Dissapointment in the new spells

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greymantle, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Greymantle Augur

I was realy hoping this Exp would give us clear upgrades to our most popular spells. Instead we have to wait until Jan for the new T3 augs or try for RK3 s to make them an upgrade.
    Example dot: Ice burrow swarm rk3 + T3 aug is base dmg 29644. The new version blood beetal swarm is rk1 2795 rk2 is 29515, only an up grade at rk3 30253.
    Focus aa add a % to total so effect both the same.
  2. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I assume that you need to rebuy more ranks of the focus AA in order for it to even work on the new spell as well, correct?
    Warpeace likes this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yep. And another 200 AA for your synergy to work with the new spell/ability that triggers it.

The focus abilities are crappy design. They should work on a spell line, not individual spells in that line.
  4. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Result of the nuke/dot rebalance, they nerfed all new dots and boosted all new nukes instead of just fixing wizard.
    Vizier likes this.
  5. Raccoo Augur

The formula for type 3 augs for dots, is somewhat more complicated.

What I recall the formula being is
    damage on aug divided by (number of ticks minus one)

Increase Spell Damage by 2220 for the type 3 aug, so...
    2220/(10-1)
    2220/9

247 per tick added from aug
    27424+247=27671 damage base for Ice Burrower Swarm with type 3 aug.

Ice Burrower Swarm Rk. III
    Classes: RNG/111
    Duration: 60s+ (10 ticks)
    1: Decrease Current HP by 27424 per tick

My biggest gripe about the changes they made to dots is that when they do this, they almost always forget to lower the mana cost as well.
  6. Elemental Augur

Love everything about this new expansion! Pvp has been crazy since expansion drop
  7. Kingbeastly New Member

hey atleast you have spells test server hasnt got them yet still