Stone Tear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Manditik, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Manditik New Member

Now that the level cap is 120, how do we level the Ammo slot Stone Tear from Veil of Alaris? Where are the light\dark blue Alarans in the game now?
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Do the missions. They take 5 minutes.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

minimind and CatsPaws like this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The Shards Landing quest, "fear begins at home" has no lockout timer, so you are pretty much limited by spawn-times(and your own sanity!:eek:).
    Fenthen, Mukkul, Foliax and 1 other person like this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The tear is not worth completing unless you are doing it for reasons other than equipping it.
    Ozon likes this.
  6. Riou EQResource

It's always kinda sad when they self contain expansions instead of have a more open evolving world

Like it's been a long time since the veil on alaris faded and that, there isn't really any reason why after we saved the alarans some of them didn't move out and explore the rest of or parts of norrath and such, it would also allow them to have pockets of alaran (good or bad) mixed in for things like the Tear (or create new/upgraded versions)
  7. Mukkul Augur

Why does the final version The Tears of Alaris have a convert button on the blue type 3 aug? Does it convert back and forth between the blue and black versions?
  8. Rondor Augur

This is exactly right. The final version of Tears of Alaris can be converted back and forth both ways between the Charm / Face / Ammo equippable version of the item (black gem), and the Type-3 augment version of the item (blue gem).
    Mukkul likes this.
  9. zleski Augur

You'll spend more time running back and forth than doing the actual murder. Make friends with a pair of mages.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. roth Augur

While I would never use it that is the one thing that the Tears of Alaris has that my True Tears of Alaris lacks : that convert button. Mine are stuck permanently as augs.

Honestly, I can see value for the Ammo slot (provided the Defense skill mod applies there) for anyone who does not need to throw or shoot weapons at a mob. For my ranger and my berserker, even if I had the ability to switch the True Tears back to equipped items, I would not do so.
    Rondor likes this.
  11. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Even running back and forth I still end up waiting on respawns so I don't see how that would help.

Easy solution is to just let the stuff drop from green/grey Alarans. But when has EQ ever given thought to things that aren't selling you the next expansion.
  12. Cadira Augur

Why is this the case? Asking because I genuinely don't know the issue.
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Ozon Augur

My guess (and undoubtedly will be corrected) is that since is at max it is 10 dodge, for SK we max at 450 dodge, the improvement is so small as to be barely noticeable, especially considering the amount of effort involved.

I should have said Defense not dodge~
    Cadira likes this.
  14. Cadira Augur

It's defense, not dodge, which far as I know directly translates to armor class. Maybe other things? But yeah...max of 10 I didn't notice seems to be pretty small either way I guess.
    Ozon likes this.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Its small gains for sure. But, if your trying to max as much as possible it does add a little something.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am going off what someone more knowledgeable than I thinks. Alaran Tear for Tanks - Worth It?
    Ozon and Cadira like this.
  17. zleski Augur

It's best in (ammo) slot for defence. It's up to you to determine if it's worth the effort to do.
    Coagagin and Fenthen like this.
  18. Flatchy Court Jester

EQ is a game of small improvements that all add up. Think of it as something to do while you are bored. The quest is the fastest and easiest way to max it. You wanna wait on that rare drop from a green mob? My luck is terrible and ive gone many hours slaughtering them and not seeing one. I would rather go with the fast progress of the mission.

Its been said before sit one mage at one end and one at the other and ping pong yourself through it. Heroic mages are great for this. If someone else is in there ganking all yer mobs ask them to join you. share your mages ports. Goes even faster!
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. Tucoh Augur

This is true, but in terms of cost/benefit this is somewhere around farming slayer achievements to level up your Banestrike. It's way below going back to CotF and onward and doing the heroic AAs and farming collectibles to perfect your trophies.

That being said, if you enjoy it, do it!!

Flatchy likes this.
  20. zleski Augur

I primarily play int casters, and it's just not worthwhile for me to do anymore. My Enchanter doesn't even have one, and my Necromancer's is only at the small stone tear step. I have no intention of doing anything further on it. Maybe if I roll a tank it'd be more impactful, but right now, it's just not a big focus.

And if it matters, both of these toons are raid geared; any group geared players may have a different calculus to squeak out a bit extra AC.

So here's a couple data points for anyone sitting on the fence.