Test Update 1/11/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If something is broken they should work on fixing it and as this is the first time that they have done a random loot server they are bound to get some things wrong as they move through expansions where raids are divided up differently.
  2. Herf Augur

Test may be compiled for some form of debugging which would raise image size as well. Regardless, sounds like it should not be a major problem.
  3. Paladin Augur

MISSING ACHIEVEMENTS!

Either i somehow overlooked it, or one if the basic Achievement components was still not added.

There are, at least for a Paladin, no Achievements beyond 50K AA, even though Paladins can go beyond 55K for sure.

Could this be due to figuring our for each individual class what their max AA is and then setting Achievements accordingly?

If so -- here is a Suggestion. I know that Achievements can be hidden from view and will only appear when a step is taking towards them, or they are actually accomplished. So rather than figure out the max for each class, just add AA Achievements up to 100K and hide them from view. When a Player reaches a new AA Achievement, it will appear and be shows as completed.
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

No class has achievements beyond 50k AA at the moment. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not
    Ozon and Yinla like this.
  5. Elysania Journeyman

No type 3 augs????? why even release spells for ToL if theres no type 3 augs
    Vekaras, Nennius and Svann2 like this.
  6. Beldrune Apprentice

Would like to show some appreciation for this last patch. Improvements are noticeable. Keep up the good work.
    Coagagin, Axxius, Qwalla and 6 others like this.
  7. Nniki Augur

Not sure how difficult it'd be for them to configure the data, but I think it would be nice if those achievements were for expansion-based AA completion instead, both so that all classes could obtain the same number of them and so that it would be easier to keep track of for design. New expansion? New achievement for obtaining all AA upgrades for that expansion.
  8. Paladin Augur

Not all classes get the same amount of AA Achievements and never will for good reason. Example, non-Magic users don't get any caster related AA's. Non-Gnomes don't get Tinkering AA's. And so on.

I was just noting, since Achievements can be hidden and it certainly takes Dev time to adjust them for each class when it comes to AA's -- maybe just forget that and add Achievements to 75-100K and hide them. Players will them get as many as their class can complete, as they reach the Achievement plateaus.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Where are the type 3 Augment merchants?
    Laurana, Vekaras, Axxius and 7 others like this.
  10. coltongrundy Augur

Are you aware that there are new TLPs every year? The TLP you play on didn't get these changes in era, the TLPs that came before you also didn't get these changes in era. But This year's TLPs will have these changes. So wipe those tears. These aren't useless fixes. The world doesn't revolve around you.
  11. Malbro Augur

When are BEastlords going to get a 72 minute focus? I think it waaay past time.
  12. Belkar_OotS Augur

A couple missing spell name corrections should be included in my opinion along with the druid name fix (thanks for that by the way).

Shaman single and group unity have different names.Unity of the Vampyre vs Talisman of the Usurper

Cleric single and group symbol lines have different names Unity of the Sanguine vs Unified Hand of Diabo.

Additionally the cleric Divine Intervention line is sadly not DI this expansion but Divine Mediation. Please let us keep our OCD naming convention consistent!
    Aanuvane, Conq and CrazyLarth like this.
  13. Micker Augur

I don't understand the lack of Type 3 augs. Just take the last ones and change the name to the new spell lol. Not like they are some unique thing. Either that or up the spells that % and get rid of the type 3. Maybe let the older type 3 augs also work on the next level spells/discs for now?
    Xyza likes this.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

I would wager that's a result of the new devs not understanding the traditional naming conventions for spells, which in turn is the fault of the verteran devs for not explaining it to them.
  15. Trixee New Member

- NPCs with locked HP will now report damage they are taking more accurately. Damage will include the (Locked) tag if it was a partial hit on an NPC with locked HP. If no damage occurred, it will not be reported.

Amazed people aren't commenting on this change. No longer will people be able to just stay on locked bosses to pad their parses -- they will get 0s for all the damage they do to a locked boss. Parse-lovers will now have to swap to adds!
    Wdor, Axxius, Tweakfour17 and 3 others like this.
  16. RandomXXI New Member

I can smell the necro tears !
    Tweakfour17 and minimind like this.
  17. Zipe The Healer

There must be a typo... it's VT rares that need a boost, not Bloodfalls.

Btw, anyone checked if Luclin Barrbery are more regular now? Or forageable?
    Andarriel likes this.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think it is an attempt to reduce raid-lag, all that excessive damage reporting, is probably not helping the lag issue.
  19. Zipe The Healer

- Most basepop in raids will now be affected by fling and knockback.

Only on raid instances? I haven't seen any mob on Open World that is "flingable" by SHD hate's attraction. Flusterbolt's pushback works tho' (knockback).
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. Kazint Augur

Aristo painstakingly crafts the finest of augments. You can't rush works of art.