Server down - 12/20/2021 11:30am PT

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gosan Kai, Dec 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tual Augur

Well, they did use their OWN Twitter account.
  2. Mannhec Lorekeeper

I had a group. Suddenly folks were dying then LD, 2 chars remained, they have since been flushed as well. Every expansion we have unforeseen issues. And with 64 bit coming there may be some tweaks being made. I personally am OK with most of this. The communication though is still the SUX! A lot of us are IT pro's and would understand an explanation, not only understand but appreciate and we can help calm the angry masses with our knowledge of how things work.
  3. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

To be honest, if you don't think the 64-bit change isn't going to cause multiple downtimes over multiple weeks.... Ahem, well anyway.

Also don't forget there will be people who suddenly can't play due to a 32-bit OS or other issues and will flood the forums with pleas for help and rage quits due to their low tech knowledge. (I know someone around here said only 1% of gamers use 32 bit OS's but that's not true as even windows 7 had a cheaper "starter" version that was 32-bit and we cannot actually check how many people use this unless they all tell us)
    Bruzum Grobbfist likes this.
  4. Slasher Augur

You don't think they have data showing who's using what OS ? Come on now.
    Wdor and Svann2 like this.
  5. Accendo Guest

We are working to get servers back up right now.
  6. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

I'm referring to a post claiming to know what OS all gamers use. Darkpaw hasn't and won't tell us what their players use. It's inside info.

Edit: also I specifically mentioned windows 7 having a 32 bit version because ALL copies of windows 7 were considered to be 64 bit but that isn't true. The person was assuming you must be running Win XP if you are 32 bit.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Good to hear im going through overseer withdrawls :(

Andarriel
  8. Mannhec Lorekeeper

I got my Overseer done on on all 8 accts earlier, three is a ninth that I do not care about (Vendor), A main was so close dinged 119, Woot!
    Andarriel likes this.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I got 3 down out of 5 then i got booted lol

Andarriel
  10. PraimFaya Journeyman

For the next Progression Server I would pay 39.99 a month for a server that had 24/7 365 uptime. Make it 30+ age limited and True / True / Truest box. 1 log in per zip code.

:D
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Listen, I REALLY need to get into the game.. I can click passive on my Rat merc, and then the server mouse will be free again!

/shh don't tell anyone!
    Andarriel likes this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

you got a crazed chetari rat? My ranger does they rock!

Andarriel
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

It is actually on my Bard's account, my Ranger couldn't keep up with it!
    Andarriel likes this.
  14. Elemental Augur

Something to watch while server is down.
  15. Gialana Augur

They're up. I randomly checked to see if the servers were still locked. I don't remember even seeing it, but suddenly I was at character select.
  16. Iuwene Augur

LOL.... got to character select and upon entering the world..... disconnect
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

eww folks claiming there were rollbacks
  18. Iuwene Augur

Yes there was... The drinks I was making in PoK are gone and the components are again in my bank.

And the good news is, we don't have to care about missing Overseer agents anymore, because the Overseer system now will not even start:
    "Overseer data hasn't loaded yet, please wait and try again..." or f... relog or forget it completely.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.