Deleted toons HELP!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nebulosity, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Nebulosity New Member

Some of are guildies are experiencing there characters missing!/deleted from character select screen - this are main characters from 20+ years. they have petition daybreak about the issue, and they are saying they can't help them! Can some on investigate this a little bit more to see what's happening... I can't imagine daybreak/dark paw games not assisting this customers they've been with you sense the beginning what the hell is going on?
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

It would be best if they posted. Also, include the reply to the petition (remove any personal information) here so we can see exactly what is happening.

Details, Watson, details.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Did their accounts not get paid? Was mention of accounts going to Silver or Free cause folks didn't pay the krono and lost character slots that way
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Sounds like you ticked off the wrong person you had shared account info with, or had PMed info to people on a forum that wasn't secure.
  5. matouoli Elder

might be shared info, we all know we should not do this , even with friends, these players 4 or 6, raiders , got transferred to firiona vie that i heard , since we can sell the raid gears there .

it is not the 1st time we heard about that, and FV is special for that .

why not having a delay from transferring a toon to FV , and get an e-mail from DB to warn us that we going to have a toon from our account to be transferred to FV , we would have some time to call DB if it is not us doing it .

again FV could be the only server to have some kind of delay for a server transfer ,since it is a no way back server.

and yeah i know, we should not share account 's info .
    tanith, Duder and WFSBelaar like this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Lol

Then they probably lost money transferring to FV to sell their raid gear with how much is in circulation here.
    Svann2 likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I logged onto luclin server to see if my oldest char was still around (havent logged him on in 20 yrs) and low and behold he was actually still there. I always though after a super long time they would delete chars.

Andarriel
  8. Drakang Augur

I know a few of the people that got hacked. Does sound like information got shared to the wrong person who thought they would make some money.

If Daybreak coded it so items taken to FV on a character could not be traded it would have helped prevent the issue. But then the person could have just taken all their money and actually deleted the toons.

Given it happened to about 8 people all at the same time it should be easy for Daybreak to see what happened and at least move the characters back to The Rathe server even if they don't give them their gear back.
    tanith and Duder like this.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

The players need to be a way to get deleted characters back.
    I have deleted myself a main character because I was very tired and not paying attention. There needs to be a res token you can buy, and a email click here to delete this character.
    It is too easy to delete the character now as it is a simple fill in the blank method.
    GM's used to give back your character but they claim they don't have the tools. It is still able to be done. . GM just won't.
    When you think about it, all your money and time is all about the character you deleted. Why do it...why play if you lose that ONE small feature of getting back a deleted character if you delete it. You lose everything.
    It really is stupid.
  10. Warpeace Augur

What? So you mistakenly typed in that characters name to delete it? Not buying it.

That's a lot more effort than it use to be to "accidently" delete a character.
    Winnowyl and Kaenneth like this.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

That is correct, I was too tired and thought it was asking me for the password for some reason.
  12. Drakang Augur

In this case the toons were not deleted. Just moved to FV and stripped.
  13. atchoom Lorekeeper

deleting or transferring ( high level toons ) is not something we doing everyday and should have some delay ( specially if it is to transfer to firiona vie ). and we should have a warning to our e-mail .

with all the years we put into some chars , since 1999 , i think i would stop to play if my * main * toon that i play since 1999 got deleted.
  14. KermittheFroglok Augur

All my accounts are lifetime so it's been awhile since I've accidentally let an account payment source expire & my subscription lapse. But my recollection is that the login screen showed the characters in excess of my 4 silver slots, they just were essentially shaded a little different and you couldn't select them.

1) Are you sure you are on the correct account? I had a somewhat similar experience and discovered I had a second account I forgot about setting up.

2) What level were your toons, where they all in the 20's? I remember SOE use to occasionally purge all inactive toons under either 15 or 20 (not sure which).

Unfortunately, it's very rare these days for DBG to recover old toons. The handful of times I've heard of them even being able to do it involved them having backups archived from recent server or account transfers. The GM's tend to avoid manipulating toon data & reverting transfers/deletions due to abuses that occurred in the very very early TLP days. Also you'll need to subscribe just to get this type of ticket looked at.

The good news is, 20+ years ago is like up to Luclin, rerolling a new toon & catching up to 50's could easily be done in a week or a couple weekends. (Really a day if you have someone help with power leveling.) 20+ years ago gear is obsolete compared to todays low level defiant random drop & consigned quest gear. If you subscribe, by level 55 all of your AA's would be auto-granted, your new toon would actually have more AA"s than you old toon. (There's a new catchup feature that grants toons past expansions AA's as they level up to a little bit before endgame)

Honestly, if you start now & hit the ground running with a casual family friendly guild, you could probably be level 30-40ish with or near max level class stats by the time a GM gets back to you. Shoot me a PM if you decide to reroll on Vox and I can hook you up with some plat & staple defiant gear.

If you're not returning, all you and your guildies can do is submit a ticket, you need to be subscribed for that. If the GM's see it was a manual user triggered deletion, it's unlikely they'll help. If there's a systemic issue, they'd do a rollback, but... if there were a systemic issue with toons being deleted we'd all know by now.

Edit/Context: In this response, I'm trying to give the OP the benefit of the doubt on the whole "shared info" thing, but that requires me to assume the OP & their friends are returning & hit with a purge. Semi-reasonable assumption because they have never been on the modern forums & only have one post.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I was talking about this recent bug
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...cy-maintenance-downtimes.279044/#post-4083123

As OP said it is a few of his guildies are having it occur, I don't think this is a returning account or a "accidentally" deleted character while drunk - it appears related to the bug linked
  16. matouoli Elder

they are ( were ) active raiding toons lv 115, and some had the evolving tradeskill earring maxed , same for the high stats tradeskill augm . -------------->>> a lot of time invested

they are not anymore on the guild roster.
  17. Razorfall Augur

I don't see why they don't just stop allowing people to transfer to FV. It's not like they're hurting for people and they can't leave once they're there anyway XD
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So now that we have all the info, we see:

Not a returning account(s)
    Not a mistake while typing in the name of the character to delete
    Not a purge
    Not the recent bug

And were apparently Just moved to FV and stripped.

Are they on FV - I mean if you log on to that server do you see them? Or is that an assumption also?

Bottom line is CS will not help. They have never assisted when accounts have been hacked this way. It really sooks but I can see the other side of it having worked in a similar online company
  19. Belkar_OotS Augur

Did you find a root cause? I have only heard it happening to people in one guild and their website seems to be down.

Would seem like an internal job to me. Too many people trusted someone. But I suppose if there are a lot of people using illicit software or paying for PL/services that could be a thing? Moral of the story probably looks something like, "Don't give your account information to anyone."

It clearly sucks, but for what it is worth, FV has several very good guilds, and getting a character up to functional levels isn't too huge a task these days, and we have 5 days of double experience as of right now.

I have seriously considered transferring to FV in the past, and I would hate for that option to be removed because of others poor choices. The powers that be probably should look into some of those "phone based confirmation" style verifications though in the future which were discussed in other threads.
  20. dilriel New Member

Hi folks.
    Earlier someone commented that customer service will not help. What I don't understand is why wouldn't they help. This is not some brand new game with millions of new players joining every month. These people that had their accounts ruined are all players with accounts over 20 years old. These are all players that will probably still be playing for years to come. Most players on Everquest these days have been on Norrath and points beyond for years. Why wouldn't Daybreak help some loyal customers when they really need it? How can they not help? We have been part of this online community for years and will continue to grind out xp for years to come God willing.
    Daybreak has the power to fix this. I hope they realize that it would be the decent thing to do. I know that if I were to lose my main, have him banished the zone of no return that is FV, that I would probably quit EQ and move on. I don't know what these players that got burned will do if there is no remedy to their situation, but I hope we don't lose another half-dozen players that have walked the 10000 pixellated miles with the rest of us together.
    Jeevus
    tanith likes this.