Why is Experience so bad?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Scald, Dec 29, 2021.

1. vylo Augur

Go to bed earlier. Problem solved. How are you raising children when you haven't even managed to become an adult yet?
  2. Gorg00 Augur

This is false, I was grinding out levels almost as fast as our fastest group was able to make it through the quests to level. The quests and grinding are about the same amount of time investment, though the quests are slightly less.

The outlier in terms of time vs XP earned is the *missions*, not the quests. Since the missions can be done in under an hour and reward like 125% of a level.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

It wasnt an argument. It was a question.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Discrepancies between expansions are the natural order of things. IIRC, it even tells you in the terms of service that things change.
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I was just saying what I do, not making an excuse for you. It does seem like you have a time management problem though if you cannot find 15 minutes to click a few buttons.

*Timed it this morning. 10 minutes for four characters. Got time for another cup.
  6. Tappin Augur

The discrepancy is between progression based level exp bonuses and overseers vs killing mobs for level exp. this nothing to do with the natural order of things and was artificial add by the devs.
  7. Tappin Augur

EQ may be a job for you, but it’s not for me. My guess is that it isn’t for most people. I’m not logging in the morning before work - there’s not enough time.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Because your job is to lurk on the EQ forums.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Overseer isn't a job, it just mindless activity that doesn't distract from anything else in the morning. If you don't want to do it, just say that. Don't make excuses about there not being enough time though. It's just poor time management on your part.
    Flatchy likes this.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

11. Flatchy Court Jester

No wonder you are always so crabby, get some sleep. ;)
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Pot....Kettle
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Skuz: Pot....Kettle

Neither me or Skuz claims not to have enough time in the day to do Overseer. Tappin is basically claiming Overseer is a job when it only requires 10 minutes but he somehow has hours each day to spend on the EQ forums.
    Svann2 likes this.
  14. KarmaKitty Augur

Kill XP sucks because they don't want you grinding to 120 because everyone whines about the grind.
    They put all the XP in achievements tied to progression completion. Kinda falls under you get what you asked for...

Pay to win /over is the only reason I managed to get beyond 117.
  15. Scald New Member

Why is it that Tasks/Missions give Currency, Armor, Collectibles, AND Experience but the experience per mob kill in the expansion is so bad?
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

It's bad for you? Hmmmm
  17. uberkingkong Augur

Anyone remember the days if you wanted good xp you'd solo kite?
    About .5 to 2% xp per kill solo kiting.

Good times seeing wizards and necros solo kiting. Only 1 account needed, not a 3 account box with mercs.
    Eldur likes this.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The days of Druids quad kiting. I remember doing it to the dwarves of BBM. Good times.
  19. Marton Augur

What tasks give currency?
  20. Spacemonkey555 Augur

So was level 51, what’s your point?