there’s just good ones and bad ones.
    Kazint likes this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

ToL has been a non-icy breath of fresh air.
    The zones have colour again.
    And XP is pretty easy to get.
    Few toons at 120 (all that I've bothered to log in), probably 1k aa's earned on each so far.
    Celephane, Wdor and Yinla like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Hit level 120 over a week ago, still working AA. Hunter & missions are done and I've only got SV and BoA to finish for quests.

Still having fun with friends. :) I'll be here for a long while yet helping friends with whatever they need in whichever expansion they need help in. When no one needs help, I'll be doing quest and TS on an alt.
    Celephane, Laronk and Wdor like this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I want overseer achievements!
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Only if they put my stats back!

It's lost all the previous information on how many quests I've done, failed critted, etc
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The coders should be allowed to create an overseer transfer coin, bunch of folks had to leave their maxed overseer & one-time only purchased Fippy Darkpaw on their old server/TLP when they moved.

Even though converting all of mine into tokens it still took a while to rebuild my roster (minus Fippy) as RNG means you often getting the same 4 agents over & over instead of the ones you still miss.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea all mine were reset too.
  11. daranged Lorekeeper

Dont know what class you are using but me i started playing eq with a warrior (before mercs) and yup warrior needs heals in some cases depending where killing and how do it.Now before mercs i wouldnt dare go try solo in newest xpac would go back 2-3 xpacs have plenty heal pots yes had to med up alot but still got it done and even now using a merc healer i wouldnt go into newest xpac and try exp with just warrior .Look at clerics they have it tougher well they can heal but have no real dps yes can be boring in older zones but hey gotta do what gotta do
  12. KarmaKitty Augur

Yes, playtime vs. LFG can be an issue. I gave up on it long ago, so I molo.

/over is great. /over and mission TAs have allowed me to hit max XP these last two expansions. Never been even close before. Thats without pay to win perks. Of course, I used station cash to finish some missions early.

Looks like a pally can molo weak mobs in ToL and ToV. Perhaps with better gear or another few levels down the road, I can molo all those good XP missions. Not much reason to do so now, but I can molo older content without risk of death.

Hmm, does chase loot drop of weak mobs ? I guess, I could give that a shot.

I guess, lower your expectations and have fun.