STOP KILLING MY PET!!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demi, Oct 14, 2021.

1. demi Augur

pls stop killing my pet .. I leave my toons logged in and when i came home after work i seen all my accounts were disconnected and when i logged back in my pet was dead .. ok np

new day I left my toons logged in came home from work , this time my toons were only logged out to character select but when I logged in my pet was gone .. STOP KILLING MY PET ..

luckily I didnt have gear on the one i had to remake before .. but usually i get him all decked out in gear and buffs ..

this has got to stop ..
    Leerah and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  2. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

You have to buy a perk for that
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  3. Razorfall Augur

Do you have the AA that keeps your pet whenever you zone? If not that may be the problem
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Demi, check your windows settings. I woke up 3 days in a row to EQ logged out. Turned out Windows did an update, and reset my sleep settings.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

What?

Pets haven't poofed on zoning in decades.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

This generally happens when the server crashes or is restarted after an update. It might not be every server crash but it certainly happens most often in that scenario.
    Leerah and Deux like this.
  7. Maedhros High King

This post happens every year.
    I think its long passed due as a quality of life feature to keep the pets alive after a server reset, game crash etc.
  8. Weebaaa Augur

You all leaving your PC on all day while away are making me Hella sad

Also insert some snarky comment about an easy fix is to not be logged in while idle for half a day
    Dre. and Tatanka like this.
  9. CazRaX Elder

Some zones crashed, it wasn't a sleep issue.
  10. demi Augur

ya im lvl 115 SK and autogrant takes care of my Pet AA's ..

I dont do automatic updates with windows also im still using win 7 .. any updates I do are manual cause I dont want them installing something I dont want ..

its a well known fact that turning your PC on and off can damage the PSU/CPU more than just leaving it running would .. only time I really turn off my PC is when im actually going to be gone for a few days at a time .. then i'll turn it off .. Ive had the same CPU and PSU for about 5 to 7 years now ..

thx .. I should of did the /up command but forgot was just soo aggravated about them killing my pet again .. :p
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

It is not a well-known fact. I happen to leave my PC on but I wouldn't say it's 100% understood to be the best way.
  12. kizant Augur

It impacted old fashion hard drive the most but it's still a good idea to leave it on. It's well-known among computer nerds at least.
    demi, Beimeith and Stymie like this.
  13. Stymie Pendragon

In all my years using a computer, the only time my personal or business computers get turned off is when mother nature makes the call. I've never had an issue, and they have all lasted long enough that an upgraded replacement was warrented while the old ones still chugged along.
    demi likes this.
  14. demi Augur

and once again im sitting in GL and they must of repopped the zone or it crashed cause MY PET IS DEAD again ..

is this their attempt to make everyone loose interest in the game and log out .. cause im tempted to just log out and not come back ..

STOP KILLING MY frackin pet
    Leerah likes this.
  15. Dragnath Elder

I had 3 toons sitting in Guild Hall with lessons popped, I logged them all in and went to do some chores. I come back and for some reason the Enchanter is in EW just outside of TOFS, geared pet is gone, and 3 minutes left on lesson. Not really sure why it happens to some toons and not others.
    Leerah likes this.
  16. Celephane Augur

It's an SK pet, who cares?
    Dre. likes this.
  17. demi Augur

I do , and my pet is dying im sure any mages up at that time or necro's, bsts pets are also being killed , if they are in GL when DPG decides to pop the zone ..

I feel they are doing this on purpose .. its happened twice now in a week roughly ..
  18. Syylke_EMarr Augur

You all are actually summoning your pet? :p
    Dre. likes this.
  19. Grem New Member

This harkens me back to the days when I'd sing my inviz song to go start a big pull and kill the pet of the necro in my group! Haha. I miss those days!
  20. demi Augur

and once again Bertox must of crashed , as I was sitting in my GGH while i slept and counted sheep for the night and what did I wake up to before heading off to work .. you have been disconnected and crash to server select also when i log back in my PET IS FRACKIN DEAD again !!! at least my pet is only the SK pet and lately I have not been equiping him with any gear fear of PDS (pet death syndrome) which is what I'm now calling it when the Dev's screw up and kill my pet ..

well this has made up my mind , thank you dev's .. I will not be buying ToL for any of my 13 accounts (even the main) and I will be letting my 3 accounts that have subs lapse .. I was also gonna be buying some krono or DBC to try to buy the illusion from the heritage crate, but alas you have saved me prolly $300 - 400 bucks .. so I have to hand it to ya there . you def know how to lose money ..

DPG Skill <lose money> 600

add to all this the new nerf to tanks riposte (strikethrough) melee
    the halloween quests that are broken
    and all the downtime I've experienced this last 2 weeks during bonus xp time

just makes EQ not fun to play and when something is not fun im not gonna continue to bang my head against the wall ..

so enjoy the holidays , I know I will ..

and I might see you next year ..

No, you cannot have my stuff
    Elyssanda likes this.