Why is Experience so bad?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Scald, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

People who spend "station cash" on Overseer get to do 15 total quests each day? Absolutely false.

As others have pointed out, this is a very tenuous and forced attempt to link Pay to Win with Overseer.

The fact that even you have never had to pay for Overseer is extremely telling of the merits of your argument.
    Nennius likes this.
  2. bigpapa Augur

overseer take like 3 min to do and reward can be from 10 to 15 % per day , how long it take you to do 15 % reg xp when all progression's done? overseer just adding that much , only doing it twice a day ( 6 min or so ),plus all the grinding you adding .
  3. Tappin Augur

You are literally paying for advantages over others who don’t pay. It’s doesn’t matter how outrageous it’s implemented.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

There is de facto no advantage because of the 10 quest hard cap.

Everyone does a cost-benefit analysis. How many people would pay $1-5 to auto complete a single quest when they can do it for free (with the hard cap of 10 daily quests)?

You are reaching.
  5. Tappin Augur

Reread bigpapa’s post.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Who is paying for Overseer? You? Ignorance is bliss.
  7. Riou EQResource

You can play EQ for 2-3 minutes out of every 30 in ToL and get 0.8% regular exp (or 19.1 AA) without killing a single mob, with options between at least 3 different quests to choose from (one requires you have a win of the Basilica Mission though)

No previous expansion has had this free and easy of EXP to repeatedly farm, the Ada quest from ToV was the closest
    Shindius likes this.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Dang 0.8% experience? Wow, utterly game breaking… It used to just be killing a couple mobs would get you that much.
  9. Verily Tjark Augur

Exp is good. Befriend a ranger or rogue.
  10. Riou EQResource

EQ hasn't been that way in a long time now, and it probably wont ever return to that

Now you can just do it mostly afk and do irl stuff during the downtime, which is not that bad since you probably are busier irl now then at that time
    Triconix likes this.
  11. Triconix Augur

Grinding is boring. Quests/tasks are better.
  12. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Quests and tasks are boring, but missions are better.
  13. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

EoK had really great experience. The non-mission tasks of EQ suck so much to do as a group. Individually assigned and updated, not rewarding enough to repeat.

Mercenary and Partisan tasks are just a waste of Dev time as currently implemented.
    Eldur likes this.
  14. Triconix Augur

empires of kunark was as bad as original kunark. It was also a non level up expansion. I don't recall EOK being "great" exp. Regardless, it was a trash expansion so once I finished it I became a raid logger.

Getting mercs prior to a grind is free exp.

Bad takes are bad. Stop.
  15. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

They’re a waste of time to develop. You can’t build single use content, when you’re a short staffed dev team. At least throw some currency on them, so people can repeat them and add some stragglers to the tasks.
  16. Triconix Augur

I literally gave you a reason why at least mercs aren't single use. Just because you don't utilize them for bonus exp for AA grinds, it doesn't mean it's single use. That's a you problem.

I'd rather do single use quests to get the levels out of the way rather than spend 40+ hours killing the same trash. It's unoriginal, an outdated way of playing, and absolutely the most boring aspect of this game.
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Great, but it’s a group based game. You need people constantly going back and repeating the tasks.

It’s why I said missions are best. They’re actual game mechanics with repeatable reward structures.
  18. Triconix Augur

You like logical fallacies? Missions being better doesn't mean the others are boring or unrewarding, because that's what you actually said. Not what you just claimed you did.
  19. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Just facts, there’s no incentive to repeat the Mercenary and Partisan tasks. Can’t have group based with no incentive to group.
  20. Triconix Augur

Except I already gave evidence to the contrary. Move along now.