EverQuest Perks Now Live

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fenthen, Oct 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

But I'm reading. One perk (Adventurer) is:
    • Gain a 5% experience bonus that multiplies with other experience bonuses you earn
    • Rake in 10% more coin from your kills
    • Earn 10% more alternate currency from modern raids
    So if you pay for this perk you gain exp faster?
    That is pay to win! 100%
    https://www.everquest.com/membership
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

So we already have XP potions in the marketplace.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

As a lifetime subsciber, would you be willing to get billed an extra $3-$5 each month to maintain your membership?
  4. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

no.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Hence, the perks (optional add-ons) and not a flat increase to the current subscription price.

I was also thinking: how many lifetime subscribers would agree to a buy-back option? (Say Daybreak offers to buy your lifetime sub back for $100 and like an exclusive illusion). I doubt any lifetimer would bite.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. KermittheFroglok Augur

Nope, I'm too casual to bother with these on any of my lifetime sub accounts but it's clear they're going after the hardcore lifetime sub players given they aren't getting as much money from them now...
    Definitely not. We're all past the breakeven point now so it's at the point where it works in our favor to keep it. I'm grinding my teeth though because I'm worried they'll further mess with the membership tiers/fees and nerf AllAccess into the new silver and encourage everyone to upgrade to a $20 a month
    "premium" plan with all the perks and more accelerated exp, after reducing exp. rates further. Essentially what happened to EVE online when EVE's developers made everything in game ridiculously expensive to get people to use the cash shop more...
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not to maintain my membership, but to get some extra benefits possibly.

Still a lot of unanswered questions about the perks, which were ignored when they did the FAQ.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Caisy Master

I think it's okay to have the extras if you want them. More options is always a good thing. For less than a cup of Starbucks you can get all 3 perks, or you just don't. It's not game breaking.
  9. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Wow people are actually sub'ing these after that 200 page ragefest about these? Shocker!
  10. Qelil Augur

Oh, no. See, those are called benefits now. Perks are new! So you need to subscribe to those even if you own a lifetime sub to the game because this game does multiple subs for one game! Yay?

Anyway, who cares about perks or not when you cannot login because well, I don't know why but I can't login now so I came here and saw the red text telling me they are looking into it. That's nice. Now that perks got fixed and released maybe other stuff like not being able to login can get fixed and maybe even other stuff too!

Maybe.
  11. Qelil Augur

Icecube's chance in hell.
  12. Qelil Augur

Yes it is. Old Smed promised this would never happen but then he disappeared and now look what happened! I blame Smed going way back. That's what.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I got it working, and bought my 2 bag slots. Had to turn off my adblocker for the EQ website. once I did that, had no problem and how I have 84 more inventory spaces =) YIPPEEEE
    Metanis likes this.
  14. Rovguy Journeyman

Have merchant perk and I am getting message Saying " Merchant perk allowed you to increase your skill" but no skill up?
  15. eqgamer Augur

Just purchased all three. Doing my part. I want this game to be here another 22 years.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have been selling xp pots for a long time now as well as other potions that give a nice benefit.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I really like the cash for perks idea. It's an additional revenue stream which might yield such craziness as a 64-bit client and an actual UI revamp.

But you all go ahead and pick nits. I'll be enjoying my perks.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Yeah, this won’t get you that. Even if everyone bought the $4.99 perk pack it’s only $330,000 in additional revenue. You could probably get another temporary GM with that revenue though.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Don't worry Skrab. There are plenty of other nits to pick. You're going to be just fine.
  20. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It’s cool, I’m FTP anyways. Just wanted to temper your expectations on their ~2% maximum potential revenue growth. After, everyone has ate their piece of the pie we could maybe get another temporary GM.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.