Bigger fellowship capacity.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veneshon, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Veneshon New Member

There's a lockout timer, you can drop a FS and join another one, and when you drop that one you have to wait like 20ish hours.
  2. Randomized Augur

Ah okay, guess that kinda nixs my idea lol - but even so, with 16 different actively played characters, I don’t think the 20 hour lockout would be that horrible
  3. Gialana Augur

Also have to have to be in the same zone as the character you want to invite.
    If you have a fellowship member in that zone, you could temporarily promote them to leader so they could do the invite, though.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
    The Devs have answered this a few times the same way.

No.

There is no interest in creating "guilds within guilds" which is what a higher limit would effectively allow.

These were designed to facilitate actual player groups not you & your 0-4 friends 10 gazillion alts.
    If you want to feel free to create multiple fellowships for your alt armies, all you are really asking for is allowing you to put vitality on more alts at the same time, just rotate them like the non-lazy people do.

I would actually like the devs to say that the next player to ask for a fellowship slot increase gets the feature nerfed for them so any fellowship they join with any character on any of the accounts they own will be capped at 6, like it was to begin with, for 12 months.
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

No miniguilds. Tell yourself and your friends to make less alts.
  6. Veneshon New Member

7. Veneshon New Member

A lot of stuff was designed for something, and then changed, it's not new. My 0-4 friends and 10 gazillion alts pay just like everyone else, and vitality is a crutch. You wanting to see people nerfed is just a sad comment.
    Gyurika Godofwar and cadres like this.
  8. Zunnoab Augur

Why is "guilds within guilds" a problem? Guild Wars 2 allows you to join a number of guilds at the same time, for example. That always seemed like a reason to me that gives a reason but not any reason why the reason should be relevant.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. demi Augur

Who thought up this random # of 12 anyways .. hope he/she dont work here anymore .. the # was 6 when it was first introduced which means it was changed once and should be changed again ..

And the Lockout timer needs to go byebye .. there's no reason to have a 20-24 hour lockout to reinvite friends or alts back into a fellowship .. you want us to deal with 12 then remove the dang lockouts ..

when people leave guilds to join another one they dont have to wait 20 hours or when they leave to go raid with another guild .. its just Hogwash and poppycock ridiculous ..

they need to up the fellowship to 15 or 18 .. 18 would be the magic # ..

and the requirement for how many peeps needed to drop a CF needs to drop to 2.. IF we cant have an increase in numbers then they need to remove the lockouts and drop the req to place a campfire to 2..

the times have changed .. its a different game now than it was back then when they implemented fellowships ..

Make it so #1
    Engage
  10. Flatchy Court Jester

Doesn't the character have to be in zone with you for a fellowship invite? Heck I cant even zone in 5 seconds.

Personally I would be happy if they would give us the ability to have our last campfire burst into flames once every 24 hours.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Solutions:
    * Enable 3 party members that are near each other to be able to summon other party members to them (I can't remember which MMO I played that had this, but it was nice).
    * Create "Guild campfires" that function as personalized banners. You create a guild campfire with other people near you, then a guild member can click an item / AA, pick your name from a list and port to that campfire
    * Make fellowships account-wide, or better yet, add real multi-boxing tools to EQ and link accounts and enable 12 groups of accounts to be in a fellowship
  12. Stephen51 Augur

How about allowing it a class ability for Rogues, Rangers and/or Bards to be able to drop a campfire (or guild banner) on there own? They are all scout classes and/or have scouting abilities?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Elyssanda like this.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

that doesn't solve the problem of not being able to use campfire for more than 12 people
  14. Elyssanda Bardbrain

15. kizant Augur

Fellowships are only supposed to contain 9 members. Adding even more would make no sense.
    Flatchy and Elyssanda like this.
  16. Jennre Band Leader

I see what you did there!
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So its not for boxers :) Duh.
    Accipiter likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

19. Randomized Augur

Most toons will be parked in PoK, GL/GH. Wouldn’t take anything to promote a person to leader, invite your person, and just have them port to campfire. But again, depending on what you’ve done in the past, lockout timer may be an issue still but not likely
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nerfed? What nerf?
    No player's power is affected by the punishment I suggest for repeatedly asking the same stupid question, fellowships were 6 players to begin with, and they increased them to 12.

You all had your fellowship increase already, rotate your alts or make a guild for them, I have 16 classes across 5 accounts myself and I manage just fine with the existing fellowship.