Test Update 10/12/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 12, 2021.

1. EQ Dev Developer

October 12, 2021

*** Items ***

- Look to the Marketplace this month for the Feir'Dal Heritage Crate. Each crate contains a random item. Trade these Feir'Dal Heritage items to your friends or collect them all yourself!

*** Tradeskills ***

- Updated the Combine button to show your chance of successfully combining the selected recipe.
    - Added a quantity label to the recipe's component icons in the Tradeskill window.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Changed the aura color used by the banish aura in the Claws of Veeshan Sontalak raid.
    - (Raid) Restless Assault - Changed the "melting" decal for Narandi the Restless back to blue.
    - Cikdew has found her voice and will be looking for assistance during the Nights of the Dead.

*** Spells ***

- Fixed a bug where Translocate: Primary Anchor and Primary Anchor Push would fail if the request was accepted after 40 seconds.
    - Fixed a bug where Translocate spells cast while you were in the same zone would fail to teleport you to the correct location.

*** AA ***

- Increased the cap on banked Mercenary AA experience points to one-half of your current level, every 10 levels, starting at level 50 (up from 10 at level 50, 15 at level 80, and 20 at level 100.)

*** Mercenaries ***

- Experience granted from quests, tasks, and rewards (non-kill sources) will now increase your Mercenary Alternate Advancement Experience regardless of whether your mercenary is currently active.

*** Overseer ***

- Corrected an issue with recovery quests not prioritizing the correct agent rarity and incapacitation type.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Resolved an issue on progression servers where Xon Quexill would tell the adventurers to go to someone who doesn't exist...yet. Once Planes of Power unlocks on a server, the text will reflect that the correct person is available.
    - Added a chance for all NPCs in appropriate zones to drop the pieces needed for the Key to Vex Thal. The droprate will be doubled for the first month of the release of Shadows of Luclin. After that month, it will still have an increased drop rate, however not as much.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Any server other than Miragul, Mischief, Thornblade, and Firiona Vie can now transfer to Phinigel.
    - Guild members who are not really in a guild can now be removed.
    - Corrected an issue where an account would sometimes think a player was still online when going from character select to server select.
    - Updated the /usetarget command to work with traders and barterers.
    - Added the /waypoint command, which can be used to draw a find path to a specific coordinate location. This location is also marked on the map.
    - A successful strikethrough of a riposte no longer results in an additional melee hit.

*** UI ***

- Corrected an overlapping slot in the loot window.
    - The Marketplace at Character Select will now allow you to keep browsing after a purchase of any item and to make subsequent purchases. Mercenary slot items will be hidden from the Marketplace if they will take you over the maximum allowed feature slots.
    - Corrected an issue with the Item Display window having a repeating texture.
    - Added an option to the Map window that allows a label to show with your group's position.

- Changed -
    EQUI_DragItems.xml
    EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml
    EQUI_LootWnd.xml
    EQUI_MapViewWnd.xml

*** Previously Updated ***

- The Seeds of Destruction Hunter achievements should now properly reward you.
    - Corrected an issue where certain players could not enter instances from an Agent of Change.
    - Added Agents of Change that were missing from the following zones: Lavastorm, Everfrost, Cauldron, Paineel, Arcstone, Feerrott, Freeport East, and South Ro.
    - Fixed a critical zone crash.
    - Vulak can now be spawned in the Agent of Change instances.
    - Addressed an issue that can cause the Agents of Change to not properly determine if players are able to enter zones in certain cases.

- The EverQuest Team
    kizant likes this.
  2. Szilent Augur

please help me parse this correctly.

What I think I"m reading is that, before this fix, players get +1 hit in addition to their regular hit if they Strikethrough an enemy's Riposte defense, as opposed to "Striking Through" an enemy's Dodge or Parry or Block defense.

So, swing : mob defends. If that defense was Dodge or Parry or Block, then Strikethrough just allowed the o.g. hit. But if the defense was Riposte, then the Strikethrough was granting an additional hit?

And this patch line makes that no longer the case?
    minimind and Tropi like this.
  3. Falafel Lorekeeper

does this VT shard change apply to mischiefs launch tomorrow?
  4. ViciousEQ Elder

They waited until the last minute to push this to test. I doubt its ready for tomorrow.

I doubt its even been tested. Watch entrance temple guards drop Planar Rifts lol. What a joke to nerf the best key quest in the entire game.
    Tmerz likes this.
  5. Riou EQResource

Probably not since live patch is next week, though that should leave the 3? weeks left to get the boosted rate
    Shindius likes this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Wut?
  7. Falafel Lorekeeper

Not all of us enjoy the ridiculous first week VT hunger games.
  8. Mrjon3s Augur

So did they not fix
    Yxtta, Pulpit of Exiles AoC?
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This is nice. However, Find path fails so often I wonder how useful. It continues to have issues, with what I guess is the Z-axis (being that if you are not at the same height as the target). At least the X shows on the map even if the yellow path fails.
    Leannah5292, Stymie, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  10. Tropi Elder

Does this also mean that mobs were getting an additional hit especially raid mobs with near perfect strikethrough?
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Khat_Nip Meow

I logged into the far edge of PoK and gave this a try with Maelin's loc at the top of the library and it got me there just fine so it's looking promising.
    Shindius and Fanra like this.
  12. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Can confirm the TL box fixes.

Able to click yes on a TL box up to 1m59s and it still works. TL boxes still last 2m.

TL to GH and PoK seemed to work fine whether already in zone or out of zone.

Thank you for the fix.
    Stymie, Yinla and Shindius like this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

" Added the /waypoint command, which can be used to draw a find path to a specific coordinate location. This location is also marked on the map"

Thank you.
    Stymie and klanderso like this.
  14. Tmerz New Member

I totally agree. Why are we nerfing quests to the point that there is no sense of accomplishment when its completed?
  15. Falafel Lorekeeper

Because the alternative are these insane hunger games we get when the entire server is after a tiny amount of mobs.

I shouldn't need to compete with cheaters to raid with my guild, simply put.
    Dono27 and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  16. Senthin1 Journeyman

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!! Thank you Devs!
    Dono27 and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  17. Senthin1 Journeyman

Who is nerfing anything? They are buffing, not nerfing.

If you want to feel the sense of accomplishment, NOTHING is stopping you from only looting shards off of shard-relevant mobs and just only loot the second one to account for the increased drop rate.

Feel free to make this quest as hard as you want to.

Meanwhile, my guild will be happily raiding VT.
  18. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I tried several quests multiple times from ToV.

I earned the same amount of merc xp with the merc out vs no merc. So that part of granting merc xp seems to be working.

Working on the new cap ... takes awhile to get merc xp regardless of what you do...
  19. Koredan New Member

Because two months in an expansion is a lot different than the original 10 months in the expansion.
    Dono27, Wyre Wintermute and Skuz like this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any chance of this being doubled on Mischief/Thornblade longer, as this won't land until Luclin has already been unlocked a week, is it goes live today and the patch isn't until next week?
    Senthin1, Dono27 and Skuz like this.