Login server down??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Dec 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DazedNConfused New Member

You would think someone would be on duty on the weekends, you know? The time when most of the player base is able to play...
  2. Osteo.Bonegirl Journeyman

How do you know they're aware? Do you have a remote hotline to the IT staff?
    Herf likes this.
  3. SotoxDrinal New Member

I spent almost $400 yesterday with time off from work to play. Had this happened yesterday, I would not have bought the expansion x 6. This is absolutely ridiculous in 2021.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. FatmantheBst New Member

I tried bypassing the login server... its not working for me. Anyone recall how to do it? I have the patchme in the path name.

I have tried that. It did not work.
    As an example, your target field text should now resemble something like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme /login:Toon1UserName
  5. Bullsnooze Augur

(Herf, this isn't fully directed at you, but more-or-less the statement, because I do see it often when things go wrong.)

I really don't understand why folks 'need a response' when things are down. Having them say, 'yep, it's down' isn't going to change the current state of the issue. It'll be back up when they figure out whatever the problem is and they probably don't have the staff on-hand to give you a play-by-play or even a single response.

Its the same when things go down and everyone feels the need to ping the admins on Discord between like 14 channels. All you're going to do is eventually just get muted and ignored.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. Unsatisfiedcustomer New Member

22 year customer. Thousands and thousands of dollars spent and yet I have never posted on here before, in all that time. Never once complained or asked for a refund despite all the days I couldn’t play the game because of all the recurring issues.
    I am so tired of not being able to play the game when I’d like to. Please fix your login server or start issuing refunds or credits. Stop robbing your loyal customers of time and money.
  7. Nukkel New Member

If you look at the staff tracker the last time a staff posted to the forums ANYWHERE was Thursday.

We are fudgered boys and gals
  8. Juilan Apprentice

So.....what are we at now like 4 hours?
  9. Osteo.Bonegirl Journeyman

10. Iuwene Augur

Server by themselves are running, its only the login server. Crashed while zoning with one char and cannot get back in on that account.
    Jerecuda likes this.
  11. Juilan Apprentice

Are we having fun yet?
    pikapika likes this.
  12. Gutz/Azrrox New Member

if this game makes the kind of money they are saying it makes then this bad communication is no excuse.
    makes me think of a rich guy that doesn't tip
  13. Fuelforfire Lorekeeper

someone called the mid-90's in
    pikapika likes this.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Uh, I have had tickets fixed on weekends. Not sure why people think they cannot get tickets taken care of on weekends. Might be the ticket issue they are submitting.

And they have given us red forum messages by devs or cr in the past when this has happened so we know they work on weekends to
  15. Nukkel New Member

FTFY.
  16. Herf Augur

Because it tells us, a) they are aware, and b) [were they competent] they could give us some idea of either what the problem is or a minimum time for when the servers might come up. You know so we could say plan to either wait around, or cancel our raid, and go play games that are up and working just fine.
  17. alycin Journeyman

Patchme doesnt bypass logins, it just bypasses the patcher
  18. Ryhme Lorekeeper

gosh DGB, get your things done....
    earning millions and not sign of an emergency info is really lame...
  19. Karousel New Member

It does matter IF they even know there is a problem. People will not have to keep submitting tickets and forum posts. How else are they supposed to know there is a problem in the first place if people don't report it? The more people that report an issue, the more likely the issue will be given appropriate attention.
    People are trying to help. What are you doing?
  20. Juilan Apprentice

Dang....so christmas eve.....mayube
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.