EQ and our money

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shootss, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Shootss New Member

ok let me get this right... EQ was down 5 hours yesterday bc login then 6 hours today bc server-login both went down. now u all have to bring it down again for "2hours" which will be 3+hours for a patch u all couldnt do when it was down 11 hours in the past 2 days? most of us pay of this game. its been 23 years get your crap together. this is just sad.
    Duder, Herf, Wyndar and 1 other person like this.
  2. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

You seem upset. Would you like a hug? It's not the end of the world, maybe they will give us a bonus exp weekend or something. If not, it's just a game that you pay 50 cents or less a day to play.
    Paladin, Wdor, Svann2 and 2 others like this.
  3. Nickalispicalis Journeyman

Wish a competent company would buy the title from Daybreak. Can't even keep the servers up.
    Brontus, Allworth, Herf and 2 others like this.
  4. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

I'd be surprised if they give one for Christmas. Usually they have a "sale."
  5. PraimFaya Journeyman

I started day 1, 1999. Bad things happen. Equipment fails. I get my money's worth. Does it stink? Yep. It's also Christmas week. I appreciate them working on it to get it going again.
    Karreck, Paladin, Wdor and 6 others like this.
  6. Claan Elder

They normally do not do an experience bonus soon after a level increase if my memory serves correctly.
    Coagagin likes this.
  7. Zarkdon Augur

Once in awhile is understandable, but three to four times a month? If I was that bad at my job I would be fired.
    Herf, Fenthen and Neceros like this.
  8. Laronk Augur

Maybe they've cursed themselves by relaunching luclin!!!
  9. Sup Rog Elder

Would be nice if they put in the Auto grant AA from RoS with this patch/update!
  10. Windance Augur

Rather see them fix the overseer agents.
  11. Endorek Lorekeeper

Why? Anyone that cares that much about overseer has plenty of agents
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I have tons of agents but when i do one that requires only one elite (dvinn) and it says he's out of action when he's not its annoying they need to fix.

Andarriel
    Bobokin likes this.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Course not they want to sell xp potions on marketplace although you always get a xp bonus before the new expansion.

Andarriel
  14. Endorek Lorekeeper

I guess, I just don't understand the completionist thing. Do you get more XP or something from some super rare mission or agent? I just log on, do my missions for xp or collectibles (also for xp) and forget it.
  15. Windance Augur

I have a ton of agents but the highest level ones are mostly all incapacitated which makes it harder to start quests that require level 5 agents.
    Bobokin likes this.
  16. jeskola pheerie

17. ExecutionDbl9 Druid / Shadow Knight / Necromancer

Downtime happens. Servers are back up already. I love how people keep saying they wish a "competent" company would take over, as if there isn't downtime with literally every single MMO that has ever been in existence.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

EQ is down quite often.
    Not excusing it and I wish it wasn't so but we should be used to it by now.
    You know what you are paying for.
    I don't have 26 accounts to cancel or anything, but small number I have I am still paying for.
  19. Iven Antonius Bayle

Dunno if this is technically possible but server downtimes should be tied with monthly cash or claimable ingame currency refunds based on how long the downtime is. The average month has 732 hours. So if someone linked an account to the monthly 14.99 USD All Access subscription rate an hour is worth 0.0205 USD. 6 hours dowtime would mean 0.123 USD. This is not much and not worth to refund in cash but this is the same as ~18k pp (18,000) ingame based on the Krono price. Something alot paying customers would like to receive as a refund. FTP and silver accounts would be excluded.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sorry but just gotta point this out from Section 22 in the TOS

DAYBREAK MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE DAYBREAK GAMES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT ACCESS TO ANY OF THEM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, CONTINUOUS etc

Refunds are never going to be happening. They have issued guilt bonus exp in the past. I doubt it this time.

Its like getting stuck in traffic, the powers that be (whoever you believe in) are not going to give you that time in your life back.

Well, EQ is the power that is for this - remember "your in their world now"
    Paladin, Wdor and ExecutionDbl9 like this.