Luclinite Horde Cube wants to make EVERYTHING want to grow

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sissruukk, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

Tonight I got my Luclinite Horde Cube, and man is it great. The only problem I see is that it wants to make EVERYTHING grow. In the description it says "Grow: Makes your target grow and appear more imposing." If you just right click on it to activate it without targeting anyone you see spell particles hit everything in sight. On top of this, it makes everyone in the group grow. It even made my venomous raptor grow (3 clicks to max its growth rate). While this is a fun item to have, I think by reading the description it is supposed to be single target only.
  2. Duder Augur

Where's this from? =D

Edit: VT
    Also, its AE grow so thats why it makes everything big =D
  3. Jondalar Augur

I think it should work outside of group.
    Duder, Covennx, Fenthen and 1 other person like this.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Yup, spell data they attached is group only AE, which is the same as Potion of Statue. Player cast Grow is Target Type: PC, Group Only.

Grow

Description
    1: Increase Player Size by 50%
    Details Raw Spell Data, Lucy Spell View
    Mana: 0
    Casting Time:
    Instant
    Recast Time: 0
    Fizzle Time:
    Range: 0
    Time of Day: Any
    AE Range:
    Blockable: Yes
    Focusable:
    Yes
    Dispellable: Yes
    Interruptable:
    Yes
    Target Type: AE PC v1
    Spell Type:
    Beneficial, Group Only
    Source: Live 09/07

5. Sissruukk Rogue One

I am fine with it being a group, but it shouldn't be growing my familiar or trying to spam everyone else with a "so and so tries to cast a spell on you." It even hits NPCs and mobs. Luckily it won't pull aggro (I did this in Shadow Valley to show it off, and particle effects hit every mob in a 200' radius).
  6. Sancus Augur

This is the best part about it, and not a bug. The only bug here is spell ID 12869 has a misleading description, which likely hasn't changed since the spell was created back in 2008.
  7. Qwalla Developer

Haha. I take full responsibility; this item is my baby. I do indeed specifically want AE grow. I don't intend to change anything about it unless there is a big, legitimate bug that negatively affects gameplay. Is it practical? Nah, not really. But I'm so thrilled to see some people having fun with it :)
    Duder, Tropi, Knifen and 9 others like this.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

Raid More: ENGAGE!!

@Bienu -- pixie banner as well, right?
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

I want that for my chest familiar.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Parmalice Journeyman

When I got my T-Rex illusion after completing TDS I would become a T-Rex, use a potion with this effect on it to become huge, then jump off of buildings in the tradeskill area in PoK right in front of people and scare them for an instant. Was pretty fun, and thank you!

Qwalla likes this.
  11. Viper1 Augur

I'm curious as to what the tradeskill usage is for this or was it not supposed to flagged as "used in tradeskills"?
  12. Qwalla Developer

It is not for tradeskills, I've fixed this on beta :) Wouldn't it be interesting if it were, though?
    Viper1 likes this.
  13. MageGuy MageGuy

Why AE though? Just curious.
  14. Qwalla Developer

Wanted my item to be a cheeky inverse of Umbracite Swarm Orb
    Duder, Knifen, Sancus and 4 others like this.
  15. Bienu New Member

So I appreciate the whimsy of this item, but if it isn't locked to group only it's an item that will 100% be used to troll the general population. It's already difficult enough to navigate guild lobby, use banks in PoK, use crafting stations in PoK, and use Caden in Pok for parcels. Add in triple grow on everyone in sight and these zones become even more unfriendly.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Soulbanshee Augur

It is, its bene group only, and AE v1 which is non-MGB-able (aka v2).
    Bienu likes this.
  17. zleski Augur

I truly hope there's some "hidden" recipe in the game that uses this item somehow.
  18. Coagagin Guild house cat

Perfect for those heavily populated lag piles next to the Teek brothers in PoK (Bristlebane).