Emergency Maint

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zarkdon, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Zarkdon Augur

I hate to complain, but it is incredibly irritating losing weekend EverQuest time. Are we anticipating this being an ongoing thing or are we about done with it?
    Fenthen, NeverPayForLag and Ozon like this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's highly unusual.

1. I think a clearer explanation would help: e.g. we've idenitified a memory leak, servicer downtime, etc.

2. Announce some sort of bonus: 25% bonus xp and named next week.
    Neceros likes this.
  3. HekkHekkHekk Augur

See y'all on FF XIV
    Fenthen, Duder and Skrab like this.
  4. Gremin Augur

I just posted in TLP basically same thing. It is a pita stopping and going, establishing your pull spot etc.
  5. Herf Augur

All I can really say at this point is :(

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!/insert image of the Joker laughing here.
  6. dagnarus New Member

It is Thanks Giving there will already be a bonus
  7. Herf Augur

Unless we keep having emergency maintenances through the bonus period :)
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Lucious New Member

LEAst

Im thinking ALL accounts should log on and have at least 1 Big XP potion to use at our convenience .
    Get with it , its a 20+ year old game should be able to fix it in your Sleep.
  9. Shaiken Journeyman

2 hours, ouch.... I was also in the middle of an event that rewards Krono :mad:
    Eteract likes this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Speaking for myself, I would like a box of donuts with sprinkles on top. But in-game, I would just like to be able to play. My family is out of town. I have time to play. I NEED to play! What, there is something good on T.V.? And I can go outside too? There are other things to do? Ahhh All is well.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Yet another pet vaporized. Thanks Daybreak for destroying my precious pet. It was equipped with conflagrant armor which I made and a few other goodies that I farmed. :eek::(:eek:
    Neceros likes this.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I believe you have the exact opposite of the problem. It's a 20+ year old game, with code that is 20+ years old. That is far worse than a 1+ year old game.

It's like trying to keep in top shape a B-17 bomber (1938) still doing combat missions, while missing half the maintenance documents, and a maintenance crew that was trained on the B-2 (1997) bomber.
  13. johntherob Journeyman

An emergency patch to fix the emergency patch to fix the patch we ran to fix the last patch...Just roll the darn servers back to Tuesday please
    Eteract likes this.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

LOL.

Why is it so satisfying to listen to the TLP gang whine? They are on TLP for that quintessential EverQuest Classic experience. You want it? You got it! Server down. Server up. Server down. Server up.

This is EverQuest!
    tanith, Shaiken, Andarriel and 2 others like this.
  15. Senliten New Member

Ahhh, the endless cycle of Prae, EQ, downtime, Prae.
    gearing blu, and downtime here isn't torture enough clearly. lol
  16. NeverPayForLag Augur

Like the Bavarian Oktoberfest Style - you don't need the translation of the text, simply look at the people, what they doing - they are simulating the EQ server mentality the last days...

17. Nennius Curmudgeon

18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

So this is the going to 64 bit process?

Andarriel
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There may be some of that. My guess is much of the downtime is caused by the game update earlier in the week.
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Like a lot of people know, there are major real estate issues happening. With homes and guild halls. More than one person has lost homes. Several lost many. Up to 21 from a single person, according to another post. Anyone who knows this person knows it is real. Nearly all items were lost too. Not just junk items used for decoration, but old LoN items, trophies, Marketplace items, beta rewards, and various paintings and teleport devices etc.

It also happened to our palatial guild hall. After the initial patch, poof! everything inside the hall was gone. Outside was not affected for some reason. We were lucky, I guess, that we got to keep the building. There were thousands of items, placed over many years. Just gone. LIke all of the above mentioned items, and all of the NPCs such as bankers, and merchants.

I know the vast majority of players were unscathed. But, keep in mind, if this happens again, you or your guild could be dealing with this. No one wants to lose hard earned items, and go through the process of getting them back. It isn't automatic, especially when it's over 3000 items, as one account lost. Consider yourself lucky, and cross your fingers for next time, because things like this will continue to happen with this ancient game we all love. This isn't something fixable with the press of a key or the flip of a switch. I know everyone's playtime is valuable, and limited in some cases. These problems are not sentient, as you should know. They don't plan their happening around anyone's playtime. Be patient. At least the days of 24-48 hour downtimes seem to be long past.

I know with 100% certainty this problem is being addressed, as Niente was parked in our guild hall yesterday on more than one occasion. For many hours, including many hours after Friday quitting time, late into the night. I want to thank her and whoever else is involved. Echoes In Eternity does appreciate the attention our problem is receiving.
    Fanra and Thunderkiks like this.