I check here every day for a new TLP...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by cybertoothlion, Jan 6, 2022.

1. cybertoothlion Journeyman

Come on, just give us another one already, I want to play but I don't like the random loot servers and I want to start fresh on a new server.

EverQuest feels like home :(
    TheBudkai, Face_Rollan and Hirbow like this.
  2. Biltene Kingslayer

You can play on any multitude of servers both live and several different iterations of TLP, "starting fresh" on any of them, nothing is preventing you from doing so.

TLPs are released seemingly every year in the late spring usually around Memorial Day. Your request is pointless noise that doesn't add anything nor change anything in the grand scheme of things. A new server will come when it comes.
    Lanffear, Orienn and code-zero like this.
  3. StarLord69 New Member

Same. In fact I was checking the forums just now to see if any new tlp servers were announced.

I made a new toon on Mischief a week ago. There's nobody to group with. If you want to hit max level you need to solo or pay for power levels essentially. This isn't what EQ is about. With fresh TLPs, for the first few expansions, there are always tons of players making groups and playing the game at lower levels. Such realities are nonexistent on any of the TLPs currently. For new players joining EQ right now they must basically beg, or pay, for assistance from others in order to progress.
    TheBudkai likes this.
  4. Bullsnooze Augur

Here we go, the krono farmers using their throw-a-ways to create 'new tlp threads' for the next 10 months.
  5. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Oh wow man. Someone want's something that I don't. It's gotta be those pesky krono farmers!
    Lanffear likes this.
  6. Strife Lorekeeper

Do we really need to absolute destroy the previous TLP every year to satiate you people who have never gotten your heads out of the first 3 expansions of EQ?
    Lanffear likes this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

This is the way.
    Overcast451, Face_Rollan and MMOer like this.
  8. Gnomie Denser than most

"I want to farm more easy krono in the early TLP's because that's the only content simple enough for me to understand"
    Lanffear and code-zero like this.
  9. Triconix Augur

You're going to be checking for many more days considering it's only January.
    Treage_Imminent and Skuz like this.
  10. MMOer Augur

The majority of people that are checking for new servers are the opposite of what you are trying to project.

We are the casuals. The classic lovers.
    cybertoothlion and Face_Rollan like this.
  11. MMOer Augur

I too check... not everyday but every week or two.

This is the thing.

Every year I suggest a seasonal (yearly) server that is tied to a mega server that is POP Locked.

This way we can play the fresh server and at the end get dumped into the pop locked server with our other seasonal alts.

-This gives a sense of permanence to your efforts and game.
    -Keeps the pop lock server freshed up yearly with new alts.
    -Helps the other servers not die from us leaving it and moving to the next classic server.

All around many many pros I could list and very few cons.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

There has never been, and may never be, a server easier for farming krono than Mischief.
    Lanffear likes this.
  13. Triconix Augur

Dumping characters onto a server that players will never use because they migrated to another yearly TLP doesn't help Agnarr or any other server not die. New TLPs will still simply cannibalize older TLPs cyclically.

All around you listed zero pros. Who wants a temporary character? I always figured one of the best things about an MMO was growing with the character, not throwing him into the trash each year like the previous iPhone model.

And who do Kronolords follow like a fly to poop? You, the casuals.
    Lanffear and code-zero like this.
  14. StarLord69 New Member

I was thinking something similar. New servers that allow free transfers to one of the more progressed TLPs at some point if anyone so desires. (Put a cap on the amount of platinum/kr transfers could bring with them.) Will be interesting to see what the plan is for the new TLPs this year.
  15. Rcbauer Augur

Start in Velious
    All Classes Allowed
    Gnomes/halflings can be paladin/sk/ranger
    3 box max

Win.
    TheBudkai likes this.
  16. Midnitewolf Augur

I have been actually doing the same thing since just before Thanksgiving when I got the bug to play EQ again. I want to start out fresh, where no one has anything and many people actually want to group together rather than play solo. I know the grouping dynamic rapidly fades away but I can usually get 3-4 months out of a new TLP before everyone is running out with their own private group and too stingy to share XP with another player.
  17. Gnothappening Augur

Fixed that :D
  18. code-zero Augur

I've always wondered if a lot of the recyclers are those people who somehow in the early expansions in a TLP managed to get added to a lot of peoples "do not group with" list.

Just a thought
  19. Gnothappening Augur

Those are the ones who are on the forums complaining that boxing is keeping them from getting a group.
    Gnomie and code-zero like this.
  20. Kahna Augur

I think that most TLP recyclers are just busy people with busy lives who end up having to take breaks from the game and when they come back they find they have been left behind and they just want to start over.
    TheBudkai, Miomio and Overcast451 like this.