Introducing Davin, former Disciple of Luclin

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TarewMarrForever, Nov 20, 2021.

1. TarewMarrForever Augur

"Hail, adventurer! The names Davin. Sorry I was away for a bit, but once our Priests of Luclin started working for free, it pretty much killed the Soulstone trade as you can imagine. It took some time for me to figure out what to do, but I heard the Parcel trade is booming, so I'm back, baby!"

Pretty please, with sugar on top? :)
    Duder and CatsPaws like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

3. TarewMarrForever Augur

Do you know if it has Parcels tab as well?!?!?

Wait, is a "Reagent" vendor the Distiller vendor (which would be great), or just the same vendor as Resupply Agent that has certain gems, coffins, axe components, etc?

Because if so that's not really helpful, unless it also has a Parcels tab. ;-)
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Having more merchants for players to sell to rather than having everyone bunch up around the Magus is most definitely helpful.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  5. TarewMarrForever Augur

THANK YOU!
    THANK YOU!!
    THANK YOU!!!

I have been asking for a parcel merchant in GL for YEARS.

While he's unnamed, but I'm calling him Davin! :p

Also, I don't know if this is intentional, but his stock items seem on short-supply. Instead of infinite quantity, he has 100 of each. I'll write it up in Bug Reports just in case. On Drinal, his Iron Rations and Water are already gone.

Regardless....WELL DONE!
    Whoops likes this.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This is actually a beneficial thing, right? Most of the player requests for returning the soulstone vendors to GL were for the purpose of vendor diving for tradeskill items. If the vendor's stock supply runs out, that's just more room for vendor dive items.
  7. TarewMarrForever Augur

I can see the value for most items, but not Iron Rations, Water, and Tiny Coffins. The necessities should be infinite.

Are there any other vendors that work this way? I'm very curious to know if this was by design, or is a bug.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Having more merchants in the lobby (especially parcel merchants) is definitely a good thing.

Giving them limited stock items is kinda...strange...since people who dumpster dive the merchants could just buy out everything to make more room for other crap. Having them with normal, infinite stock on those items...or having completely empty stock...would make more sense.

But this is Daybreak we're talking about...logic rarely lives there.:D
    Shindius likes this.
  9. Qwalla Developer

Okay, okay. You guys caught me red-handed :oops: This was my first time putting a merchant into the game and I maybe definitely have given him the same goods as a resupply agent (which has 100 of each). But I'm so happy to hear that the parcels tab is well-received! I'm one happy koala!
    (Sure, let's pretend his name is Davin. Why not?)

This is indeed the reason for bringing him back.
    Shindius, slatil, Kalvenie and 11 others like this.
  10. Qwalla Developer

[IMG]
    Celephane, slatil, Vumad and 9 others like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

You're new...you get a pass. :cool:
  12. Alaras New Member

For now......We're watching you Wachosky, always watching
    slatil likes this.
  13. Catashe Augur

well its not making the game crash nonstop so your already one step ahead of the others ;)
    Elyssanda likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Didn't notice what they were selling, I got distracted by the parcel tab. :)

Any chance of having the banner and campfire items added, pretty please.
  15. Aanuvane Augur

Thank you for putting vendors back in those spots and double thank you for making them parcel vendors too.
    Rondor and Qwalla like this.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

LOL I was so happy to see them that I did not even notice they were parcel capable also!!! Nothing in the name like in the baz and other places it will say "whatever and parcel vendor" over their head.

But this is excellent! thank you for listening to the masses.
    Qwalla and Yinla like this.
  17. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

This was a Qwalla-ity change thank you!!!!!!
    Szilent, slatil, Shindius and 4 others like this.
  18. Kalvenie Elder

You win. You won EQ Forum Quest! :D loling
  19. Soltara Augur

Can you set this NPC to populate in GoD or OoW on TLP servers? :)

Thank you for adding the gnome back in!
    Rondor likes this.