Be mischievous! Release BERSERKER with PoP!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kalipto, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Kalipto Augur

Yes, that's right. It'd be pretty mischievous if DBG released the berserker in the pop era. Sure, their weapon choice wouldn't be that good. But their AA's in POP would off set it enough.

Anyway, just thought it'd be cool. I know I'm wrong. I'll take my beating now.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Chances of this happening 0 or less.
    Xanadas and Fenthen like this.
  3. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Upon reading this the devs have decided to withhold the zerker class until after DoN, to be mischievous.
    Duder, Fenthen and Skuz like this.
  4. Gnothappening Augur

Pretty sure anything that unlocks is set before the server goes live. Then everything is on autopilot. They would probably have to code something special to make zerker available earlier.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yep would need code to tie the class to a different expansion.
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Or.....

Maybe....

Elder Scrolls online sells a perk for any race any class.

There's a perk sales opportunity if I ever saw one.
    Thewiz likes this.
  7. Thewiz Augur

Man I wish!
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

FTFY
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Me too.

Crescent Reach even breaks the faction ickiness of a dark elf druid.

It's all there.

How can they NOT be selling this already?

also-

for the record

I think I might have rolled the first wood elf beastlord on Trakanon back when trak was a ghost town. I voted Barbarian Paladin then.

That's a perk actually worth paying for.
  10. Nolrog Augur

"Chances of this happening 0 or less." to quote Skuz. Some character models don't have the animations to support this and I think some can't wear certain armor.
    Skuz and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

something something 64 bit client, something something, devs gotta dev and artists gotta eat.

Or can a game company not overcome a character model? Like, they're in business and all still right? ;-)
    Thewiz likes this.
  12. Thewiz Augur

I am sure they can make this happen. But will they? Probably not but I can dream.
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

and why is the answer always basically NO, that would take....coding.

Learn to code ;p
  14. Tintaglia Elder

So the one reason I can see why they wouldn't add the zerker, assuming they could, would be because of the epic. What they CAN do, is hybrid classes for halflings and gnomes, add frogloks and froggy monk, as well as wood elf beastlord, whenever they launch a new TLP. Still gotta leave vah shir on the moon til Luclin though.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They would likely need to make all new models and players would complain about that.
    Nolrog and Skuz like this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The way I understand things this is 100% correct.

At some point in time the original files for the creation of the Luclin and the classic models were lost, had they still got those then they could have made alterations, updates to then allow for the ones without the right animations to be given them, the ones without robe graphics to get them etc.

So they would have to completely rebuild every single player model in the game from scratch, so that's 64 models (Male & Female of all 16 races for classic & luclin versions) - before recreating all of their texture maps and animations, they maybe still have the Drakkin files but not the rest, and the Drakkin could use better animation anyway.

To avoid doing all that they may as well just keep what they have already and build player character models version 3 and that's not worth doing without a graphics engine update anyway.
  17. Tyranthraxus Grognard

How dare you?! We barbarians always wear our robes, their just shorter, and topless!
  18. Tintaglia Elder

Just code robes to show as cloth or leather armor on race/class that can't use robes. No need to make new models, or animations. Cloth and leather are already in the game for them.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Pretty sure it isn't that simple and people would complain even if it was.
  20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I am quite unclear what you are all talking about.

All race/classes have a robe model and animations.

Get a cloth shirt and put robe ornament in it.

Want to keep that look while wearing actual armor? Use the illusion trick.