Terror of Luclin

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Morigaine Elder

So based on this, can we please get guild hall portal via the stones and Druid/wizard ports to anywhere else? Last year when it was brought up that every single port went to the exact same spot, we were told it was too late to change. Well, it won’t be false advertising to move the other non-item ports now since they aren’t advertised yet.
    Fenthen and Shindius like this.
  2. Teylana Elder

Luclin herself... again. Mayong Mistmoore... again.

They could have done something completely new using the guarded door in Shadow Haven but nooooo. We get recycled content... again.

C'mon devs. You can do better than this.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

while they have not yet finished coding all of the teleport clickies, they did do the lamp, so the slide should be added at some point. they did a small batch first to make sure it worked, and the lamp was in the test batch.
  5. Nniki Augur

If you already have it installed from last time, just run the beta launcher and patch the beta client.

Otherwise, if you need to reinstall, it can be downloaded from the same URL as before: https://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/EQ_Beta_setup.exe
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

o_O

Unhappy just because there are 2 canonical characters appearing in the storyline?
  7. Sicarious Journeyman

correct me if im wrong, but arent the majority of players on progression servers? I feel like there should be an upgrade to the over all game before another expansion hits.
  8. Mossaa Augur

Your wrong. You play the game we on live did play years ago. So your content is old live expansions and not some new game.
    Fenthen, Bigstomp, PCSS and 2 others like this.
  9. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Source?

With FTP on Live, there are just more accounts that play on Live servers. Given how many of my guildmates are at least dabbling on TLPs, I'm not sure you could break out the paid subs easily who are pure TLP vs combination (and I'm sure it runs the other way ... TLP folks dabbling on Live ... or at least annoying Live servers trying to sell Gift Bunny Mounts for krono).

I'm also pretty sure there are those on Live who think that TLPs get far too much of the developers time as is on patch notes.

I suspect the game itself could not survive without either group atm ... those paying for nostalgia and those paying for the latest content. I do know that as a Live player, a year without an expansion would probably mean a year of no funds from me to Darkpaw Games.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I am sure the devs are thinking this expansion will eventually benefit TLP servers as well!
    TLP servers now has 28 expansions! :p

That said, I had hoped for some general technical improvements too, like a new 3d-engine or an updated UI.
    Nolick, PCSS, Stymie and 1 other person like this.
  11. Qelil Augur

I am surprised to see the friends and family package does not list upgrading at least one other account to the base expansion as it did last year. Also surprised that only the highest tier fancy upgrade at 250 bucks gets a single heroic character token and it's still only level 85. The other options include zero heroic character tokens. All in all the Collectors edition on up seem pretty underwhelming to me personally and I did buy one Friends and Family and one Collector's Edition last expansion which upgraded my three accounts, gave me multiple heroic characters and bunnies. The options this year seem pretty underwhelming to me really. The bags of course are nice but the rest of it? I do like the Rockhopper metamorph toy.

In a way, their failure to entice me to spend a lot more money this year as I did last year is something I probably should welcome as it's all fluff anyway. It is nice base upgrades include the ports keyring and its upgradeable to more slots.

The expansion itself looks cool to me though, particularly the new solo missions option is most welcome for my alt army. I'm very happy to see this.

I don't see revisiting content from the glory days of EQ as recycling it at all. The zones are not carbon copies of old zones, the quests and missions are new, the character advancement stuff is all new, new raids, new gear, lots of new stuff to keep us all occupied in the world we love to spend time in. Capitalizing on the lore of days gone by somewhat and giving us opportunities to revisit places themed on past expansions is in my own view a great idea. I think a couple years (I am guessing) of Luclin will be good fun and I hope a few of PoP will follow that as I absolutely loved that expansion and still do for little guys.

This is kinda funny but my complaints about underwhelming perks with deluxe additions hardly represent complaints in my mind as I really am glad they didn't suck me into spending more this time. I'm retired with a limited fixed income and better off spending that money on annual subs that will renew in January. For those with the disposable cash the stuff is nice enough but it isn't the value we got last year I don't think myself unless the advertising and ordering pages need corrections. It seems odd Friends and Family doesn't list a tradeable base expansion upgrade for example.

The only major element missing is catch up mechanics in the form of higher level Heroic characters but I have read the development team wants to do this but has not had sufficient time to implement it and everything that goes with it. So hopefully we'll see that coming up in the relatively near future because the game really needs that at this point. Very happy again though to see solo missions coming up. That to me is great news.

Sorry for rambling on. It's first thing here and I am not even done with coffee number one yet so don't mind me please.
    PCSS, Stymie, Shindius and 1 other person like this.
  12. strongbus Augur

on the topic of HC toons. I agree they should be increase at lest each time a new level increase exp comes out. keep them at lest at the 30 level max range for grouping with maxed out toons.

it not like they have to write 100% new files for each time. on test and beta they have the files ready to go.(you can beta buff a toon in 5 level groups.) just copy those files and make the needed changes.
    Ozon likes this.
  13. Whitehawk Lorekeeper

Link for Beta Forums
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Beta forums are at the bottom of these forums, if you have preordered just relog and you will see them.
  15. Ozon Augur

It does give an extra base expac tradeable.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. HeatherPurrs Augur

DayBreak wants more money... I'm betting they lose customers on this expansion, rather than add them.
    More of the same repetitive quests and progression that requires a sk bot group and gear camps that require the same.

Every camp will be camped on release by sk bot groups and molo players will be left to be scavenging power leveled zombies or they can quit, right everybody? Can't make molo something viable because, the sk bot groups take that content over too. I get it. I don't think EQ is fulfilling it's original vision and mission statements at all.

I doubt in the beginning EQ was intended to be a scripting contest for everyone following the same bot group template of sk, cleric, bard, dps, dps, dps, the best.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This seems far too "Chicken Little" and fearmongering in tone, while BOT groups are an obvious and genuine ongoing concern they aren't completely dominating any server or occupying all the camp spots all the time upon new expansion launches to the extent that you seem to be worried about.

In any case, new expansions tend to have a busy phase at their launch as you get everyone who usually raidlogs busting through progression / AAXP'ing as fast as they can prior to going back to their raidlogging pattern. The bots don't compete with groups of raid geared players blasting through content I am pretty sure. And by the time they've passed through the content there will be plenty of open camps.

Nothing we haven't seen before.
    PCSS, Shindius, Elyssanda and 3 others like this.
  18. Stom New Member

For all editions, pre-order now and get the Shadow Weapon Ornament and access to the beta server!
    Is there a screenshot of what the weapon ornament looks like??
  19. Raptorjesus5 Augur

The higher tier packages seem very underwhelming this year. Not worth it at the moment.
    Fenthen, PCSS and Qelil like this.
  20. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

wow the art shot looks great won't lie
    Shindius and Raptorjesus5 like this.