Quitting Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FolgersFist, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Gnothappening Augur

More accessible, that phrase is used so much these days for people who want things handed to them without any effort. The only people who need things more accessible for them are people with physical disabilities and I fully support that. Color blind modes. Voice commands for people with issues with their hands, etc. As for everyone else, meh. I miss the old "can't do it? Then get good!" mentality we used to have.

There is a reason Cuphead blew up. It was a challenging game. I like to think that people other than myself want to see challenging games. I think that the reason a lot of us still play EQ on TLPs is that it was a challenge the first time through and we still remember it that way so we go for the nostalgia. Sadly, it isn't a challenge these days, but maybe the devs will find a magic fix that makes it so again.
    Jubilee likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

How do bot crews in instances affect your guild at all? Can your guild not just get its own & avoid them altogether?

Strange reason to quit, unless you have the exact same goal in mind they do, farming lots of Krono is where your fun was?
    Jubilee and code-zero like this.
  3. Gnomie Denser than most

My guess is that he's in a guild that sells loot for profit, and with other people getting and selling loot too, they aren't making as much profit. Mad that pooping on other people isn't as profitable as it should be.
    Jubilee likes this.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Challenging in EQ is a joke with the amount of hack programs & automation being used.
    Stop acting like if they make some special rule-set everyone will follow it because we all know those rules are broken like crazy and they just stop enforcement ASAP.

Or didn't you see the PL groups this time around that had 6 enchanters on autopilot? Due to the last nerf. I used this guy for my friends from 40 to 60 just to get them caught up it was a nice setup they had 20ish boxes, 4 to 6 enchanters on stun mode it was hilarious to watch carnage and the prices were cheap.
  5. AngryKing Elder

Lol @ considering eq a challenging game. Tedious, archaic design decisions does not equal challenge.
    Treage_Imminent likes this.
  6. Gnothappening Augur

I think we are talking about something different. I would like to see player overall DPS nerfed in a way that raids are challenging again. I don't care what people do in the group game. I also don't really care for MOTM. Would prefer to see something like a hidden AA that gets upgraded every expansion. Instead of getting stronger, it gets weaker. Something like:

AA 1: 50% reduction to all damage and healing a player produces
    AA 2: 40% reduction to all damage and healing a player produces
    AA 3: 30% reduction to all damage and healing a player produces

Something like that. MOTM helps reduce damage done to a raid mob, which is okay, but unless healing is reduced, raids just take longer with the same zero chance to die.
    Jubilee likes this.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

I said EQ was a challenge originally and that the nostalgia of that brings us back. Right now it is so easy it is almost a joke. Most of this is due to power creep and I get that there are things the devs can't change because it would break live. That is fine. However, they have shown they can do things with hidden AA. If there was a hidden AA that reduced all damage and healing done by a player it could be easily tailored to fit the expansion. AA don't have to gain in strength as they progress. They can also manually be unlocked during certain expansions. Have them taper off like MOTM does. However, this would also affect healing and not just damage. That should breathe life into raids again as far as difficulty.

If I felt a game was tedious and archaic, I probably wouldn't play it. I definitely wouldn't live on the forums for it.
    Jubilee likes this.
  8. Shindar The Reaver Journeyman

They dont give a and they have made that clear in the past about using 3rd party.... even if the person is full on warping or full automated game play they dont care long as the person is at the keyboard... its complete crap imo but I left to play WoW classic SoM and blizzard is actually doing an amazing job banning the broadcasting/bot plays and blizzard hasn't even been giving out warnings when you get caught since the public announcement that its not allowed
  9. Corydon Augur

That's the most ridiculous suggestion I've seen in a long while. Raid with less people if you want a challenge and don't make me weaker when I advance my character.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

I get it. You like being overpowered in relationship to the content. Some people do. Some people like to have things on easy mode and dislike the idea of any sort of risk vs rewards scenario. There is a reason why some people are finally beating this content for the first time in 22 years. They needed players to do 2x or 3x the damage and mitigation than in original EQ in order to get it done.
    Jubilee and Kazint like this.
  11. Machen New Member

They don't need to do this. They just need to lock some of global changes that were added so that they don't impact the first ~12 or 15 expansions.

* The innate melee dps boost aa -- just lock it away til voa or so when it was originally added to the game. (Melee vs caster balance was just fine on the TLP's before these were introduced, casters weren't quite as blown away during the level 70 stretch and did even better by comparison in early eras.)

* The mitigation changes that were added in ~2018 -- only partially affect players until Underfoot, when it gives the full affect. Just change it to have no impact until RoK or so when it was originally added.

* Increased weapon caps - revert to the original values until the appropriate expansions.

Six or eight global changes along these lines were introduced to balance live. Simply revert them until the appropriate expansion is reached and a huge portion of the problem goes away.

Players won't want this though so its unlikely to ever happen. Most TLP players prefer the easiness that 2-3x more dps brings to all content, or the fact that undergeared tanks don't have to worry so much about getting one rounded by trash in GoD any more.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

I was just thinking of something that would be easier than mucking around with lots of different settings.
  13. Corydon Augur

Nope, you clearly didn't get it.
    Popknot likes this.
  14. Gnothappening Augur

Sure thing.