New shard patch dropping off other mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shalka, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Shalka Lorekeeper

These Lucid Shards look like rings and have the Lore name of the shard.... its stackable and looks nothing like a brown stick.... anyone else noticing this?>
  2. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Sounds like we need some sort of @dev confirmation if this will work? Some are saying the key quest is now broken.
  3. Justaguy New Member

they arent compatible with old shards either so be ready to refarm it all
  4. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

So are regular shards now out of the game? How hard was it to copy what they did for VP lol. Just make the same mobs drop like a bunch of random shards.
  5. Protocol Dragon Defender

Even with ten new “rings” they don’t combine so the new ones are actually fully broken at this time.
    Indigo_Quarmite likes this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

How can a bug that simple make it all the way to Live?
  7. ViciousEQ Elder

Ngreth posted in Discord that this is a mistake and being fixed. No timeline that I've seen yet but he may have posted more not sure.
    Iyacc likes this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There was a mistake as it seems it had been revamped at some point in the past and the devs used the original data and it was not caught by players testing it on the test server.

This is according to Ngreth who tried to explain it on the discord.
  9. Yarteb Elder

It's mentioned elsewhere but, on Mischief, the original mobs still drop the original shards. The "new shards" are not functional in the quest. Were any of the players who tested the changes on "test" familiar with the quest, as in did they try the next step to combine? All this is after the fact but:
    1. Ok, the new pieces drop!
    2. Do they function in the quest? Hmm?
    I am not trying to heap blame on the devs, rather just suggesting that taking that additional step to see that changes will function in the game will bring better results and happier customers.
  10. Triconix Augur

They are for the new expansion
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It'd be really cool if the new Luclin expansion(s) had you recreate the Talisman of Akelha Ra (the original VT key). It was such a bummer that it was revamped yet the info/lore for it was left in.. and that they revamped it due to a bunch of whiners, rather than just fixing the broken step. If they do more than one Luclin theme, have the Talisman of Akelha Ra upgrade with any further releases.

For the uninitiated, you originally got a box and had to find the 10 silver links, then went to the AR portion to talk to Akelha Ra, getting the 2-slot container for a glowing orb of luclinite and a Shadowed Sphere (later renamed to A Celestial Rift). It had some issues, hence no one getting keyed for a while and rumors of VT not being complete.

The first revamp nixed the original quest and started out in AR to get the scepter frame, then collecting the 10 shards, combining it to make the 2-slot scepter which also needed a Celestial Rift and glowing orb of luclinite.

It was then changed again (mildly) to change the Celestial Rift to a Planar Rift, removing the gatecaller item and adding in all of the Shissar Wraiths that spawn on Emp's death.

It's pretty odd how some of the items were reused, some where purged from the DB and some were left in. I can't say for sure that these are the OG links or (as Triconix says) for the new expansion. They do have the same icon and the same lore tags, but it's all possible... since unadorned medallion is new ;)
    Rondor likes this.
  12. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Keep in mind the vex thal key quest that we know now didn't exist when Luclin originally launched. There was a great deal of beating heads against walls trying to find 10 links to make a necklace based on some lore text found in Umbral as I recall, stands to reason those 10 rings were meant for the original quest before it got redesigned into the lucid shards quest.

edit: I see Wyre posted while I was trying to remember :)
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  13. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Yeah and my recollection is shaky at best.

What I know for sure was: 10 silver links. 1 box to combine. Elysian skull quest (and/or killing misc mobs) for faction. I got my box from turning in the skulls (was a druid so was kiting Elysians anyway).

I know the glowing orbs of Luclinite and the Shadow Sphere/Celestial Rift/Planar Rift stuff.

It was getting from point A to point R that was the big mystery.

One of the lost bits of Shadows of Luclin lore(?) is the whisperlings. You know.. that faction that does nothing in game now except let you turn in the soul gem from AHR? Yeah.. there were (are?) whisperlings all over Luclin and you had to be in the right place at the right time (you can't tell time on Luclin) with an empty target and speak the correct phrase.

AFAIK, there are only 3 portions of this left and only 2 "physical" whisperlings left in the game? One is in Shar Vhal and you can do a quest to bind Siver to the mortal realm + binding Scorpialis (from a different quest). I don't thinhk those were related to the VT key itself, rather a lore/intro to whisperlings. The other one stands in the mushroom ring with Vah Karrath and still tries to lead you into the OG key quest.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.