Melee got the Raw end of the deal

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hurrikane, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Hurrikane Journeyman

Melee players got a very low boost from this expansion. Even being fully raid geared isn’t improving it much. Far better off switch mains to caster right now.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Where’d you get that ToL raid gear?
    IblisTheMage and Nennius like this.
  3. Nekk Augur

Apparently dd dps caster's got the biggest increase. Also, one day on beta some gm summoned a pet merchant that had all tol raid gear on it free, but the pet was invisible and was only up for a day.
  4. Malpheroth Elder

I just hope that they buffed caster nukes and not their sustain damage because quite frankly if I can’t see the mob’s hp move the wizard isn’t doing its job. I've included a log of what you might expect from a nonraiding wizard this xpac. I was a little bit behind the curve so I just hit 120 and only have 2 augs, almost no AAs. [IMG]
    Gangia and Coagagin like this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

I've felt things were an improvement for me so far.
    I have 0 new expansion raid gear to see how that will change my numbers on live.
    I assume new gear will crank things up to close to 11.
    Patience.
  6. Szilent Augur

these are not different things.

when you say this, do you mean you don't yet have the focus AAs? if you went to the new spells w/o focus AAs, you're in a 37% hole

Also I think what I expect of a non-raiding wizard this xpac is… not that. The wizard shown has 2/3 the fight time of all the others, and is being juxtaposed with ranger & rogue versus headshot/assassinate mobs. I'm not calling it, like, a fake parse or whatever; it is what you got in that hour of play. But it's what you got in that hour of play, not what should necessarily be expected of someone else playing a wizard for a similar hour.
    Wdor and Duder like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Your having a laugh, currently new spells are worse than old spells until casters can purchase focus augs (type 3s not in yet) and focus AAs, the old ones do not wok on the new spells. As a melee your AAs and augs do not stop working once you get a new weapon.

Caster nukes got a bigger boost than melee boosts, but that was to catch them up, time will tell if that boost was big enough.

Casters also suffer more with silence, stuns and running away emotes, melee lose a few swings casters lose a lot more due to the cast time of spells.

Currently if the group needs more DPS I rogue over wizzy.
    Wdor, Coagagin and Kalvenie like this.
  8. Roxas MM Augur

tbh i surely hope casters ( or at least, the nukers ) get a bigger boost then the melee dps.
    Kalvenie and Yinla like this.
  9. Alnitak Augur

I think it is just a Luclin thing. Insane named AC and resists, which disproportionally affects classes.
    While grinding trash in ME and UP I see typical dps numbers from my team (zerkers pulling ahead, casters falling behind, hybrids loitering in the middle.

But when we do heroic missions and fight mission nameds the picture changes: melee dps component gets greatly reduced, while spell dps is pulling ahead. Suddenly wizards and beastlords pull ahead of zerkers and knights. And even the shaman or the bard show up on the list as decent contributors.
    Absolute numbers are dismal for all, but zerkers' are reduced at a greater degree than casters'.

Also, it's interesting to note, pets' are pulling their weight fine and are almost immune to mission mechanics, so I guess pet classes will be welcomed to mission groups.
  10. Maedhros High King

I've said for years and I will again, on a level increase expansion the caster boosts should be the most significant because on the years when they dont get new spells there is heavy stagnation.
    Melee should only see a small boost on level increase expansions and then the next year when casters get stagnated the melee should level the playing field, and then take the premier spot on the 2nd non-level cap increase expansion when their weapons have gone far ahead.
    Then we go full circle and have another level increase expansion.

Also, give me a freakin break. Melee have OWNED the dps market since TDS.
    Necros for the last 2 years not withstanding.

Any melee crying about their dps and begrudging the casters getting a long LONG overdue boost are freakin pathetic.
    TLP Addict, Littlelegs, Yinla and 4 others like this.
  11. The real Sandaormo Augur

I agree, I'm switching to Mage I think. Anyone got a fast way to get to 120 and I will also need a guide for what buttons to push.
    Ozon and Hurrikane like this.
  12. Micker Augur

Casters get their new spells right away pretty much, you have to wait to get your raid weapons or TS weapons if you are a grouper, to see a decent upgrade in dps. They may jump up a bit closer temporarily, but you will pull away again, when you get the top tier weapons. I think even still, melee probably smokes casters for DPS. I bet a rogue or zerker with last expan weapons, still easily beats a wiz, with the new spells.
  13. Gnomeland Augur

On level up expansions: melee got the raw end of the deal, I'm switching to caster!

On no level up expansions: caster got the raw end of the deal, I'm switching to melee!

It's like clock work. Why don't you just level up both and switch between based on the expansion? Best of both worlds, right...
    Ozon, Wdor, code-zero and 2 others like this.
  14. Alnitak Augur

Enter the beastlord.
    Yinla and Grove like this.
  15. Angahran Augur

If you have CoV raid gear there is basically nothing to upgrade until the ToL raids comeout apart from a handful of augs
    You're better of keeping your Rk. III focused spells instead of switching to new 116+ spells until you buy the focuus AAs and the type 3 augs are added.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Cicelee Augur

Because of focus AA not until 120 and type 3 augments not in the game, casters are not experiencing their huge boosts until later. I am quite sure OP is not running around with a level 120 casters with max focus AA so soon in the expansion...
  17. Zarkdon Augur

Even melee have to be careful what abilities they upgrade from their 115 and lower ones. Melee have focuses AAs for combat disc and burns etc that wont work on new abilities right away.
  18. Sancus Augur

Am I missing something? I've had my focus AA maxed for a week. Obviously people progress at different rates, but it's awfully presumptuous to claim to be sure about the casters he's playing with.

No one has Type 3 augs yet, but most are of marginal importance.
    Littlelegs, Hurrikane and Szilent like this.
  19. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

You arent missing anything. It's the difference between those of us who pull 4-5 mobs at a time and down them each in 10-20 seconds versus the groups that solo pull and take 1-2 minutes to kill their mob. The later says exp sucks, the former having completed every achievement and progression quest is now level 120 and max AA (or at least all the useful ones) wonders what the other group is talking about.

And back to the original post, I'm not seeing the melee problems ... and our real dps boost doesnt come until raid weapons unlock, the extra 2 damage from the new augs is almost meaningless when you have an 800 damage weapon. For what its worth, melee have the exact same problems as casters in a new expansion, the new melee skills are downgrades until you buy the focus AA.
  20. Duder Augur

Just the first rank of the focus AA for the associated spells is all you need for the rk1 to be better than the rank3+type3's of the previous xpac.
    Coagagin and Petalonyx like this.