EverQuest Perks Now Live

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fenthen, Oct 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cicelee Augur

Question-

These perks are a monthly thing. Say I spend five dollars for the two extra bag slots. Say I fill them up with awesome loot. Say after three weeks I do not want perks anymore.

Do I lose those two bags and everything in them once my month of perk is over? What happens to all that stuff?
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

/itemoverflow maybe?
  3. MustardonWatermelon Elder

I'm drawing on some ancient memory here, but iirc at one point (and maybe now?) silver players lost access to inventory slots at some point. Again, drawing on really dusty memories that never applied to me because I was never a silver account, but I think those people just had that slot locked out and they couldn't access it until they went gold again. They would not be able to access items in those slots, but once they went gold, they could.

Personally I am using those extra 2 slots for potions, so it won't matter if I turn off access to perks at some point. I can always just make more potions.
  4. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Simply allow Guides to have slight GM power again. Free.
    Shindius, Qelil and Fenthen like this.
  5. demi Augur

no ,silver accounts never lost any inventory bag slots ..
    Qelil likes this.
  6. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Add me, an All Access account, to pressing the buy perk button and getting the mention that I must be an All Access Member ... meaning I can not actually buy the 2nd perk.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Actually they did. Way back when F2P/Silver first came out:

Q: I understand that if my account lapsed a few days, I would not have access to all my backpack and have bank limits until I re-subscribed with my EQ game card. What will happen to the items in my extra slots I no longer have access to?

A: The system doesn't automatically send back items from your base inventory slots or shared bank until you log into a character on that lapsed account. So, if you were to have a few days where your account lapsed, as long as you re-sub before logging in, your items will say right where they are. You can safely go to character select. Once you select a character and press "Enter World," the items for that character in slots that you no longer have access to will be sent to you through the parcel system. Other characters will be untouched. Also, new characters won't have anything in those slots, so you could also create a new character and safely play with it.

And shared bank used to be limited to 4 for F2P and Silver (in fact Fanra still shows that) because F2P/Silver did not have
    CotF which was 2 more Shared Bank Slots

When COTF was put into the free expansion matrix then the F2P/Silver got the extra slots too

Sorry way more info then we needed huh, :oops:
  8. Crystilla Augur

If you're a silver or Free to Play account, then that is correct in that you cannot buy these perks. You must have a paying account (either through kronos, all access or a lifetime account).
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

I purchased perks this morning. It charged me until the end of my subscription ($22, sub ends in Feb.) because I am a yearly sub.
  10. Foliax Journeyman

FYI - use Edge browser to buy the perks if you already have a subscription and the add perks option (CONTINUE) only has the red circle with a slash on it when you hover over it. I roll with Opera so it wouldn't let me add the perks until I switched browsers.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is good to know. So it sounds like if you are month to month you will only be charged for that month but if your 3, 6, yearly then you will be charged the time remaining.

Hopefully the don't charge lifetime accounts a lifetime of perk costs!!!!:eek:
  12. Enigma Maitreya Augur

I was able to purchase the perks after and yep it bills to the end of the subscription. Was a tad bit disappointed in that, but ...
  13. Nolick Chapped up

Weird, it wouldn't let me and I have the yearly sub as well. I thought it was due to the maintenance right now but I may have other issues. When I try to add it to the membership I keep getting the notification that I don't have allaccess which I DO.
  14. Nolick Chapped up

Maybe this is my problem as well. I hate Edge browser and deleted it. I normally use Chrome which isnt much better. I will reload Edge and try again.
  15. Qelil Augur

Right. Like I said, I blame old Smed going way back.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  16. Qelil Augur

LOL! As if one copper of new profit will be reinvested in EverQuest. I am kidding of course. I doubt very much that you believe that for one moment either considering the history related to where the money goes over the years.

People tell themselves what they want to hear, what makes them feel good while remaining blissfully in denial about what is really going on. It's human nature but not something any self respecting Iksar would have a problem with.
  17. Qelil Augur

You know the game was already profitable right? So they have long had the money to reinvest in EQ taking care of such projects. These ain't for that but keep telling yourself whatever floats your boat.
  18. MiataDriver Augur

This type of thing is going to drive me away from EQ after 20+ years of continuous play. It's just the final straw, and will cost them nothing for my main account, other than future expansion purchases, as I have a lifetime subscription. I have not made a final decision, but I very definitely do not like the microtransaction direction they are headed in.
    Qelil likes this.
  19. jeskola pheerie

Every Costello needs an Abbott
  20. MustardonWatermelon Elder

Thanks for confirming my memory is at least somewhat functioning.

Now if only I can remember where I put my keys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.