Fixed Ring of Scale AAs Not Being Auto-Granted

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Fanra, Dec 7, 2021.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

I really think that autogrant is a feature we all expect each launch, and I also think it is a really good idea, so that people that come late to the party can level up and have some fun. It works.
    artery, Micker and Fanra like this.
  2. BoldarBlood New Member

This would be nice to see "fixed" if it's actually a bug and not a change in policy.
  3. chantty New Member

Any word on this? Were the AAs supposed to be auto granted like they have been with past expansions?
  4. random_pawn00 Journeyman

I hope it is soon. Having come back from a hiatus, I am trying to catch up. Besides deviation from the expectation established since 2014, the lack of official comment is not helping.

This is something that should have been caught and handled during beta. Also note, a number of Overseer missions only offer rewards through ToV. I typically do not take reeources, but I did see that missing in a number of missions.

Circling back to the autogrant topic, this seems to be indicative of a larger problem with content in general. The crazy amounts of AAs, the type 3 augments, the heroic AAs, multiple baby steps for gear, etc really take away from what made EQ fun and attractive back in the early years. /Soapbox off.
    artery likes this.
  5. Graves Elder

Confirmation one way or the other would be appreciated. At the moment I've very reluctant to buy any RoS aa's on any characters.
  6. chantty New Member

I’m also waiting for a response. Would be nice to hear a quick update on what’s going on with the auto grant aas.
  7. Hegsheoshed Augur

It's supposed to be that when there is a level increase it happens when that expansion with the level increase is released. When it is a new expansion and there is no level increase it happens 6 months later. Last year it auto granted the aa's after 6 months.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

No, Autogrant has historically always happened at launch. Expansions being flagged FTP have occured later in the year at the 4-6 month mark.
    Stephen51, Sancus and Fanra like this.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I beg to differ. You must be thinking about the Free to Play granting another expansion for free.

Claws of Veeshan was released December 8, 2020

[Tue Dec 08 15:11:03 2020] Welcome to EverQuest!
    [Tue Dec 08 15:11:04 2020] You have improved Innate Spell Resistance 28 at a cost of 0 ability points.
    [Tue Dec 08 15:11:04 2020] You have improved Innate Spell Resistance 29 at a cost of 0 ability points.
    [Tue Dec 08 15:11:04 2020] You have improved Innate Spell Resistance 30 at a cost of 0 ability points.
    [Tue Dec 08 15:11:04 2020] You have improved Innate Eminence 17 at a cost of 0 ability points.
    [Tue Dec 08 15:11:04 2020] You have improved Innate Eminence 18 at a cost of 0 ability points.
    [Tue Dec 08 15:11:04 2020] You have improved Innate Eminence 19 at a cost of 0 ability points.
    [Tue Dec 08 15:11:04 2020] You have improved Innate Eminence 20 at a cost of 0 ability points.
    [Tue Dec 08 15:11:04 2020] You have improved Innate Eminence 21 at a cost of 0 ability points.
    [Tue Dec 08 15:11:04 2020] You have improved Innate Eminence 22 at a cost of 0 ability points.
    [Tue Dec 08 15:11:04 2020] You have improved Innate Eminence 23 at a cost of 0 ability points.
    [Tue Dec 08 15:11:04 2020] You have improved Innate Eminence 24 at a cost of 0 ability points.
    [Tue Dec 08 15:11:04 2020] You have improved Innate Eminence 25 at a cost of 0 ability points.

I have five pages more of Auto-Grant AAs I can list that were given to me on December 8, 2020, but I think I've made my point.
    Stephen51 and Yinla like this.
  10. Stephen51 Augur

Even if what you say is correct. This IS an expansion with a level increase!
    Micker likes this.
  11. Micker Augur

Exactly, lol. They unlock some older content after like 6 months. Either way, they could at least let us know if this is a bug that will get fixed or a new policy to not give previous AAs on a new expansion launch. I'm waiting to go gold with several accounts, until I hear either way.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Mukkul and Carden like this.
  13. BoldarBlood New Member

What does "fixed internally" mean? Seems promising anyway...
  14. Jennre Band Leader

It means wait for the next patch, and it will probably be in it.
    BoldarBlood and Fanra like this.
  15. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

That means it is fixed on their internal staff server. From there it should, if no issues, go to the Test server for about two weeks and then to the Live servers at the next patch. Assuming all goes well.
    Varillian and BoldarBlood like this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

It means they possibly have a fix, but we won't know if it actually works until they patch it, which will likely be in January.
    BoldarBlood likes this.
  17. Sup Rog Elder

Tests servers? What's to test? That should be something easily testable internally, very quickly. They have done the same thing year after year.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Since it likely will wait for the next patch, and they patch the Test server with the upcoming patch first...
  19. random_pawn00 Journeyman

Surprised there hasn't been a normal patch yet since release of the expansion. Although we have heard a bit of heightened activity of suspensions/bans... Makes you wonder what else was missed during the testing.

Hope it comes soon.. I have been ghetto playing, avoiding AAs, until this auto grant thing gets fixed. Not easy, when a lot of rewards force you to take AA...
  20. Iuwene Augur

It is on Test now, at least according to Test patch message. So we will probably see it on live next week.
    Yinla likes this.