Thanksgiving Bonus?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gishmail, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Gishmail Journeyman

Anyone know if we're getting an exp bonus for Thanksgiving? It is usually the day prior, but I have not seen any announcements.
  2. Machen New Member

Last year was the 25-30th, bonus rare and xp and dbg store discount. They don't ever change those things, just adjust the dates, so I'd be shocked if it were anything different.
    Shindius and Barton like this.
  3. Barton The Mischievous

Yup and they did not post the announcement till the 24th so.. We probably won't get an announcement until then(the day before)
    Shindius likes this.
  4. Gishmail Journeyman

Gotcha. Seems aside from that they usually announce these things a week or so prior. Anyhow just checking to see if I missed something somewhere since they already said the bags will go on sell beginning 11/25/21 in the patch notes.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

Google everquest thanksgiving 2020, change the dates to suit this years thanksgiving weekend, days and bonuses will be exactly the same.

The announcement will come at the same time it does every other year also, right at the last minute.
    Skuz and Shindius like this.
  6. Risiko Augur

Yeah I figure it will be announced and turned on tomorrow.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

Last year the post was the day before the bonus. Doesn't look like we will get that this year.
  8. Elite_raider Augur

Hopefully they are delaying the bonus until the PoP launch on the new TLP's
  9. Piznut Angry Gnome

It just went live 22 minutes ago.
    minimind likes this.
  10. Azurefrost Elder

Anyone know the percentage bonus? I still don't see official posting on this. And also don't see any dbg discount like someone mentioned.
  11. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

As mentioned above, this doesn't typically change. Should be 50% bonus to exp, rares and faction based off of 2020 and prior years. Maybe the bag stuff has a different date range. They didn't line up perfectly in the past.
  12. Nolick Chapped up

If I remember correctly, exp bonuses and such were not offered to us on EVERY Thanksgiving holiday.

I will say now, as a recently returning player who plans to keep playing, I am extremely grateful for the bonuses especially with the next expac coming out so soon. This will help me and many others to grind out some last minute exp goals and I am very happy.

I know most of us get wrapped around the negative far too often and sometimes we need to step back and take an inventory of just what this game offers most of us.

Thank you Daybreak and thank you to the loyal player base that continues to keep this addiction alive : )
    Herf likes this.
  13. TarewMarrForever Augur

So, this is live now, despite no announcement that I can see in either the forums, or website, or Launcher, or Twitter, or Facebook page, or...

Mind you I'm not complaining; it's just odd. Maybe I overlooked it? I saw the Bags ad last week, but it didn't say anything about the Bonus.

Until I hear differently, I'm going to assume that this will run until Tuesday, the 30th, 3AM ET. But, a confirmation would be nice...
  14. Falien New Member

Check the ingame /calendar
  15. Gnothappening Augur

I didn't see that yesterday and I checked the calendar. Also, you only get the % when they do an official announcement.
  16. KimchiGoddess Augur

It's Christmas we won't have an XP bonus for, because they refuse to give one after dropping a new expansion and they only drop new expansions around Christmas ... instead of like a random month that never gets an xp bonus anyway.