Just curious...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kolaisa, Oct 20, 2021.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, now you have to have an All Access at character creation to choose your home city.

Any others get defaulted to Cresent Reach

What I mentioned did not happen to everyone when Silver was applied to old accounts, just 80% of them lol. Most had no problem and still had same home city. All of mine kept the right city.
    demi likes this.
  2. Phiyre Augur

I am silver (started playing late 99) and have 8 character slots. Also better mercs available than the f2p.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  3. Phiyre Augur

I never "paid" for silver.. I was an original player from '99 and played/paid until early/mid 2005 I think it was. Didn't log in for probably a good 10+ years and came back to a "silver" account.
    Stymie likes this.
  4. Kolaisa Elder

I dont remembr the year, just the expac, LDON because I ran a TON of them back then, played thru TSS and then quit until just before ToV came out. I've never had silver access. Playing back in Ldon and thru TSS, the only way to play was sub. Did you ever buy silver or have a paid sub when they offered silver?
  5. Numiko Augur

Yes I think they changed that a few years ago. I think they have made it so any old account is now silver...

I recently did an account recovery on an old email account and was surprised to see some accounts that were from 2000-2002 that I had totally forgotten about.

I reset the passwords on them and logged them in for the first time in 20 years, found no characters of course but when I created a new one it was silver!

These accounts were never subscribed and have been dormant for 18-20 years.
  6. Kolaisa Elder

Like Ive been trying to say, my account was from 2003 thru 2006, maybe 2007, then I quit. I might have played a few weeks or a month very sporadically in there, I know from 2008 thru 2019 I was NOT playing at all. From 03-06, the only way to play the game was to sub, there was no f2p or anything else.

I just renewed a paid account (I let it lapse 1 day), and during that 1 day the account returned to f2p status. I could not wear prestige, 250 AA (I have over 30k earned), couldnt use a trader or anything else f2p can't do. During this time the account was not listed as silver, or anything above free to play. Explain?
  7. quakedragon Augur

You should put in a petition
  8. Dharken Elder

As of last night I can confirm there are still issues on the Flagging tiers that come from going AA and then reverting.

I have accounts from 99/2000 that are silver, they were logged in during the silver phase and retained it. I then have several accounts that were started in the "Purchase all access once, and maintain silver if you unsubscribe"

The issue I can follow is I have 2 accounts created on the same day, and both had a krono clicked.
    One is labeled Free to Play 4 character slots and has access to general.
    One is Free to Play, 2 Character slots, no access to general.
    They both have some 20k AAs, so they had to be All access at some point after their creation but they dont retain the same rights.
  9. Kolaisa Elder

It does seem wierd, but like I said earlier, it doesn't really matter how you get silver, Im still going to be all access or not play. I dont want to play a character that has what it does only to have it severely gimped going f2p.

The whole point of this thread was to explain what silver and gold were since I had seen them talked about so much, and I got that.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Some they messed up my Vah Shir Zerker is not longer Shir Val but instead goes to North Karana at the Gypsie camp, never figured out how to get it changed.
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

the command used to be /setstartcity cityname but it only worked on characters that predated TSS expac. and kitties live in Shar Vahl, so if you can reset it, make sure to spell it right or it will fail
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Captain Video Augur

I tried to answer you about this in a previous post. It's a bug. Many other players had the same experience when they returned to play after an absence when the game first launched its F2P. If you weren't around then you would not have seen all the discussion about it. Open a ticket before you give up.
  13. Kolaisa Elder

Its really isnt a big deal. I was just curious what they were, then curious/bored from patch on why my account wasnt silver, but tbh Im not at all worried about it.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Stymie Pendragon

Having an A5 merc is a nice perk to have if you can get Silver again for when you're FTP. I notice a difference when I don't have it.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Where's the fun in that? ;)
  16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

people who had all access lapsed accounts when Free to Play became a thing got "silver" accounts. It was never a purchase status, it was a relegation status to account for Lapsed accounts that had more AA etcc than F2P caps.

3 accts have this as I was afk when F2P landed.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

J2 mercs default on silver, J5 still disallowed, even if you already had it. /rude.

Do the J5 quest, get the merc, period it should be.
  18. Captain Video Augur

No, there were other ways for an account to gain Silver status. A brand new player could buy a Silver unlocker in the Marketplace for $5. Any other Marketplace purchase of $5 or more would automatically grant the account Silver status if it didn't have that already.

No, A5 is the cap on Silver accounts and always has been. Even on an All-Access account, you only get J1 by default; rank unlocks for J2-J5 are all quested.
    Stymie and Shindius like this.