AA Auto-Grant?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It's a bug. It, unfortunately, takes a server down patch.
    Zunnoab, Vumad, Shindius and 12 others like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks for the response!
    Shindius and Fanra like this.
  3. Knighted Journeyman

Whew! :)
  4. Shindius Journeyman

So in theory it should be fixed in January?
  5. Nekk Augur

Speaking of a bug, necro 120 proclamation for blood spell is currently proccing to boost spells lvl 115 and below, instead of 120 and below. I would hope this is a bug and is intended to be fixed soon.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

You need to file a separate bug report on that if it does not already exist in Bug Reports
  7. Hegsheoshed Augur

I was thinking of something else but I thank you all for the correction and the subsequent attention. I'm going through a 3 1/2 month wait to get to an appointment to get a tooth pulled. I am close to luxating it myself and well details I am sure no one else wants to know. February is getting closer!
  8. Wuvarien Lorekeeper

When's the next server down patch?
    Vumad likes this.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

1/19
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Bobokin Augur

Is there a reason they can't do a midnight patch to resolve this and the known overseer bugs? Both issues are frustrating for many players.
  11. Bobokin Augur

Just to note, there are many casual players that timed Krono or All Access buys to this, and waiting on a patch means you missed their window.
  12. Micker Augur

Exactly, now they need to buy another month lol, they aren't stupid. Not sure how something that important, gets missed.
    Skrab likes this.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

And there are many players playing at that time who would prefer not to have an emergency patch unless it's actually an emergency.
  14. Cicelee Augur

Because midnight for you might be "7pm just got done with dinner time to play EQ" for others.

Also, you can still play EQ and kill mobs, quest, do missions, get loot, do TS, etc without auto grant AA and overseer. So these two bugs are just that- bugs. Not game breaking issues that require an emergency patch.
  15. Micker Augur

You can't stop playing EQ for a few hours, for a patch to fix, what a lot of people consider major issues? They already have the fix for overseers and the RoS auto aa, wouldn't take long. If you really need to play EQ every free minute, you might have a problem.
    Bobokin likes this.
  16. Moege Augur

They may have the fix but they probably need to invest significant time in actually building a release. Suspect the person that is able to do that is on vacation
    Bobokin likes this.
  17. Bobokin Augur

If you did a quest and the new lock out was 90 days, would you consider that game breaking? If you did missions, and you didn't get any loot or experience for them, would you consider that game breaking? If you are waiting on auto-grant to place banked AAs, would you consider a month and a half wait a little extreme?

Midnight PST is only 7 pm in the Solomon Islands and parts of Siberia. That is a week argument. What you really mean is it will force autobot groups offline in the middle of the night, and that could cost them some experience or coin.

Stop making lame excuses for not patching. Light this candle!
  18. Bobokin Augur

That is my guess, but they make emergency patches often at almost the drop of the hat, so hard difficult could it be?
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

And that right there is the original sin of releasing expansions just a few days before a major holiday season.

Releasing them in August or September, when there are no major holidays to deal with, would be so much better.
  20. Wuvarien Lorekeeper

The problem arises when you have a lvl105-110 and don’t want to spend AAs because you know it’ll just be a waste for when Autogrant hits. I currently have a 110 that if I put any AA will have this issue, so I’m left playing a “weakened” toon for almost a month. This isn’t the biggest of deals and I’ll get around it, just irritating.
    Fanra likes this.