Baz price scripts are getting out of hand

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sindace, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Warpeace Augur

Yes we know you don't think its cheating, it was obvious from your first post on the topic. Still does not make it right, will I feel bad if a paying customer gets banned for using it...NOT ONE BIT!
  2. FrozenWater Augur

See, I find that sort of comment way more aggressive than anything I've posted. I would never advocate for the destruction of someone's account for such a trivial matter.
  3. Warpeace Augur

What's aggressive? Asking a company to enforce its own rules and punish a player for violations?

Verry aggressive isn't it:rolleyes:
  4. Arkanny Augur

They could just remove the bazaar entirely and let people /auction stuff in EC tunnel like it's supposed to be. *smirk*
  5. FrozenWater Augur

In this case? Definitely. In fact I don't even see how that's a question, especially when other solutions could be developed with such ease.
  6. Warpeace Augur

The only perceived aggressive thing is people not agreeing with you.

Get thicker skin or maybe don't do things to jeopardies your accounts availability to be used. Then you don't have to act as if doing something wrong should be overlooked and normal.
  7. FrozenWater Augur

Projection? Denial? Cmon now, I freely admitted to my aggression, you should consider your own comments too.

Dude, there is a rich history of grey areas in EQ's policy (packet sniffing as done by the likes of Allakhazam, Magelo, etc.) and players working around deficiencies in the EQ client (map making etc.)

You need start looking at this problem with a more critical and logical eye, instead of relying on knee-jerk emotional responses.

There is a deficiency in the EQ client, and there are grey areas in use to deal with it. That's just the facts. Now, the argument can be had whether this "feature" should be normalised and integrated into the client so all players can benefit. I think it should be normalised, I do think all players should have access to it, because it's such a common feature out in the wild, not just in MMOs but in countless other aspects of our daily life (I gave Ebay as one example).

If you really think forcing people to manually check all their item prices over and over again, adjusting them one-by-one as necessary is fostering healthy gameplay, I'm never going to agree with you. I'm sorry but that's just the way that is. But don't advocate for the destruction of people's accounts, under any circumstance imo, but definitely not for such a trivial matter as this.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Your right, please allow 3rd part manipulation of Baz pricing, were all too lazy to help ourself.

According to responses most are not going to agree with you either.

Your not considering the server load that creates bogging down everything. Bad ideas are just that bad ideas.
    Sindace and Nennius like this.
  9. Sindace Elder

FrozenWater- no one cares what you think about cheating. You are cheating. It's not a gray area chief. What is a gray area is why DBG is so goddamn useless to do anything.
    Warpeace likes this.
  10. FrozenWater Augur

What? Dude, I have a bazaar toon that I log on once a day if I have time, twice a day if I am bored. I already said this .. so maybe try reading instead of accusing me of cheating.

I want access to automated price changes, I presented an argument to implement it. Anyway, I am done arguing with the IQ 80 crowd. Daybreak can read and do as they please. If they decide not to implement then congrats on ya'll shooting yourselves in the foot.
  11. Laronk Augur

Changes to the bazaar or a new bazaar are probably an expansion level feature.

If there were to be changes we would be better served with an auction house where there’s a % listing fee for the auction house so it wouldn’t make sense to undercut someone by 1pp every 30 minutes.

I believe an auction house would increase use of the market and would increase trading. Setting up a trader is a huge pain, the ui sucks, I either have to leave my character there and not play or pay for an additional account to sell stuff while I’m adventuring. If I don’t have another account to do it with I have to go to the bazaar at the end of my play session to setup my trader.

Adding automation to the bazaar so that non cheaters can compete doesn’t fix all the other issues with the bazaar. Some of the stuff that cheaters corner the market on isn’t worth setting up in the bazaar the way it is but might be worth setting up in an auction house. I buy stuff from the bazaar and sell to traders but I hardly ever sell because it’s a pain. I actually don’t care if people undercut me I usually start my prices 10-20% below the next guy, also if you want to buy me out and corner the market PLEASE DO, I don’t know why anyone gets upset that some dude buys all their stuff that they did set a price for just go farm more things to sell.
    Treage_Imminent and Jumbur like this.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

That is the main reason I have given up on the bazaar tbh. If I only have a single account, then it is not really user-friendly at all, that I can't sell to people, while Im out having fun in Norrath.

I liked the way the "auction house" worked in classic World of Warcraft. I think they should take inspiration from that. :)
  13. Duder Augur

I appreciate your reply. However, I don't think you understand the scope of the problem and because of such, I can understand your perspective.

Player A:
    AFK Bots farm matierals
    Tradeskill them into brand new items from an expansion not even a month old
    List in the bazaar with undercutting script going

Player B:
    Groups with their friends for a week or two, even farms materials collectively as a group maybe
    Tradeskills them into brand new items from an expansion not even a month old
    List their items in the bazaar for whatever price, probably undercutting the next guy and goes into offline mode.

Now player A's script kicks in and undercuts player B. Next day, player B logs in, sees this, might say, okay, well, I'll just price match em, and returns back to offline mode. Nope, player A's script undercuts again. Blindly. And this happens over and over to where player B cannot sell anything and before long the item and time involved is devalued to the point where player B gives up on trying to make any sort of platinum or tradeskill or even deal with the bazaar because you can't win over players who take it into their own hands to run scripts to modernize the trading process. Effectively screwing every person who uses the player given tools.

How can you see no problem here? Yes, the bazaar needs an overhaul, but you have said again and again that you don't think this is cheating or a problem? What is wrong with you? A script that deliberately undercuts people and undermines their effort and time. Compounded by the possibility that the materials were afk farmed by person A, as such, have no time invested value to begin with. So no bottom price is too low. Can you not see that this disrupts and imbalances the economy? Within the first month of an expansion the prices on new items are bottomed out and the legitimate player is pushed out from even trying to compete. That is a problem. If you can't see it, you are part of the problem.

Anyhow, happy holidays, respect other people and their time. Treat people well and don't screw people over. This is a game WE play, stop trying to screw eachother over. There is no reason to cheat at this game. If players don't have the time to devote to the game they just shouldn't play or should accept where they are at in the game with the play time they have. Not resort to afk play and tools to play their characters and tools to pillage the bazaar and drive out the players who play with the given tools and who play by the rules.
    Sindace likes this.
  14. Micker Augur

The botters are good for the buyers, bad for the sellers lol. So you win 50% of the time and lose 50% of the time. I don't ever sell items that someone else has stacks of. I always price below the lowest for sale and never had an issue with selling anything, because of someone running a bot program.

Anything worth selling is mostly over 2M pp anyway and need to auction that, unfortunately. Hoping they get that 64bit code in soon and get rid of that ancient 2Mpp price cap in the bazaar.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Dead...wrong. Once again. For all time. You are.
  16. Korea numbah3 Elder

alt shift for barter
  17. Artegal New Member

Since there's been nothing new posted to this forum in nearly three years, I assume the bazaar price scripting problem has been solved.

This being the case, I would like to suggest a way to make setting prices for regular players more robust and useful, if it can be implemented: Make it possible for sellers to establish a price floor for each item they want to sell and to then periodically lower prices on all (or easily selected) unsold items by a seller-chosen percentage. Players will then be able to log on to their mule and adjust prices easily in order to keep sales brisk. If items reach their price floor, the player will be alerted and can vendor, tribute or destroy it as he sees fit.
  18. Metanis Bad Company

I can't believe Accendo allowed this old thread to be necro'd.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

He'd have had to lock the post to prevent an old post from being necro'd...
  20. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Good grief the last post was Dec 2021. This is June 2022. That is just 6 months, not years. Some necro's posts are 7-8 years and older.

Why would Accendo have any say over it? That was Dreamweaver that wanted to impose no necro posts at all.