New EverQuest Perks

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Once you said adblock Nolrog, I remembered I have one on my firefox, so I turned it off for EQ website, and was able to get my 4 bag slots, 2 for Ely, 2 for Kata.. I am happy now with 84 new inventory slots per bard =)
    code-zero and Yinla like this.
  2. Solidude Apprentice

Chiming in that if you are a yearly sub, the perks are prorated for the remaining duration of your subscription and the new yearly price reflects the added perks.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  3. strongbus Augur

ya my wife found this out other day. she wanted to try out one of the perks but found out she couldn't do a one month trail as to speak lol.
  4. Nolick Chapped up

I have yearly all access on my accounts and they just renewed in August. I tried to get the perks and it keeps saying I need an all access account lol. Everquest is still Everbuggy

It just occurred to me that its possible that I cannot get it right now due to the maintenance downtime today? I will try again later after the update.
  5. TarewMarrForever Augur

Personally, I could not care less that this is *slightly* PtW. And it is quite slight. Will that be a slippery slope? Maybe. Maybe not. If it doesn't do well, it will not. If it does well, it will.

You vote with your dollars, and your vote matters. If this withers and dies on the vine, it'll be the end of it. If it doesn't, it means people wanted it, and it was a good thing if it adds to Daybreak's bottom line.

Honestly, my bigger concern here is what this means for the state of the game and it's revenue generation, overall, if they're willing to go this route. And to that point, if it *does* wither and die on the vine, what does that mean for the *fate* of the game in the next year?

As somebody who lives and breathes in this industry, I can hear the convo now:

Exec: "Hey, remember those Lifetime Memberships? How do we monetize those folks more than the annual expansion?"

Product: "We introduce a *new* Monthly Sub, and keep it small-ish, like $3 to $5, so others who didn't go Lifetime may do it as well. Perks are popular. Let's do perks."

Designer: "Ugh. OK, but I can't think of *anything* we could offer that doesn't violate our game tentpoles."

Exec: "Tentpoles don't pay your salary"
  6. Nolick Chapped up

Ok. Im not sure if its an adblocker issue or browser issue but what failed on my default browser Chrome, succeeded on my much hated Edge browser. I was able to purchase the perks for my accounts and yes it prorated the rest of the year I subbed for till the end of my sub.
  7. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...scription-for-sale-again.254683/#post-3748181

I predicted that they would be realizing the full loss of annual income within 1.5-2.5 years of the Lifetime cash grab/sale at the end of 2018. And look at them now...
  8. Dharken Elder

So, is there any intention of making the perks properly purchasable?

If its a monthly gig, and I have a year subscription I shouldnt have to commit to a year of it. This seems broken and backwards. Another short sighted flaw I would guess.
    Nennius and Solidude like this.
  9. Solidude Apprentice

My sentiments as well. There was no choice.
  10. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

No, the 4000 lifetime subscriptions sold across the DBG environment isn't driving the addition of perks. The EQ people that spent $300 aren't you thrifty spenders. They're whales. They view their "savings" as more money to spend on various EQ items.

Perks are another annual development for continued monetization of the EQ franchise. Every year releases a new monetization feature, Dragon's Hoard, Overseer, Luck, Big Bag sales, shop integration, Crates.
  11. Crillan New Member

What happens if you buy the Merchant perk to get the extra inventory slot, but then stop paying for the perk? What happens to the bag and all the items in that inventory slot?
  12. Riou EQResource

It is still there you just cant use it, you can pull the stuff off still to the regular inventory
    Crillan likes this.
  13. Crillan New Member

Doesn't that mean you can stop paying for the perk, and keep stuff in that extra bag until you "need" it indefinitely?
  14. Riou EQResource

Technically yea, I don't remember if it let you take individual items or forced to take the entire bag though
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You pay for the perks based on your subscription length so if you pay a year at a time for your subscription you pay a year at a time for perks so that might not work out so well for some.
  16. Flat Toad Elder

Eh; Note that the xp bump is at least a multiplier rather than simple add..Itsy-bitsy things mean a small lot. LoL.
  17. Crillan New Member

With a lifetime subscription, the perks are month to month.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure, but with a lifetime subscription you are no longer paying for it and most people do not have one. I mentioned a yearly subscription as that is generally the one that makes it the cheapest to play over time.
  19. Aanuvane Augur

I just went to add perks to one of my accounts - annual membership, renewed on 10/18....talks about prorating....help me with the math please? 4.99 x 12 = 59.88, 59.88/365*361 = 59.22, but it's trying to charge me 61.37 (these numbers are all before sales tax)

The page is literally telling me the perks will prorated for 361 days remaining on my current membership.

I know it's not much, but how is that math right?

The numbers on the "upcoming purchases" section is correct.
    Stymie likes this.
  20. PatCleric Healer of Aradune

When can we expect to see any response on the functioning of these perks? Seems like the skill up and XP boost perks are way more limited than advertised or they are bugged / broken? Think we should get some transparency on the intention / situation. Feel like they've been out long enough to address.
    Merika and Nennius like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.