EverQuest Perks Now Live

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fenthen, Oct 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenthen aka Rath

Shindius likes this.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

So I wonder if trader mode will work with 12 x 12 slot bags? I sort of remember at one point there was an 80 item limit to what could actually be purchased from your trader.
  3. ViciousEQ Elder

Didn't they say there would be a way to view you current experience rates?

/ex didn't work. It crashes me.
    Draxziv and Tatanka like this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

All the benefits none of the perks lol
    Shindius, Qelil and Fenthen like this.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I tried as well, just the last one, the 2 extra slots.. doesn't work.

I go to the membership page, click choose perks, and it sends me to

[IMG]
    Sissruukk likes this.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

/ex is short for /exit which is functionally the same as /quit
  7. Hekaton Augur

he was being sarcastic
  8. Symphony New Member

All Access is Still the same, these Perks are additional Benefits you can purchase that increase certain things, as listed on their page. These specific increases listed by each were never a part of our all access memberships, ever. So this is an add-on to your Existing All Access Membership Account, that you can purchase, completely optional.
    But I do have 1 Gripe about it, and @Devs... this is for you. The Perks page says you need a membership... well technically All access is not the only Membership Level. Quite a lot of players have accounts that are Silver Memberships (not to mention that Free to Play is still considered a type of membership, If we need to be Nit picking here). These Perks don't work with anything but All Access, so if you please, could you adjust the Perks Page to be a bit more specific.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Did you read all the way? Under the list of what you can get if your All Access it now says:

Access to EQ Perks: Merchant’s Perk, Challenger’s Perk, and Adventurer’s Perk**

Just like the discount for the other items mentioned this is only available to All Access members.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

At the bottom it states:

**EQ Perks available for additional monthly charge. You must have a membership to purchase EQ Perks. EQ Perks are nonrefundable. If your first purchase of an EQ Perk is not on the start date of your billing cycle, you will be charged a prorated amount for the remaining portion of your billing cycle. Subsequent charges will occur on your billing cycle date.

Silver and F2P are not memberships. They are account status references.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The webpage is probably pre-staged and won’t be Live at least until after tomorrow’s patch.

OP just assumed it was Live now. Also, All Access remains the same.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Why does everyone nit pik everything in this game.

Instead of raising the monthly cost of our subscriptions they have added a perk that you are allowed to buy if you wish, if you are a subscriber.

If you don't that is fine.

I would much rather they do it this way than incorporate those perks and then raise the price by $5 each month.

If your F2P or Silver then pony up. No more free rides for choo
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

CatsPaws likes this.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

15. Sissruukk Rogue One

Got the same when I went to purchase a perk
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

So with those that bought the lifetime sub, that statement was on their purchase correct? therefore they should not be paying extra for the ' all the perks' they paid for then?
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Team,
    I really believe you just made a bad business decision.
    There are players that feel this is a pay to win (opening doors for such).. situation here where you now charge for UI changes (bennefits) ect that would normally be in the upcomming expansion as it has throughout the history of the game.
    To see an extra buff we would buy AA's introducted in a specific expansion.
    Now you charge for these type of things (bag slots).

I feel this is an opening to future pay to win scenarios.
    If you wanted to charge a higher monthly fee, we probably would accept this, but the extra greed of perks is not acceptable throughout the community on many levels.
    I don't wish to pay an extra $178 x 3 accounts just for two bags each account.

We have not had any reply to our comments on the topic, you just didn't care to hear us, and did it.

You probably have lost membership or players from this perk pay monthly idea.. it is disapointing.

#gamemagazines
    Fenthen and Jumbur like this.
  18. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Fenthen and Skuz like this.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's a trade-off. Some players think the perk situation is a result of Daybreak losing revenue on Lifetime memberships. Also, it is probably related to inflation (see the inflationary pressures across the country - record real estate and living costs).

If they increase the monthly rate, would Lifetime subscribers ultimately have to pay an additional $3-$5 per month as well?

You can see the dilemma and why the "perk" (add-on) path was preferred.

(In my opinion, they should just generate more cosmetics - such as a limited edition monthly cosmetic bundle - and cash in there but that's just my 2 cents).
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

In the end.. He died.
    Fenthen and demi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.