Login server down??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Dec 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demoria7 Elder

Getting the "A connection to the server could not be reached" message so I guess the login servers are having issues again. Hope they fix it soon, don't see a message across forum page yet... so don't know if they are working on it.
  2. Theolee New Member

It is now 12:35 CST and servers been down all morning
  3. pikapika New Member

Ok was going crazy.... connection issue ran thru all the drills. looked like servers were up so I thought it was me.... whew back to RL till it's up
  4. Herf Augur

My favorite part of this is that apparently it's only the EQ login servers. Server status lists the servers as up (which supposedly they are) but last status was 3 hours ago (when this started.)

All the other DayPaw games are up with status current as of 3 minutes ago.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not difficult.

Its called a line of communication. IT has to take time to inform community reps who would then inform us.

You don't think community reps have access to this info unless they are given it by IT do you? The devs often don't even have access to IT stuff unless they tell them.

There are many of us still in the game.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

And no mention in red of a potential problem.
    Dilquan and Gutz/Azrrox like this.
  7. DazedNConfused New Member

Is this real life in the year 2021? I love paying for games I can't play.
  8. MS01 New Member

I did open a ticket but the ticketing system is down on the weekends. This is likely why no dev. comments are given. I also see that on the server status there is a TEST server with a 1 minute response time while others are 3 hours. This implies they are working on it/aware of it.
    Grifti likes this.
  9. Furysinger New Member

how does that suggest they're working on it?
  10. Tegeras New Member

Or they use a different log in server
  11. Nukkel New Member

Yeah this is truly pathetic. People are brushing it off as "you signed up for this" but imagine if your only job, that you got paid for, was to make it so 25,000+ people could play the game they pay a combined millions monthly for OR at least type 3 sentences, maybe even 2 sentences, within 3 hours.

No matter how you want to slice this one, it is pathetic, stop making excuses for DBG
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Belkar_OotS Augur

I tried bypassing the login server... its not working for me. Anyone recall how to do it? I have the patchme in the path name.
  13. telezar Journeyman

Ok so its not just me then? Thank GOD I'm not alone in this boat anyone got a cup to start bailing?
  14. Mecrucio New Member

I was at the last hail to Brother Estle on "The Other Brother" HA when I lagged out and this started. :( Please for the sake of Mistmoore don't make me do that gods awful HA again.
  15. Dakanmer New Member

4 hours now and not even a word from Daybreak? are they sleeping off a hangover?
  16. Karousel New Member

I hope you are right.
    Others are saying they can't access those servers either, but it makes sense if devs are logging into them while working this out.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, how long have you been playing EQ? They're famous for lousy customer communication. So, yes, for Daybreak, this IS normal.

No word != not working on it.
  18. Kelthorg Lorekeeper

Or maybe it means the Test server is working and the other are not? Still no response or indication DB is even aware of the issue.
    Osteo.Bonegirl likes this.
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Always happens on the weekend!

Andarriel
    glaani 18 and Osteo.Bonegirl like this.
  20. zarcal Elder

My brother asked me if i wanted to go to the matinee of Nightmare Alley so i guess that's now the plan since it appears we are in for a long one
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.